You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Finally getting tax code issues sorted since tuppee at work and being told you'll get a cheque for just over £200. 

Not huge money but a nice little extra non the less

Good for you!  It might not be a great amount but it's better off in your account than in theirs.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2021 at 20:26, Harry's Lad said:

Aldi's Jelly Babies. Fucking lovely, especially the green ones.

I'm the world's worst diabetic.

My small pleasure was short lived. 

Only a few days after declaring my love for Aldi's green Jelly Babies I've had to give them up.

I had my bloods taken and got a phone call two days later, apparently my blood glucose levels are very high and a cause for concern, so now it's a strict anti sugar, low carb regime.

Mrs HL, or Hitler in knickers as she is now known, is seeing to that.

Even knocked the ale on the head but thankfully bourbon, (not the biscuits which is a bastard) is allowed.

My Daughter got me a bottle of Jim Beam Devils Cut for my birthday, it's very, very nice. So nice in fact it lasted barely a week. I finished it off watching the unmentionable last night.

Oh yeah. My new small pleasure!.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

My small pleasure was short lived. 

Only a few days after declaring my love for Aldi's green Jelly Babies I've had to give them up.

I had my bloods taken and got a phone call two days later, apparently my blood glucose levels are very high and a cause for concern, so now it's a strict anti sugar, low carb regime.

Mrs HL, or Hitler in knickers as she is now known, is seeing to that.

Even knocked the ale on the head but thankfully bourbon, (not the biscuits which is a bastard) is allowed.

My Daughter got me a bottle of Jim Beam Devils Cut for my birthday, it's very, very nice. So nice in fact it lasted barely a week. I finished it off watching the unmentionable last night.

Oh yeah. My new small pleasure!.

Can you have wafer thin ham?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Elite said:

Grim that mate, at least you can have some whisky.

I was diabetic already but it was well controlled. This last 12 months though have been my downfall.

Stuck in the house, eating and drinking shite through boredom mainly. It's my own fault.

By being strict with myself I've managed to halve it and by getting some weight off,  I should bring it down further to well controlled levels again.

It's bloody hard like seeing as exercise is out of the question, but I'll get there.

Maintaining it is the really hard part.

• 3 weeks later...

Some bird I was mad on in school but wouldn't give me (or anyone else in hindsight) the time of day is on Facebook and not only appears unmarried, but seemingly has zero in the way of any romantic history at all.

She was (and is) a proper god squadder so I'm wondering if she was always into women all among but can't go there as she'd go to hell or whatever. I was gutted at the time but I'm sorry I feel vindicated. 

Real waste of some weapons grade poon though, like a car whose tyers are slowly going down but nobody has ever taken it to sainsburys after hours to do donuts. For shame.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Some bird I was mad on in school but wouldn't give me (or anyone else in hindsight) the time of day is on Facebook and not only appears unmarried, but seemingly has zero in the way of any romantic history at all.

She was (and is) a proper god squadder so I'm wondering if she was always into women all among but can't go there as she'd go to hell or whatever. I was gutted at the time but I'm sorry I feel vindicated. 

Real waste of some weapons grade poon though, like a car whose tyers are slowly going down but nobody has ever taken it to sainsburys after hours to do donuts. For shame.

Got a link?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I mean fucking hell mate come on get a pic of this altar snatch up on the mf right away 

It was Turdsette’s birthday today. I took her and two of her mates bowling, then the arcades, fairground rides outside and then an all-you-can-eat world buffet. It was boss, kids were ace and funny all day and although it went down to the wire I just about managed to beat three 8 year old girls at ten pin bowling. I was and am totally made up that she had such a good day. Didn’t get the other girls home until after 9pm. 

On the way home I chucked my phone into the back of the car and said they can control the Spotify. The first kid picked that Dutch fella who won Eurovision, the second kid picked some sea-shanty type shite and then it was Turdsette’s turn and without hesitation she typed in Parklife and blasted it on. 

It’s impossible for me to love her any more than I do. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Out for dinner last night and, just as we're paying the bill, the manager comes over and tells us he has an overflow of Cider then asks if we would mind helping him out and taking some cans home.

Notice how restaurants always bust out the gifts when it's time to leave a tip? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...