You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Climate change - how arsed are you?

Paul

How arsed are you about climate change?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. How arsed are you about climate change?

• Very. I do everything I possibly can to be greener.
    • Arsed. I do what I have to and a bit more, as long as it doesn't hurt my pocket.
    • Think it's an issue and I do what I have to, but I'm not sweating it.
    • Climate change, schmimate change. Big conspiracy to tax us more and sell us shit we don't need.

45 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They’ve been doing high profile events around London. Nobody’s listening. The kids have been doing their high profile protests for nearly a year. Nobody’s listening. I don’t really see any harm in trying to shake people out of their morning zombie commute. Unfortunately the commuters on the tube would happily trample their grandmothers to death to get to that last seat, so their animal behaviour doesn’t surprise me. Fuck London commuters - almost universal cunts to a man/woman.

Having to take public transport is already one of the most depressing daily activities people have to deal with and now you have to deal with jumped-up morons who think they're making a difference when, by the way, using public transport is decent for the environment.

It would make more sense if they made a human blockade on a busy highway to inconvenience the single people driving in cars instead.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Defo said by a guy who drives a car to work. Having to take public transport is already one of the most depressing daily activities people have to deal with and now you have to deal with jumped-up morons who think they're making a difference when, by the way, using public transport is decent for the environment.

It would make more sense if they made a human blockade on a busy highway to inconvenience the single people driving in cars instead.

Yes, I’ve never used public transport in my life. Or job. Never. Ever. 

Idiot. It’s not about the public transport. It’s about trying to get people’s attention.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yes, I’ve never used public transport in my life. Or job. Never. Ever. 

Idiot. It’s not about the public transport. It’s about trying to get people’s attention.

I removed that part.

Yeah, I'm sure the people that are doing the environmentally conscious thing by taking public transport are the ones that need to pay attention. It's a dick move and it's tone deaf by these protestors.

I apologise for the word idiot. Frustration and it was uncalled for and uncivil of me.

However, if you think all of the people on the London tube are using it because they are environmental conscious then I’m afraid you’re going to be severely disappointed. 

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I apologise for the word idiot. Frustration and it was uncalled for and uncivil of me.

However, if you think all of the people on the London tube are using it because they are environmental conscious then I’m afraid you’re going to be severely disappointed. 

It might not be the primary intent, but the bottom line is that people are helping the situation taking the train, not hurting. Just find somewhere else to protest.

For anyone looking to save the planet with an electric car Octopus Energy are partnering with Nissan in a deal to lease a Leaf for £299 a month.  

On the guy on the tube being disavowed by XR didn’t they say they didn’t have a hierarchy and that people were free to protest how they wanted? I’m sure they said that was their big difference to other groups.  

12 hours ago, Red Shift said:

“The electric car is in reality, a coal powered car”

That doesn’t take into account the fact an electric car has fewer moving parts, has a smaller supply chain, doesn’t require servicing as much and therefore can easily do 200k miles with a new battery. Also in the UK it’s entirely possible to power it on solar panels or using a green energy company. No cow at all. 

12 hours ago, Red Shift said:

“The electric car is in reality, a coal powered car”

That doesn’t take into account the fact an electric car has fewer moving parts, has a smaller supply chain, doesn’t require servicing as much and therefore can easily do 200k miles with a new battery. Also in the UK it’s entirely possible to power it on solar panels or using a green energy company. No coal at all. 

Like how they’ve handed fuel to every Piers Morgan or Hartley-Brewer style blowhard cunt desperate to characterise them as snotty-nosed entitled kids, while simultaneously upping the likelihood of normally peaceful protesting being subjected to ever more authoritarian responses.

Utterly brainless on many levels, and no doubt depressing for so many people involved in the movement.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

That doesn’t take into account the fact an electric car has fewer moving parts, has a smaller supply chain, doesn’t require servicing as much and therefore can easily do 200k miles with a new battery. Also in the UK it’s entirely possible to power it on solar panels or using a green energy company. No coal at all. 

Well, the more efficient move forward would be to only buy electric cars produced by renewables. Unfortunately the reality is, nobody does that yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...