You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

On Friday spent 20 mins sat on a bench facing out over Hoylake beach. Nice and sunny. Slight breeze. Barely any foot traffic. Just able to clear my mind and let my gaze wander over to the wind farms.

Always felt a serene beauty to wind turbines. Fuck knows why people think they are a blight on the landscape.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

On Friday spent 20 mins sat on a bench facing out over Hoylake beach. Nice and sunny. Slight breeze. Barely any foot traffic. Just able to clear my mind and let my gaze wander over to the wind farms.

Sounds wonderful.

Slowly walking home from work on Friday, the sun on my face and a faint but perceptible smell of the salty sea fret in my nose, the weekend ahead of me, the working week literally behind me, I was truly happy in that moment.

Here's to many, many more of those. I love spring time, easily my favourite time of the year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Always felt a serene beauty to wind turbines. Fuck knows why people think they are a blight on the landscape.

I was on a Greyhound bus 28 years ago, travelling through the San Fernando Valley shortly after the sun had risen, and there were hundreds of them.

It was a wonderful sight, again, one I felt strangely privileged to experience in that moment.

A bucket list memory for sure.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Putting on fresh socks

I remember years back hearing that Beckham wears new boxers every day.

It was at this point it finally dawned on me what the phrase ‘how the other half live’ really means.

Imagine, if you even can, that brand new feeling everyday?

• Upvote 1

On 31/03/2022 at 21:10, Bruce Spanner said:

It was at this point it finally dawned on me what the phrase ‘how the other half live’ really means.

Doesn’t wear the same shirt twice I read

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Nah I don't need any, I just always try them on in boots and TK Max.

Hahahahaha same here. The sunglasses section in the TK Maxx on Edge Lane retail park is right next to the counter. I'm usually waiting for her to buy her scented candles so just stand there trying them all on.

"what do you reckon babe?"

"You look like Edna Everage now fuck off pretending you know me in-front of people" 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2022 at 21:10, Bruce Spanner said:

Unless he’s selling his worm pairs on OnlyFans he’s an utterly wasteful prick.

Half term with the family around all day has just proven to me how good an empty house is when you're working from home and start the morning with no tv, no kids and a cup of coffee sat with the French doors wide open to the garden on a warm day.

On 27/03/2022 at 20:22, Carvalho Diablo said:

I was on a Greyhound bus 28 years ago, travelling through the San Fernando Valley shortly after the sun had risen, and there were hundreds of them.

It was a wonderful sight, again, one I felt strangely privileged to experience in that moment.

A bucket list memory for sure.

I've seen them myself there, yes there's hundreds of them. 

• 2 months later...