You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

Just been sitting in my front living room having a lovely cup of coffee, watching a few people and kids wander by, the sun blazing down, only the ticking clock to keep me company.

The road is quiet, not many cars at all, and a really got a sense that spring is just around the corner with those warm summer days not too far behind (I hope).

Just been in the loft for the last  hours playing guitar for the first time in way too long. Just jamming along to some Karate and some cool jazzy type stuff, playing loud and (surprisingly) well.

Almost forgot how hypnotic and meditative guitar playing can be.

One of the things I miss from my past is getting stoned and just jamming with a couple of mates. Sat in someones bedroom, two acoustic guitars and my bass through a little practice amp, skinning up spliff after spliff and just bouncing ideas round and round. Ace.

• Upvote 1

New socks

Got myself a pack of seven, the week flew by as each morning I put on some brand new socks

Only Monday to Friday as my missus put the others in my draw, but the week days were fantastic

You're just being silly now, Mark.

Although it has to be said putting on new socks or undies is pretty high up on the list of small pleasures

Just been sitting in my front living room having a lovely cup of coffee, watching a few people and kids wander by, the sun blazing down, only the ticking clock to keep me company.

The road is quiet, not many cars at all, and a really got a sense that spring is just around the corner with those warm summer days not too far behind (I hope).

There's a grand stretch in the evenings.

Showers in general are a regular small pleasure for me, they're the magic cure for most things.

Stayed in a decent hotel at the weekend which was all Roll Top bath in the room and the biggest shower I've ever seen, one of these rainwater affairs.

She was cooing over the bath and couldn't wait to road test it, I just hopped in the shower and experienced bliss.  3 seconds and you could have got back out such was the volume, but I stayed there for fucking ages just nodding to myself.

I love a good shower. We are getting this bad boy for our shower http://www.ergonomicdesigns.co.uk/product/RS200FHW14~Aqualisa-Rise-Luxury-200mm-Wall-Mounted-Drencher-Shower-Head.html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=organic&gclid=COr38_Tr2cMCFUfkwgodbmEA3w

Our bathroom is the favourite part of our house. Nice large enclosed shower double the size of a single cubicle and a bathy at the other side separately. I could spend an hour in the shower happily just stood under it. Them drencher ones are amazing. Can't wait.

• Upvote 2

I love a good shower. We are getting this bad boy for our shower http://www.ergonomicdesigns.co.uk/product/RS200FHW14~Aqualisa-Rise-Luxury-200mm-Wall-Mounted-Drencher-Shower-Head.html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=organic&gclid=COr38_Tr2cMCFUfkwgodbmEA3w

Our bathroom is the favourite part of our house. Nice large enclosed shower double the size of a single cubicle and a bathy at the other side separately. I could spend an hour in the shower happily just stood under it. Them drencher ones are amazing. Can't wait.

Want.  When we finally move there is no doubt something like that will be bossing the game in our bathroom.

And a neg flogging for the use of 'bad boy'?

What do you have to say in your defence?

• Downvote 1

250 quid for a shower head and a web site that looks like they're still using netscape.