You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

17 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I like it on butter crumpets with cheese melted on top. Divine. 

Had a short hospital stay recently, and, say what you like about NHS food, but they made me storming hot buttered crumpets with cheese and marmite each night.

• Upvote 2

Got home from work about an hour ago. I put BBC news on whilst finishing last night's curry (living the fucking dream here). After I finished my tepid biryani I accidentally sat on my remote and this genuinely happened upon my tellybox. I'm not arsed about knocking one oot but it was an unexpected pleasure to encounter tits and arses on the telly:

Edit: I've been watching this for a few minutes now and I'm now actually tempted to knock one oot.

20190422_044246.jpg

I’ve only read the last couple of pages but am amused nearly every post is about food!

This weekend the pink blossom on the tree outside my window has come out and seeing it every morning with the blue skies we’ve been having recently is lovely.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, suzy said:

I’ve only read the last couple of pages but am amused nearly every post is about food!

This weekend the pink blossom on the tree outside my window has come out and seeing it every morning with the blue skies we’ve been having recently is lovely.

I was gonna make a ‘This place is turning into Mumsnet’ quip until I realised which post was directly above yours. 

• 1 month later...

There's no way to write this without it sounding like virtue signalling wank, but I got an e-mail this morning telling me how much the bits and bobs I sent into my local children's hospice charity shop have raised. Makes you feel both a sickening consumerist bellend, for accumulating all this tat that you'll never need when there are people out there struggling, but then pleased that it's ended up doing some small amount of good. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Using a leaf blower. I'd never used one before, but I was helping a friend with some gardening jobs yesterday and I got to play with one. It was like the world immediately went from black and white to technicolour; I was Neo, and I could see through the leaf Matrix.

Can't believe I've been a broom-wielding chump for so long.

• Upvote 1

On 04/06/2019 at 12:28, Babb'sBurstNad said:

There's no way to write this without it sounding like virtue signalling wank, but I got an e-mail this morning telling me how much the bits and bobs I sent into my local children's hospice charity shop have raised. Makes you feel both a sickening consumerist bellend, for accumulating all this tat that you'll never need when there are people out there struggling, but then pleased that it's ended up doing some small amount of good. 

Helping sick children. What a wank.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just took a brisk walk to a local electronic shop as I needed a coaxial adaptor. Sun shining, 23C already and the young ladies showing off their latest summer collection, my oh my. 

Back down to Earth on my return home though, our dog had puked on the fucking carpet. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just took a brisk walk to a local electronic shop as I needed a coaxial adaptor. Sun shining, 23C already and the young ladies showing off their latest summer collection, my oh my. 

Back down to Earth on my return home though, our dog had puked on the fucking carpet. 

Whorenithology is a pleasant summer hobby.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
19 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Whorenithology is a pleasant summer hobby.

They may as well just walk about in underwear, the latest fashions seem to be heading in that direction as in how to wear as little as possible. Fucking love it. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Walking back from physio training this right fat bastard with the biggest beer gut I've seen in a while walked past me. He had a T-shirt on with 'All pain, All Gain.' Made me chuckle. 

• 5 weeks later...

Finding something you thought you'd lost / didn't know you had.

A tiny bike part that's no longer made was needed, so I start Googling and researching, I'm getting digital calipers out to see if something else will fit. Then, at my wits end, I go and rifle through a cupboard in the shed, and there, at the bottom of a box at the very back I see a small bag, containing the elusive article. 

I know it was there all along, but I have no memory of ever seeing it, so it feels like it just appeared. Had a big grin on my face for the rest of the day from sheer relief.

Spent the morning watching Herbie our Jack Russell/Shih tzu cross (jackshit) doing agility. Hes fucking brilliant leaping over fences, through tunnels and weaving. Had his first attempt at a see saw today, did really well. It was like watching my lad playing his first football match.

Guest Pistonbroke

Took the youngest lad for a game of Mini Golf earlier and he got a hole in one on his nemesis hole, made his day, and mine.