Quantcast
Do you like Christmas? - Page 13 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Guest TK-421

Do you like Christmas?

Do you like Christmas  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Christmas

• Yes - peace and goodwill to all men, women, children and squid
    • No - fuck the whole thing off

What do people normally do on Boxing day?Almost exclusively worked it for the past 10 years and my friends and family never really bothered with it before then. I'll watch the f**tball obviously... 

Same as Christmas Day - eat, drink, play board games, etc. With regard to f***y, I used to go home and away but never on Boxing Day. I’d much rather spend time with my family. I’d check Ceefax for scores and results but that’s about it. My Dad still goes on Boxing Day if we’re playing at home. Used to annoy my Mum but she came to accept it many, many years ago.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

What do people normally do on Boxing day?Almost exclusively worked it for the past 10 years and my friends and family never really bothered with it before then. I'll watch the f**tball obviously... 

We pretty much do our own thing during the day, a bit of exercise, footy and films, maybe, followed by arguably the best meal of the holiday, turkey and leftovers casserole and my dad’s sherry trifle.

Fingers crossed for you finding work again soon

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

I go to the pub and drink myself into oblivion, it's great.

Boxing Day was always a morning tidy up after the Christmas Day stuff. Then cold meat, mash, and peas for lunch. These days I just watch the game on TV and have a few beers. Boxing Day is when I miss being a match goer the most. 

15 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah likewise. I like not working, eating loads, and it being socially acceptable to drink at any hour of the day.

The commercial stuff I do find tedious at best. Spent 2 euros on my missus this year.

You little Rockerfeller you.

Had a breakfast and a pint to prepare myself for the shops. 

Need to get my niece a present, a haircut and some alcohol for tomorrow evening. 

Then I’m heading home and not going out again. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Had a breakfast and a pint to prepare myself for the shops. 

Need to get my niece a present, a haircut and some alcohol for tomorrow evening. 

Then I’m heading home and not going out again. 

Bit weird to get her a haircut for Christmas. Still, I hope she likes the booze.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I love Christmas. Just not having the corporate version of “event” adverts, Christmas jumpers and lights and decorations up in November. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

“Ah, a key ring. Just what I’ve always wanted!”

What, again?

She got one for her birthday, I hope she isn't expecting another one.

So we're all set for tomorrow, fucking the family off(messin) and spending the day serving and talking and hopefully, having a laugh of sorts, with the homeless and those living on the poverty line. 

As a request(all good spirited) I was asked to make the trifle, they had everything else other than a trifle, so I made one, a proper one - bar the custard, which sadly is from powder, the rest, is mine, bar growing it.  Did some homemade fudge as well.

No beans, so can't be all bad for you non-beanist bastards.

Merry Christmas you festive fuckers

IMG_1450.JPG

• Upvote 10

Fucking love Christmas, especially as the boys are still young enough to enjoy it (despite both of them now knowing who brings their presents). The turkey is defrosting, there's a bottle of champagne chilling for the smoked salmon breakfast and I've bought a nice port to go with the cheeses after dinner. I've got the mother in law staying, which is great because we get on really well and she's great with the boys.  Planning to do fuck all but drink, watch the footy, play with the kids and nap in my Christmas jumper. Cheers everyone!

• Upvote 2

Had work today and working Thursday and Friday. First time I've worked over christmas since I was in the Navy. On a plus note i'm meeting my Dad for a christmas pint tomorrow then having christmas dinner at my maa's, first time i'll have spent xmas day with them in about 12 years and all. I love christmas. Did get depressed walking through town earlier though, so many homeless people. Breaks my heart. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Remmie said:

Besides the footy I usually spend the day watching the King George meeting at Kempton on TV (although I could actually walk there from my house). Had a bit of luck picking the winner of the big race the past few years but never put more than a fiver on it.

• Upvote 1

Had our Christmas party with the lads and other half’s on Friday. Drank each other into oblivion. Had to split my two mates up after one of them said ‘Hazard’ by Richard Marx was shit after the other had started playing it at 4am. Christmas is great fun.

22 hours ago, Remmie said:

I box, quite good at it too. Always come 2nd.

I'm at that threshold now where if I stop drinking I'll be reasonably fine getting up with the kids at 5am but a few more bevvies wouldn't go amiss.

I'll get up either way but it'll be hard going with the second option.

Well

Everyone at work left early. I'm in work now. Xbox on, there may or may not be a hip flask in my bag, full of park royal that goes splendidly in a orange and ginger tea. 

Actually there definitely is not a hip flask if anyone is reading 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

So we're all set for tomorrow, fucking the family off(messin) and spending the day serving and talking and hopefully, having a laugh of sorts, with the homeless and those living on the poverty line. 

As a request(all good spirited) I was asked to make the trifle, they had everything else other than a trifle, so I made one, a proper one - bar the custard, which sadly is from powder, the rest, is mine, bar growing it.  Did some homemade fudge as well.

No beans, so can't be all bad for you non-beanist bastards.

Merry Christmas you festive fuckers

IMG_1450.JPG

That looks amazing.

Respect to you and the kindness of strangers 

• Upvote 1

The reindeer have chowed down on the carrot and Father Christmas has done in three quarters of the mince pie. Now he’s just hanging around with a whiskey before filling the sack, the lazy fucker.