You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

11 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I had that exact experience this morning. Just me and Buddy dog on a woodland walk. The only person we encountered was a very attractive young lady in sports bra and leggings.

We passed the time of day. I was very cool and moderately charming, safe in the knowledge I had zero chance. 

Dunno why Tyler Durden popped into my head when I was reading this. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I had that exact experience this morning. Just me and Buddy dog on a woodland walk. The only person we encountered was a very attractive young lady in sports bra and leggings.

We passed the time of day. I was very cool and moderately charming, safe in the knowledge I had zero chance. 

Honestly, that'll do me these days. A smile, a surreptitious leer, and we bid each other good day. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Honestly, that'll do me these days. A smile, a surreptitious leer, and we bid each other good day. 

You left out the part where you surfed muckypiratehookers.com for 2 hours and climaxed over some gimp suit wearing foot fetishest eating a burrito. 

Or something 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2021 at 08:22, Section_31 said:

Ignoring linkedin because you've got a proper job again.

"Hi, I'd like to connect so we can see how we might work together to rationalise our outputs and standardise our ballyhoo by touching base going forwards."

"No, how bout you fuck off instead." 

Anyway who posts on LinkedIn while being in full time employment is basically depressed with serious self esteem and relationship issues.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Missus fucks off on holiday today till Monday. House to myself, lots of sport on. 

Although she is going to stay in a multi million quid apartment in Port De Soller in her best mates parents holiday place so I don't know whose drawn what straw here. 

You have a roof, a television with sport on and the place to yourself. Everything else is just noise. Enjoy. 

• Upvote 1

On 17/09/2021 at 08:22, Section_31 said:

Ignoring linkedin because you've got a proper job again.

"Hi, I'd like to connect so we can see how we might work together to rationalise our outputs and standardise our ballyhoo by touching base going forwards."

"No, how bout you fuck off instead." 

I got a message from a woman yesterday in which next to her name she had in brackets her pronouns she/her.

God awful stuff.

We were always raised that crumpets should be reduced to cinder and then rehydrated with butter (marg ‘cause we were poor).

No idea why and I don’t want to hate on my grandmother, but why?

Why the fuck did we burn them for years???

Anyhows I now cook crumpets properly and occasionally, very occasionally, I’ll eat  pikelets and feel no shame as I’m comfortable in me own skin.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Repped, though I was tempted to neg the atrocious plate.

A man of standards. While you’re there you could have negged him for trainees on in the house.

Peasantry that, it’s nearly slipper season.

Talking of which, a good pair of sheepskin slippers are the business. I’m off to hunt mine out. October tomorrow 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

A man of standards. While you’re there you could have negged him for trainees on in the house.

Talking of which, a good pair of sheepskin slippers are the business. I’m off to hunt mine out. October tomorrow 

Nothing wrong with trainers in the house, I have never owned a pair of slippers in adult life or those flip flops/slider atrocities.

15 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

How have you been living through this pandemic. I’ve worn slippers every day since the first lockdown. Gone through 3 pairs in all. They’re not a seasonal bit of gear.

maybe on those most sweltering of summer days they were left aside, but we only had 3 weeks of that and I was luckily on holiday for 2 of them.

but overall you get repped for picking up on trainers on in the house, and for slipper love. Though I personally don’t want any sheepskin .

• Upvote 1

More of a big pleasure but a pleasure nonetheless.

We've had an horrendous experience with what turned out to be cowboy builders with all sorts of shit work that needs putting right. Whilst arguing, threatening and negotiating with the cunts we decided we would carry on and try and get some pointing and rendering done, at least move the project on a bit.

Tradesmen are all busy as we all know, but we managed to get someone who said they could perhaps fit it in around other jobs. As soon as he turned up I knew he was a cockney and he was all "stand on me, I can do thaat, it'll look lavley, trust me, fackin A1 it'll be" He marched up and down looking at the building  "who fackin done that then? Fackin stringing up they need, dont worry I'll do it lavley".

Fuck me but they have. On time, on budget and looks lavley too.

• Upvote 1