You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you like Christmas?

Guest TK-421

Do you like Christmas  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Christmas

• Yes - peace and goodwill to all men, women, children and squid
    • No - fuck the whole thing off

Same as Christmas Day - eat, drink, play board games, etc. With regard to f***y, I used to go home and away but never on Boxing Day. I’d much rather spend time with my family. I’d check Ceefax for scores and results but that’s about it. My Dad still goes on Boxing Day if we’re playing at home. Used to annoy my Mum but she came to accept it many, many years ago.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

What do people normally do on Boxing day?Almost exclusively worked it for the past 10 years and my friends and family never really bothered with it before then. I'll watch the f**tball obviously... 

We pretty much do our own thing during the day, a bit of exercise, footy and films, maybe, followed by arguably the best meal of the holiday, turkey and leftovers casserole and my dad’s sherry trifle.

Fingers crossed for you finding work again soon

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

What do people normally do on Boxing day?Almost exclusively worked it for the past 10 years and my friends and family never really bothered with it before then. I'll watch the f**tball obviously... 

I go to the pub and drink myself into oblivion, it's great.

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Had a breakfast and a pint to prepare myself for the shops. 

Need to get my niece a present, a haircut and some alcohol for tomorrow evening. 

Then I’m heading home and not going out again. 

Bit weird to get her a haircut for Christmas. Still, I hope she likes the booze.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

So we're all set for tomorrow, fucking the family off(messin) and spending the day serving and talking and hopefully, having a laugh of sorts, with the homeless and those living on the poverty line. 

As a request(all good spirited) I was asked to make the trifle, they had everything else other than a trifle, so I made one, a proper one - bar the custard, which sadly is from powder, the rest, is mine, bar growing it.  Did some homemade fudge as well.

No beans, so can't be all bad for you non-beanist bastards.

Merry Christmas you festive fuckers

IMG_1450.JPG

• Upvote 10

Fucking love Christmas, especially as the boys are still young enough to enjoy it (despite both of them now knowing who brings their presents). The turkey is defrosting, there's a bottle of champagne chilling for the smoked salmon breakfast and I've bought a nice port to go with the cheeses after dinner. I've got the mother in law staying, which is great because we get on really well and she's great with the boys.  Planning to do fuck all but drink, watch the footy, play with the kids and nap in my Christmas jumper. Cheers everyone!

• Upvote 2

Had work today and working Thursday and Friday. First time I've worked over christmas since I was in the Navy. On a plus note i'm meeting my Dad for a christmas pint tomorrow then having christmas dinner at my maa's, first time i'll have spent xmas day with them in about 12 years and all. I love christmas. Did get depressed walking through town earlier though, so many homeless people. Breaks my heart. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Remmie said:

Besides the footy I usually spend the day watching the King George meeting at Kempton on TV (although I could actually walk there from my house). Had a bit of luck picking the winner of the big race the past few years but never put more than a fiver on it.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Remmie said:

I box, quite good at it too. Always come 2nd.

Well

Everyone at work left early. I'm in work now. Xbox on, there may or may not be a hip flask in my bag, full of park royal that goes splendidly in a orange and ginger tea. 

Actually there definitely is not a hip flask if anyone is reading 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

So we're all set for tomorrow, fucking the family off(messin) and spending the day serving and talking and hopefully, having a laugh of sorts, with the homeless and those living on the poverty line. 

As a request(all good spirited) I was asked to make the trifle, they had everything else other than a trifle, so I made one, a proper one - bar the custard, which sadly is from powder, the rest, is mine, bar growing it.  Did some homemade fudge as well.

No beans, so can't be all bad for you non-beanist bastards.

Merry Christmas you festive fuckers

IMG_1450.JPG

That looks amazing.

Respect to you and the kindness of strangers 

• Upvote 1