You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

Opened an easter egg yesterday and, with a little careful pressure, it popped open in two perfect halves; no broken bits.

I'll let you off for opening it a day early for that is another of life's small pleasures.

Did you then do the horses' hooves thing with them? Probably not

Got off the coach yesterday and the lads went in the pub, I had a quick drink with them then took a walk up the street, full English in a nice cafe and a cup of tea.  A little bit of peace and quiet, and proper tea from a cafe that even after sitting for ten minutes is still red hot. It defies physics and science how it was so hot

Best £6 spent 

Having a dreaded company medical and being told you're in great shape, good blood pressure (110/70) and a resting heart rate of 60. Everything else appearing to be in good order including liver apparently, although I have no idea how she could tell just from poking around

Mind you, it'll all go to shit on Friday when the urine sample results come back and I have to have an eye test. Thank god there was no blood test for shithouse aids

Having a dreaded company medical and being told you're in great shape, good blood pressure (110/70) and a resting heart rate of 60. Everything else appearing to be in good order including liver apparently, although I have no idea how she could tell just from poking around

Mind you, it'll all go to shit on Friday when the urine sample results come back and I have to have an eye test. Thank god there was no blood test for shithouse aids

I love all that shit...even though I'm sure they say it to most people.

And equally, when I broke my shoulder a couple of years back and was told I shouldnt expect to get full movement back, I'm thinking, 'that'll be right!' I have full movement back

I love all that shit...even though I'm sure they say it to most people.

And equally, when I broke my shoulder a couple of years back and was told I shouldnt expect to get full movement back, I'm thinking, 'that'll be right!' I have full movement back

I've seen a doctor once in the last 25 years and that's only because I was forced to to get the right jabs to climb Kilimanjaro. I would happily never see one and would rather drop dead than know something was wrong. And for that reason, I really wasn't looking forward to this

I've seen a doctor once in the last 25 years and that's only because I was forced to to get the right jabs to climb Kilimanjaro. I would happily never see one and would rather drop dead than know something was wrong. And for that reason, I really wasn't looking forward to this

I remember you going on about rather dying than admit to the shame of having gout.

You are fucking crackers Pesti mate.

The sandwiches at work in the vending machines have been historically fucking despicable, bad quality, over priced, stale and slim fucking pickings especially on night shift. 

We've recently got a new sandwich supplier and they are putting genuinely decent food in the machines, I just had a really good Focaccia sandwich, proper Focaccia like in Genoa as well, none of the fluffy shite in most UK Supermarkets. Also they have fresh tasting Croissants and Pain au chocolat rather than cheap, sugary crap attempts at Danish pastries or Rock cakes.

A really great thing happened today. At dinner time, as I was sat on a wall, eating my dinner, a massive fucking seagull divebombed and deliberately shit right at me, missing me by a couple of feet.

My mate Billy on the other hand, who was stood opposite eating his dinner, was covered in massive bird shits, all over his new blue suit and his baldy ginger napper.

Even seagulls hate gingers.

• Upvote 3

Just scared of doctors. Don't know why, but hate them or the thought/knowledge of being ill. So long as I can move, I'm sure I'll be fine

I don't go to the doctors either, because they're absolutely fucking useless.

Must be the most overpaid twats going.

"Severed head, Sir? Just make sure you drink plenty of water & come back in eight years if it hasn't improved."

I don't go to the doctors either, because they're absolutely fucking useless.

Must be the most overpaid twats going.

"Severed head, Sir? Just make sure you drink plenty of water & come back in eight years if it hasn't improved."

You've clearly never had anything wrong with you, which is great, or met the right doctor or get upset as there's no cure for the common cold