You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drogba

Hermes

What a player he's turned out to be. Must be top of the list for player of the season so far.

Now looking a snip at £24m.

Don`t know whether it`s possible to be a snip at £24m but as much as we all hate him, you`re right he is a cracking striker and the back to back champs don`t look half the team without him. Until we have a striker who is as indispensable to us, we will always struggle to be top dogs again.

Chelsea have found a way to utilise his abilities i.e by playing another striker alongside him. Even though Chelsea aren't looking anywhere near the side of the past 2 years. I still think Drogba's going through a golden patch & playing above his normal ability.

When Sheva and Ballack find their form (which they will in early 2007) they will be some team.

When Sheva and Ballack find their form (which they will in early 2007) they will be some team.

I'm not sure they will. The diamond formation they are playing seems to suit certain players and not others. Chelsea as a team have always looked better playing their natural/origninal 4-3-3/4-5-1 with two out & out wide players.

Ballack maybe but I reckon Shevchenko is a bust. Wrong side during the Orange Revolution and wrong choice in team to go to.

When he scores a few and regains his confidence he'll be tearing teams apart. At his best he's unstoppable, all he needs is a few lucky breaks to regain his form and confidence.

Drogba, like Essien, started to show signs of being world class during the world cup. I thought they were both brilliant, as much as I hate the pair of them. Drogba is a definite candidate for player of the year based on his form so far this season.

Drogba, like Essien, started to show signs of being world class during the world cup. I thought they were both brilliant, as much as I hate the pair of them. Drogba is a definite candidate for player of the year based on his form so far this season.

Essien was given a different role in the World Cup and flourished- it's definately improved him as a player as this year he's been very good.

Still a cunt for what he did to Hamann.

Has he been the same since the Pope's Mate sussed him?

Yeah, he had a good season last year (19 in 28 in the league).

However, he does have form for the odd shit season: 02/03 for Milan he only got 5 goals in 24 league matches, and 96/97 he got 6 in 20 for Kiev. Fingers crossed this is another bad 'un.

It depends how long he stays. If he's still here next season I reckon he'll come good, although age is hardly on his side. If he cuts and runs then, obviously, we'll never know..

Exactly. Mourinho needs to persevere, but he has the cash to afford not to indulge him.

Go get him Rafa.

Shevchenko is too slow for the premiership,i said it after about 10 minutes of the charity shield.Granted he scored but once you get onto that cut in from the flank and bend it effort which he has trademarked he's pretty much fucked.

Class player but I dont think he will do the business in the premiership.you can quote me on that if and when he does like.