You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team for Arsenal

El Rojo

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"2nd January 2007, 01:27 PM

Raddy

Forumite Join Date: Oct 2006

Re: Saturday - Arsenal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'd rest dirk, bellers, reina, finnan, gerrard and carra.

dudek

peltier* hyppia agger riise

pennant alonso aurelio gonzalez

crouch roberto

*unless neill comes in."

Changed your tune a bit haven't you Raddy? ;)

I would want to see us start with Crouch and Kuyt up front, with Bellamy behind those two.

Also good to see according to the offal that Van Persie and Fabregas are banned for this game

Forgot about that! We really should be looking at taking them with those suspensions in mind.

Van Persie is looking like the real deal right now, I'm glad it's him out rather than Hleb and Rosicky, who make Vlad look like Steve McMahon.

I'll go with the first suggestion, but with Crouch to start in stead of Bellamy, on the grounds of further resting Bellamy's hamstring, a good game (headers aside) by Crouchy last game, and the opportunity for everyone to have a second chance on Tuesday night.

And on Tuesday, I'd like to see Peltier start and Anderson, Guthrie and Lindfield all in the squad.

Bellamy's declared himself fit, so I'll guess he'll start:

BELLAMY BACK TO FACE GUNNERS

Paul Eaton 05 January 2007

Craig Bellamy has been declared fit to return to the Liverpool side to face Arsenal at Anfield tomorrow.

The Welsh striker missed Monday's victory over Bolton with a minor hamstring problem, but he's back in full training now and is available for selection against the Gunners.

"It's good to have Craig back because he has been playing well and he gives us a different option in attack," said manager Rafael Benitez.

"We don't have any new injury problems ahead of the game. The good news is that Bolo Zenden and Momo Sissoko are both doing well in their rehab work and have joined in training. Bolo is probably one or two weeks away and Momo a bit longer. It'll be nice to have them back again."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N154603070105-1422.htm

...................Reina....................

Finnan....Carra........Agger......Riise

Pennant..Gerrard...Alonso..Gonzalez

.........Kuyt...........Crouch............

Bellamy's hamstrings means he's on the bench for me, even though he's declared fit I still think would should protect them.

...................Reina....................

Finnan....Carra........Agger......Riise

Pennant..Gerrard...Alonso..Gonzalez

.........Kuyt...........Crouch............

Bellamy's hamstrings means he's on the bench for me, even though he's declared fit I still think would should protect them.

Yep i forgot about Bellamy's hamstrings and it would be good idea not to take any risks even though if Bellamy was 100% id play him.

As said in a previous reply I dont think Gonzalez would get much change out of Eboue whereas Garcia's trickery could cause them a few problems

I think Gonzalez ia a better choice for the shape he'll give us. Much better to stretch them across the middle than have Garcia floating about between the lines.

I don't think that's as important in a game like this. Arsenal won't necessarily sit back and look to be ultra compact because that would stifle their game going forward.

They will be more open than say Bolton, so i'd give Garcia licence to roam and find the gaps.

I don't think that's as important in a game like this. Arsenal won't necessarily sit back and look to be ultra compact because that would stifle their game going forward.

They will be more open than say Bolton, so i'd give Garcia licence to roam and find the gaps.

I know that they're unlikely to sit back but I still think having a decent wide shape will help us. Who will be in the middle with Gilberto? Diaby? Whoever it is the less central their wider players can get the more I think Xabi nad Gerrard will boss the centre. Gonzalez is also more likely to pin Eboue back in his own half and stop his attacking threat.