You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you like Christmas?

Guest TK-421

Do you like Christmas  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Christmas

• Yes - peace and goodwill to all men, women, children and squid
    • No - fuck the whole thing off

7 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Its a load of made up bollocks. 

* Dysfunctiinal families pretending to be the Waltons. 

* Families without two pennies to rub together, who have been using foodbanks for the rest of the year feeling inadequate because they can’t spend £300 on their kids. 

* Parents who couldn’t give two fucks about parenting the rest of the year spending hundreds of pounds on their brats to feel smug about themselves. 

* Grown men dressed like cunts thinking they’re cool. 

* People wasting hundreds of pounds on food they’ll end up binning, walking past a homeless person sat outside a supermarket asking for a few pence and tutting to themselves. 

* Once a year drinkers who ruin the pub. 

* Women who can’t work a fucking cashpoint. 

* Shit telly. 

* Stress about cooking a Sunday fucking dinner. 

* Shit music. 

* Two faced cunts pretending they like and love others because they feel they have to. 

* Coca fucking cola. 

* Queens speech. 

The whole thing is an absolute shit show and to be honest I’m embarrassed by and pity people who enjoy it. 

If I didn’t have stuff to sort out first I’d top myself to avoid the fucking thing. 

Couldn't agree more.

If it wasn't for the fact of having young kids i'd happily fuck the whole thing off. 

Had the office Christmas jumper day/ office lunch in work during the week. You had to pay two pound to do so which was going towards a children's charity. I came in with my own lunch and in my usual work attire and put a tenner in the bucket, Simon from accounts called me a grinchy killjoy. I'll live.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

* Families without two pennies to rub together, who have been using foodbanks for the rest of the year feeling inadequate because they can’t spend £300 on their kids. 

* Parents who couldn’t give two fucks about parenting the rest of the year spending hundreds of pounds on their brats to feel smug about themselves. 

* People wasting hundreds of pounds on food they’ll end up binning, walking past a homeless person sat outside a supermarket asking for a few pence and tutting to themselves. 

* Shit telly. 

* Shit music. 

* Two faced cunts pretending they like and love others because they feel they have to. 

* Coca fucking cola. 

* Queens speech. 

The whole thing is an absolute shit show and to be honest I’m embarrassed by and pity people who enjoy it. 

If I didn’t have stuff to sort out first I’d top myself to avoid the fucking thing. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Christmas is what you make of it. It doesn’t haven’t to be most, if not all, of the above. Do you not normally like Christmas?

Just had a pigs-in-blanket sarnie with a cup of tea and some christmas cake as a breakfast desert. Sadly, other people approach Christmas in a way I prefer not to, so my enjoyment of my food was ruined as its in the constitution that I must go massively over the top in the other direction and slag off the whole thing and anyone who likes it.

I literally spent Christmas in hospital last year, and that was fine because I’m not sufficiently arsed about it that I felt I was missing anything, but fuck me the tedium of the edgelords (TM Paulie D) who think they hold themselves to purer standards because they’re so vocal about how it isn’t for them.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Just had a pigs-in-blanket sarnie with a cup of tea and some christmas cake as a breakfast desert. Sadly, other people approach Christmas in a way I prefer not to, so my enjoyment of my food was ruined as its in the constitution that I must go massively over the top in the other direction and slag off the whole thing and anyone who likes it.

I literally spent Christmas in hospital last year, and that was fine because I’m not sufficiently arsed about it that I felt I was missing anything, but fuck me the tedium of the edgelords (TM Paulie D) who think they hold themselves to purer standards because they’re so vocal about how it isn’t for them.

It's an internet forum, it's Christmas time, this is a thread called 'Do you like Christmas?'. People who don't like it are going to moan about it in here.

I don't think any of us are trying to be 'edgy', we just think it's a load of bollocks.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it at home this year though & have a good one.

Christmas is boss. 

I agree with Tony. It's what you make of it. A time to spend with close family and friends. The critics are correct too though. It's not like it used to be. There's a lot of bollocks that's become attached to it. The build up seems to start earlier every year. A few places are starting their sales on Christmas Eve this year too. Which is just a bit shitty. Sales are usually after Christmas, traditionally. And people have bought stuff in good faith. You take it on the chin if it's reduced after Christmas. But, before Christmas is a bit shitty. 

But, if you avoid all that shit, enjoy the company of loved ones, the food, drink and festivity, the excitement it brings to the little ones and just give sensible gifts that are within your means, then it can still be a great time of the year. 

I definitely want to spend one Christmas somewhere in Scandinavia. They seem to proper love it over there. But in a nice, traditional, non-tacky/OTT way. 

• Upvote 1

I was in a supermarket yesterday and from behind me a mature mum was shouting about a foot from my ear at her daughter - I literally have no idea what she said as the shriek left my ear ringing - but the daughter looked quite unhappy to be pushing the trolley around the supermarket as the mum shouted at her down the aisles.

I'm guessing that's a woman who didn't like Christmas very much.

11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

* Shit telly. 

* Shit music. 

* Coca fucking cola. 

* Queens speech. 

I suggest next year you go on holiday and avoid it. Worked for me the last 2 years going to the Canary Islands. Plus you can just get on with what you like doing. Nice and warm, relaxing, no nightmare shopping trips and you can sit off watching footy all day drinking.

11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

* Shit telly. 

* Shit music. 

* Coca fucking cola. 

* Queens speech. 

Fucking hell Col, are you me?

I usually work on Christmas day, boxing day and new years day if I can help it, 12-15.5 hour shifts on triple overtime often meant I could buy myself a ticket to Thailand or somewhere hot for February/March when the weather is shite here. 

Been redundant since the beginning of the month and been spending a lot more time with my wife and daughter. Very strange to have this much time off at home, but very much look forward to Christmas eve, day and boxing day off, possibly unprecedented for me. But think I need to be working again very soon after that for financial and sanity reasons. Except we're going to Ukraine for their Christmas which is in January. -27c and I can genuinely say that that is boss. 

On the subject of furry friends, I was presented with a fucking rat this morning. Went into the garage to find the far corner had like a little burrow hole and fresh dirt dug out, add to that that when I checked the festive hamper I'd left on a low shelf in the garage, I got from work(just sweets and the odd choccy bar) I found the imitation santa sack chewed through and the entire contents missing or opened and packaging shredded, bar the jam and cordial. Spent half an hour in a queue this avvy with everyone getting their shopping and me stood their with two rat traps and a box of rat poison. Ho fucking ho. 

Positive is, we're on for helping the homeless on Christmas day. Bar one daughter, everyone else has pulled a face. Me and Mrs Butty are now even more adamant to do this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I agree with all that and still like it.

Yeah likewise. I like not working, eating loads, and it being socially acceptable to drink at any hour of the day.

The commercial stuff I do find tedious at best. Spent 2 euros on my missus this year.