You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

Had a lovely haggis over the weekend.

I have converted many a person up here to the haggis.

We missed a Burns Supper on Sunday so did our own on Monday evening. Traditional and a veggie haggis (won't bother with that again) with whisky sauce followed by a very fine Cranachan

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

I checked with my daughter when she got in from school. I asked when she noticed the snow. 'When someone shouted it out in the class', she said. So for all the stuff kids have now and however grown up and cool they might think they are they still love snow like we did

Before I had moved out from my folks we had a lot of really deep snow. I had been digging the cars out and then started chucking snowballs at all the local kids, we had half the street grown ups included having a snow ball fight and I was scrubbing loads of the kids.

Couple of days later a load of the kids knocked on the door to see if I wanted to go out to play!

One of the lads at the place I worked at before HMRC wouldn't go outside if I was there when it was snowing. Snow is ace.

If you don't like snow frankly you may as well just give up and die.

• Upvote 1

Before I had moved out from my folks we had a lot of really deep snow. I had been digging the cars out and then started chucking snowballs at all the local kids, we had half the street grown ups included having a snow ball fight and I was scrubbing loads of the kids.

Couple of days later a load of the kids knocked on the door to see if I wanted to go out to play!

Thats brilliant!

I bet you didnt hide in the house and make your Mum answer the door like my 15 year old did when 2 of the little kids in the street called for her during the summer

Thats brilliant!

I bet you didnt hide in the house and make your Mum answer the door like my 15 year old did when 2 of the little kids in the street called for her during the summer

The local kids loitered around ours a lot anyway. A rally car on the drive will do that, if eligible women in their late 20's and early 30's could be lured in like that I'd be set for life. 

We get very little grief, I know all of the headcases around my age as I went to school with them and had a reputation for not taking shit and all of the ones younger than me are OK because I always used to let them look at the cars rather than give them shit and chase them off. 

Plus I suspect they all think I'm a pikey. 

Knocking on people's door story.

*f alert.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

When we were kids Nicky Tanner of shite LFC fame moved into our street. The house had been up for sale for a few months so we'd been using his garage door as a goalmouth. The first week he moved in we told my brother (being younger and more stupid than the rest of us) to knock on his door and ask him to come out and play.

To be fair he did, but he was crap and at least 3 of us were better than him when we played headers and volleys.

• Upvote 1

*f alert.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

When we were kids Nicky Tanner of shite LFC fame moved into our street. The house had been up for sale for a few months so we'd been using his garage door as a goalmouth. The first week he moved in we told my brother (being younger and more stupid than the rest of us) to knock on his door and ask him to come out and play.

To be fair he did, but he was crap and at least 3 of us were better than him when we played headers and volleys.

Can well believe that.

*f alert.

I have a similar tale to this however it would involve the most heinous crime of the GF.

One you yourself have just committed.