Section_31

Small pleasures?

Going in to your betting account to top up a nil balance and finding that a random £2 bet you don't even remember placing on Kane and 4-0 has left you with £102 in there.

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I got applauded and cheered by a group of people in Southport this week for calling a traffic warden a wanker after he'd ticketed me. 

There's someone on a Southport forum as we speak posting 'ticketing people who've called you a wanker' on their small pleasures thread.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Buying fresh pineapple to add to the salad I’m making for tea and imagining the gasps of bewilderment from the ‘confused’ types on here. 

Jesus, if the nonce squad weren't currently occupied with an unnamed footballer I'd be emailing them the above.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Baresi said:

Filling a bucket to enable the kids to have a waterfight and get off their consoles.  How the summer holidays should be. 

I'm all for kids having fun but chucking piss over them is a bit harsh.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm all for kids having fun but chucking piss over them is a bit harsh.

You wanna try living in Tuebrook!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

At least you are not as angry as the last guy.

When you are born and bred Breck rd, you can’t be angry about living in Tuebrook!  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Removing limescale from the bathroom fittings with a extra strong chemical gell I bought on Amazon. Very satisfying, let me know if you need it doing as I've got loads left. 

Viakal.  Top stuff.  Though slippery as fuck.  I did the Scooby doo run for about 5 minutes when I got in the shower without rinsing the dreaded V out properly

16 hours ago, Mudface said:

Whisky for the low calories, hopefully.

All alcohol is high calories. 1.5 oz measure (3 tablespoons) which is a miserly amount) is over 100 calories. Single malts are higher.

It is very a low Glycemic index drink though.

Bad for fatties, ok for diabetics

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Yeah but spirits are lower than beer. 50ml of Whisky is around 110 calories whereas a pint is double that.

Just means beer is worse. Beer also has a higher GI, Guinness even more so. Fosters is OK though. its just pure horse piss.

35 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Just means beer is worse. Beer also has a higher GI, Guinness even more so. Fosters is OK though. its just pure horse piss.

No shit. The point being that you get a lot more out of 50ml of Whisky than the half a pint equivalent, at least in my view. 

Fosters is never OK.