You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

We ordered everything online and got it delivered on Saturday. Everything except the fresh fruit and veg which means I'm gonna venture down to Sainsburys later today.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Don't know if its feasible for you but if possible take advantage of 24 x 7 shopping and go at 3am when it will be dead. That's my plan anyway

Don't know if its feasible for you but if possible take advantage of 24 x 7 shopping and go at 3am when it will be dead. That's my plan anyway

As long as you're not committed to get certain things. I triedthat once, it was dead quiet but half the things I'd gone for weren't on the shelves and I had to go elsewhere the next day lokking for what I was missing

Guest Pistonbroke

Jim Beam time, which is going to last until New Years day, mixed in with Cider, beer, Vodka and whatever else takes my fancy...Christmas time is for binge drinking. 

People are onto it. I've always done the Christmas shopping through the night but I was in The Asda few nights back at 2am and it was like a normal Friday night.

Kevin and I sat and watched a bee being devoured by a mob of ants the other day. Fascinating times.  Yesterday my mate Paul and I watched a large butterfly flying around the garden. It's been lurking for a few days now. I hope the spiders don't get it

The smallest things amuse me now...a slice of toast with marmalade gets me orgasmic. And why not?... The hospice is well supplied with both tissues and nurses to accommodate me..

• Upvote 6

When your bus driver hurtles through an amber light that he should clearly have stopped at.

Doesn't happen much mind.

When passengers bitch about going through a yellow light when the alternative was slamming on the brakes and rattling their skulls off the poles and bowling old Mrs Johnson down the aisle, breaking her other hip.

Ignorant cunts the lot of 'em.

Every part of planning a flat/house move which will result in me escaping my new neighbours, who are cunts with no consideration that their nightclub sized speakers kicking out drum and bass all night is going to irritate people in a block of flats without much sound insulation.

I really do feel your pain.  Was forced to call my neighbour an idiotic cunt at top volume a week or two before Christmas for this shit in the early hours of a Thursday, only a couple of nights after I'd asked politely when I had something to do the next morning with a lot riding on it, and they just continued regardless.  Thankfully they stopped immediately upon said abuse and I haven't heard him since, but it will no doubt spark up again.  We too are looking to move, before I strangle somebody.  Everytime someone new moves into the block I hope they're stiffs (or burnt-out, like myself).

• Upvote 1

I really do feel your pain.  Was forced to call my neighbour an idiotic cunt at top volume a week or two before Christmas for this shit in the early hours of a Thursday, only a couple of nights after I'd asked politely when I had something to do the next morning with a lot riding on it, and they just continued regardless.  Thankfully they stopped immediately upon said abuse and I haven't heard him since, but it will no doubt spark up again.  We too are looking to move, before I strangle somebody.  Everytime someone new moves into the block I hope they're stiffs.

I've been in my current place about 8 years and the sound insulation is pathetic really but aside from the odd instance, people were quite respectful not to piss everyone off too much. I tolerate the odd exception to that too, we're all twats from time to time.

We've had about 7 or 8 different neighbours on the side where the cunts are and I always used to hope for really quiet looking studious types or some old Doris but fucking hell last month in moves Mr. P. Animal, unlimited leisure time, massive sound system, and cunt to boot - balls!

He starts his cunting tunes going at about 1am, acts all nice if you ask him to turn it down, then whacks it back up again. I'm quite close to murdering him but am also looking at less violent options like the council. The police aren't able to do anything. In the meantime I'm running on fumes and with more hatred in me than Anakin Skywalker just before he dons that big black helmet.

I'm in the process of moving but I know it will take a few weeks to find a new place so I'm sleeping in industrial ear defenders until then, watching the calendar and developing tourettes. Why can't people just not be cunts.

• Upvote 1