You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

I love dark mornings and dark evening. I'm not really sure why either.

Getting up really early on a Saturday when it's still dark, poaching some eggs, grill some bacon, have it with nice bread, and eat it out on the porch while it gets bright.

Putting something nice into the slow cooker then, having it in the early evening watching some Sport with a beer.

Waking up and checking the time to see it is only 2am and you can go back asleep.

Waking up just before your alarm goes off.

Leaving yourself enough time in the morning to be able to sit in-front of SSN with a brew and some breakfast

Wanking over Alex Hammond

Waking up and checking the time to see it is only 2am and you can go back asleep.

Waking up just before your alarm goes off.

Leaving yourself enough time in the morning to be able to sit in-front of SSN with a brew and some breakfast

Wanking over Alex Hammond

Was it his brave attempt at achieving Scottish independence, or those pinchable cheeks he has?

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I had my car cleaned inside and out by these Romanian lads who do a fantastic job.  Anyway, they have a huge card with these massively pungent air fresheners in that they get in from China.  They have different smells approximating fruits etc.  Yesterday I picked a lime one. Even though it was still wrapped in cellophane, the whiff was brutal.  So imagine the pleasure I had this morning after spending the best part of an hour shouting at my daughter to get up and go and do some food shopping, and getting increasingly testy, when I unsheathed said air freshener and popped it into her handbag just before she left the house.  

Yesterday I had my car cleaned inside and out by these Romanian lads who do a fantastic job. Anyway, they have a huge card with these massively pungent air fresheners in that they get in from China. They have different smells approximating fruits etc. Yesterday I picked a lime one. Even though it was still wrapped in cellophane, the whiff was brutal. So imagine the pleasure I had this morning after spending the best part of an hour shouting at my daughter to get up and go and do some food shopping, and getting increasingly testy, when I unsheathed said air freshener and popped it into her handbag just before she left the house.

Pics... Rule of the GF...

When lots of small pleasures combine and you get the synergy of all these small pleasures, synergism I think it is called.  Anyway, enough of that, just consider the following:

• Finished work for the weekend
  • Boxed off a few things I had hanging over me, daft jobs to be done
  • Came home to the house spotless, a nice lamb dish and a cake baked because the Mrs was off today
  • Missus then says she is going to her friends for a few hours and instead of me having to drop her off, my brother who had popped in with his girlfriend said he would drop her off as it is just a mile or so from his house.
  • Then I sit down with a cup of tea and a slice of cake with Spotify on in the background.  Nobody to bother me

My life might never be as good again

• Upvote 2

When you fart at your desk at work and it comes out at just the right volume.  That is, not so loud that your colleagues hear it but loud enough to qualify as a decent fart.

A guy who sits about 10 yards away from me in another team once tried that & it didn't come off, it was a proper comedy fart as well.

I don't think I've ever laughed as much in my life, had to go & hide in the toilet for a bit.

A guy who sits about 10 yards away from me in another team once tried that & it didn't come off, it was a proper comedy fart as well.

I don't think I've ever laughed as much in my life, had to go & hide in the toilet for a bit.

People are doing some sort of drilling work in the bogs on my floor in work and every single time it starts up iit sounds almost exactly like a massive guff. Sadly, i'm the only one giggling.   

Thats one of lifes small pleasures particular to being a man.

Farts are funny from the day you realise what they are, and remain so until the day you die.

• Upvote 1