You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

17 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Is this a subtle hint that I’m deluding myself if I think Amy Lewis will ever be mine?

I think if you hate liars, grasses, the police and almost everyone apart from her and her kids you have a shot. I'll give some MK bad boy lingo lessons

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I think if you hate liars, grasses, the police and almost everyone apart from her and her kids you have a shot. I'll give some MK bad boy lingo lessons

I forgot the most important thing to hate. Contraception

• Upvote 1

On 09/10/2021 at 12:40, YorkshireRed said:

Just caught sight of myself in a mirror. I didn’t look tired, ageing, past my best, stressed, overweight or with thinning hair.

I am all these things but, just for a fraction of a second, the mirror was my friend. 

Can you tell me where to buy one of those mirrors?

Finishing a job. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t part way through decorating my girls bedroom. It’s been going on for at least 14 years, and she’s only 9. But yesterday I finished, and today I bought her a new duvet cover set, and the bloody thing is done.

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Finishing a job. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t part way through decorating my girls bedroom. It’s been going on for at least 14 years, and she’s only 9. But yesterday I finished, and today I bought her a new duvet cover set, and the bloody thing is done.

LFC?

• Upvote 1

Choosing the right queue at the supermarket checkouts, then gliding through at a faster pace than someone who arrived at the same time.

It's a skill; you can't just look at length, you have to take into account items, type of shopper, likelihood of bag faff and coupon use. All scanned like Robocop in a split second.

• Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Choosing the right queue at the supermarket checkouts, then gliding through at a faster pace than someone who arrived at the same time.

It's a skill; you can't just look at length, you have to take into account items, type of shopper, likelihood of bag faff and coupon use. All scanned like Robocop in a split second.

I could nominate this skill in the ‘Things I’m Fucking Useless At’ thread. 

45 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I had this at the weekend, was in the Asda last week and myself and a woman were heading down the same aisle towards the checkouts and she cuts in front and pips me to the checkout in which there is already a guy with a small basket waiting to be served, I go to the next one along which is another guy halfway through loading his weekly shop on the belt.

This guy in front of me must have been ex-military the way he loaded his stuff  and had all his bags sorted and in place so they're were bagged up in no time and off he went. So I'm now getting sorted and I look to the left and the woman who cut me up was still waiting to load her stuff on the belt because the guy in front had something that wouldn't scan and the operator had to push that button to get a colleague to come over then go and search for another of the same item so they could scan it.

Almost wanted to moonwalk along the shiny smooth floor out of the store once I'd paid and the other lady was still stood waiting.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Spot on. If I'm with my missus I get frustrated that she doesn't follow my lead. I'm in and out like a shot while she loiters like a fucking moron. They've moved all the stuff round in the Norris Green Aldi though which threw me for about 12 seconds the other night 

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Almost wanted to moonwalk along the shiny smooth floor out of the store once I'd paid and the other lady was still stood waiting.

Hahahaha pissing myself at that vision. Her stood there fuming 

"Hahaha in a bit you dizzy bitch wheeeyyyyy"

vVQoYr.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

At the risk of being a sex traitor my one immutable rule is never go to a male cashier.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

At the risk of being a sex traitor my one immutable rule is never go to a male cashier.

The quickest cashier at my local Sainsbury’s (and the most helpful staff member overall, I might add) is a man. Granted, he’s very feminine for a man but he does have a penis. He’s also terrific in the sack. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

An absolute Ghost poo. 

No second wipe

no toilet clean

fucking winner

How can you not have a second wipe, even just to make sure? especially you Dan, I bet you've got arse hair like a yeti. You must have a festival of winnets going on down there, like fucking minions 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The quickest cashier at my local Sainsbury’s (and the most helpful staff member overall, I might add) is a man. Granted, he’s very feminine for a man but he does have a penis. He’s also terrific in the sack. 

Take it to the transgender thread!

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We have a guy in Tesco who looks like Roy Evans and makes glaciers look hyperactive.