You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rocky IV...

Chris

Drago would possibly be banned for life for drug cheating..

He beat Creed by taking an exhibition bout very seriously indeed.

I think Lang could hurt him early and would probably enrage him by crackng on to Bridgette Nielson in the press conference 

In theory it sounds great but in practice i doubt id be able to do it.

I'd probably shuffle about at the bottom nervously, making sure no one was watching, before tentatively starting a jog. The embarrassment would quickly dissipate, before i start to put my foot down and leg it up, arms aloft screaming bill conti. Then the lungs would start to burn and the realisation hit, that im completely out of shape and still have over half way to go. The speed would drop before i start to stumble and the nervous embarrassment would return just in time to reach the top, where the locals hold me up to stop me from collapsing and tell me that Micky love me.

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...
On 28/12/2017 at 14:09, Mook said:

I wouldn't have thought that was cheesy, surely everyone who has ever enjoyed the first couple of Rocky films has always wanted to do that & from what I've heard loads of tourists do it there every day.

I've never done it myself but it would definitely be one of the things I would do if I ever make it to Philadelphia.

My wife, who will never not be in credit for this, arranged our wedding anniversay around this a few years back as we happened to be in Philadelphia, which is a really cool city BTW.

She planned the whole day around seeing all of the Rocky stuff without me knowing, before going to the best, not the tourist ones, Philly Cheesteak place, she actually signed up to a locals discussion borad to research everything.

The above is her idea of hell, but she put it together for me, it'll never be topped and yes, I did run up the stairs and jump around, as were a few others.

• Upvote 7

In Creed Apollo's widow still blames Rocky for not stopping the fight and Duke screams at Rocky to throw the towel into the ring. Rocky hesitates then Apollo gets dealt a killer punch.

The next scene Rocky is giving a speech about his best mate dying before burying him while Apollo's wife sits there. Obviously didn't blame him badly enough to let him turn up and speak at the funeral. 

Then Duke agrees to train Rocky and gives him a motivational speech in Russia about keeping Apollo's memory alive. Completely forgetting that Rocky hesitation causes Apollo's death. Not that throwing a towel in would have made much difference seeing as Drago launched the ref to the other side of the ring when he tried to stop him smashing Apollo's head in.

As said above, Rocky's son is about 9 watching the fight on TV then when he comes back from Russia he is 13. 

16 hours ago, Juniper said:

Just seen there’s a directors cut of this film coming out.

Apparently 40minutes longer 

https://deadline.com/2021/09/sylvester-stallones-rocky-iv-rocky-vs-drago-ultimate-directors-cut-hitting-theaters-digital-1234847353/

Hopefully more montages.

E1847D65-1065-4E30-85A3-8B0E2A88D7B9.jpeg

We might finally get the original ending, rather than the one that has been knocking about on DVD for the past twenty-odd years.

• Upvote 3

On 25/12/2017 at 11:09, John101 said:

Me and my fiance argue over this film. What's the most iconic line it it? I go with if he does he dies. She reckons it's I must break you. She does have her redeeming qualities.

That’s a close call that to be fair, but I think you just edge it by a whisker

10 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

My wife, who will never not be in credit for this, arranged our wedding anniversay around this a few years back as we happened to be in Philadelphia, which is a really cool city BTW.

She planned the whole day around seeing all of the Rocky stuff without me knowing, before going to the best, not the tourist ones, Philly Cheesteak place, she actually signed up to a locals discussion borad to research everything.

The above is her idea of hell, but she put it together for me, it'll never be topped and yes, I did run up the stairs and jump around, as were a few others.

I dug out the photo…

They have the statue at the bottom of the steps, surprising quiet when I was there.

The steps are in the background.

As part of my wife’s fiendish plan we went in the museum a way you avoid the stair and statue.

So I walk around the museum, which is great, and walk out and see the panoramic that you see in the film.

She says ‘Recognise this? Happy anniversary’

Genuinely brilliant planning and thought. 

10F89742-A567-4247-8014-151366B3858A.jpeg

AE9B09ED-9DCF-4DAF-8C2F-56391A801DF7.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 28/12/2017 at 05:31, Dave D said:

Drago would possibly be banned for life for drug cheating..

He beat Creed by taking an exhibition bout very seriously indeed.

I think Lang could hurt him early and would probably enrage him by crackng on to Bridgette Nielson in the press conference 

Hey woman... 

Hey woman... 

Absolutely ruled that.

• Upvote 1

I went 21 years ago. The entire city was covered in snow as it was about 2 days before New Year's Eve. 

Got there and went straight to the tourist office asking for directions as there were no Google maps then. The guy who spoke to us was clearly pissed off with us as all we were interested in was seeing the steps and the statue. As we had no interest in the historical aspect of the city he said "who wants to take a metro ride just to see a fucking statue?". 

The statue had been moved from the art museum to the Philadelphia Spectrum. We did the run up the steps then got on the metro and ended up at the Philadelphia spectrum. The place was about to be demolished and I think the snobby museum owners finally agreed to have the statue moved back to the museum but at the bottom of the steps once the stadium was knocked down due to public demand.

On the way back from the spectrum we got lost but ended up in a bar to get some drinks and something to eat. The bar was randomly at the top of the road where Rocky lives in Rocky 2 (jumping over the steps to start his epic run) so managed to do 3 Rocky things in one day. 

Got back to the city centre and found out all the buses had been cancelled due to heavy snow. Both of us were panicking as we thought we would be stuck in Philadelphia but then got told to go over the road and get the train. If it was over here all the trains would have been cancelled well before the buses. 

• Upvote 2

On 22/05/2020 at 23:07, Tony Moanero said:

Is it fuck a theory. Back in the eighties, my mate acquired a pirate copy of Rocky IV. Unfortunately, the quality was piss-poor and it was missing the last few minutes. I was absolutely gutted and desperate to know what happened.

I needn’t have worried, for the following weekend, my mate went to stay with his Dad who had a perfect copy. This allowed my mate to relay the ending to me, which, of course, is -  Rocky twats Drago and knocks his head off, exposing Drago as a robot and lashes it into the crowd.

FACTS!

45 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I dug out the photo…

They have the statue at the bottom of the steps, surprising quiet when I was there.

The steps are in the background.

As part of my wife’s fiendish plan we went in the museum a way you avoid the stair and statue.

So I walk around the museum, which is great, and walk out and see the panoramic that you see in the film.

She says ‘Recognise this? Happy anniversary’

Genuinely brilliant planning and thought. 

10F89742-A567-4247-8014-151366B3858A.jpeg

AE9B09ED-9DCF-4DAF-8C2F-56391A801DF7.jpeg

Mate thats superb, fair play to her. usually its men that do that but she's gone to town there, simply awesome. If you break up with her can you send me her number? 

Oh and thats some hat by the way 

EDIT: Nice coat as well, if you zoom in you look like Code. Same forehead. Anyway, the number, pm.. yep yeah cheers. Give her my love. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mook said:

I'll let Tony furnish you with the details...

I think he already has, although I have to admit it sounds pretty outrageous. 

19 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I was there in 2018 with work. Did the open top tour and so had to do the steps. Few photos below. 

7A51571B-5761-484D-8741-CD9710060547.jpeg

2D4C785D-CFFA-4C4B-9E93-4E9B5A09DC86.jpeg

5094A8E2-5175-48B8-9A8E-0524D1AF94FE.jpeg

EE6EF76E-1FE2-4850-970C-47DD8C6F995A.jpeg

Johnny I always assumed you looked just like your avatar. I'm really upset here. Never meet your heroes they say.