You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

• 2 weeks later...

I always like bumping into mad old people.

Was in the supermarket earlier and as my items were going down the checkout this old dear steps in front of me, making sure her place in line is secure. I ask her if I can get past and she turns around slowly, stares me down and just says "no". I must have looked a proper flustered twat, she couldn't keep a straight face as she then let me go past.

I look forward to getting old and being able to torment people with impunity.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vonblonberg said:

Even better if it was one of those that came from the milkman in a glass pint bottle.

A wonderful thing to spot on someone’s doorstep when you’re off your box on the walk home after a club...

I had a milk round for about 6 months when I was a kid. used to get loads of free milk and juice. Going out 'milking' as a kid was a thing. We would wake up at 6am and go looking for the holy grail which was always a bottle of orange juice. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, defo. I wouldn’t have touched real porridge as a kid, though. No E numbers!

Fuck E numbers, if you want a smart breakfast:

150g of frozen berries (blue,straw,rasp,black)

130ml semi skimmed milk

1 minute in the Nutri bullet

add 110g rolled oats

stir well and stick in fridge overnight.

demolsih next day (allow to stand for an hour out the fridge)

it’s amfuckingbrosia

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Cold porridge probably makes sense in Australia, not so much here

It’s the back end of a cold winter here in Melbourne, the wife had to scrape the windscreen on the car one morning.

Still have cold porridge though, to be fair it would probably be pretty good heated up. But I’m not a pussy.

• 4 weeks later...