You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you like Christmas?

Guest TK-421

Do you like Christmas  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Christmas

• Yes - peace and goodwill to all men, women, children and squid
    • No - fuck the whole thing off

2004 was the last time we did anything on NYE and even then it was just round to a friend's house to stand in a kitchen getting pissed.

Long gone are the days when I was paying silly money to get into the likes of Cream.

As said, New Years day is often quite good as most of the once a year brigade are dying at home and leaving the pubs alone for the rest of us.

Christmas is still shit. 

I enjoyed spending time with my niece and she made me cry when she told me I’d spent to much money on her present. 

6 year old kid whose beautiful but still knows the price of a single Disney princess doll...”Uncle Colin there's 7 dolls there”! 

I got a great deal on them and spent more than I usually would on her but bought everyone else fuck all else so I was still up. 

What made it enjoyable was the shit my ol fella was in. 

Now bare in mind he’s 62, diabetic and isn’t allowed to drink anything bar a couple of Guinness on a weekend  He’s also waiting for surgery on his spine as the first lot didn’t work as they wished. 

He went out lunch time when his missus was still at work despite promising he wouldn’t. They were due at friends for 6 o’clock for presents before 4 couples went out for a few civilised drinks. 

He turned up at home 6 o’clock blaming Jen for telling him the wrong time. They went out to ‘do presents’ but he carried on the cider and entertained everyone. 

They then went to the club where he refused to drink Guinness and insisted on drinking thatchers and scotch. 

They went back to a friends place after a lock-in and he carried on the cider and whiskey despite Jen threatening to leave him. 

Jen fucked off at 3 o’clock telling him to come in quietly or he’d have Christmas without a cock. 

He finally got home just after 5, bounced off every wall in their place on the way to the bathroom and then tried to have a piss stood up. 

He was that shitfaced he went sideways and ended up in the bath unable to move and still pissing everywhere. 

He called Jen to try and help him out but he’s such a fat bastard she refused initially, he kept begging because his backs so fucked he can’t move until she finally gave in. 

He then pissed on her as she was trying to help him out the bath! 

At at this point she left him there for the rest of the night and he slept crippled in a bath of his own piss. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

2004 was the last time we did anything on NYE and even then it was just round to a friend's house to stand in a kitchen getting pissed.

Long gone are the days when I was paying silly money to get into the likes of Cream.

As said, New Years day is often quite good as most of the once a year brigade are dying at home and leaving the pubs alone for the rest of us.

I never ever went to Cream, etc. 

Pubs > clubs

Been back in my hometown since Christmas Eve, I've enjoyed it but I'm so fucking ready to head home now.

Got a stinking cold and I'm just sat in families sofas like a dosser each day watching shit, the dogs aren't sleeping well each evening as they are away from home so in turn we are hardly sleeping.

Can't go out for a beer as I'm ill and have to pick up the other half later. Can't even watch a film in peace as people just want to talk every 20 seconds. Tried to read s book earlier, that was bloody pointless. 

Done in with it all now, just want to get back to our home where we fucking live but this is dragging it out to fuck.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Been back in my hometown since Christmas Eve, I've enjoyed it but I'm so fucking ready to head home now.

Got a stinking cold and I'm just sat in families sofas like a dosser each day watching shit, the dogs aren't sleeping well each evening as they are away from home so in turn we are hardly sleeping.

Can't go out for a beer as I'm ill and have to pick up the other half later. Can't even watch a film in peace as people just want to talk every 20 seconds,

Done in with it all now, just want to get back to our home where we fucking live but this is dragging it out to fuck.  

One night at someone else's house is more than enough. Any longer and it descends into hell, nothing like home comforts.

• Upvote 2

Nailed the food prep this year. Had a superb dinner Christmas Day, with only enough leftovers for a modest dinner yesterday. Both evenings had cheeses, pates, chutneys, crackers, bread etc to tide us over, with a baked camembert and chilli jam last night.

Knew I’d be bored of that sort of grub after a couple of days, hence buying light, so cooked some chipotle enchiladas today, to avoid the same old same old.

The whole thing is all but entirely about grub for me now. Getting the food in before the last weekend pre-Christmas, to avoid my own private hell in the shops, and thinking up what to have and when so it all holds it’s interest.

The key for me is to do the above and keep people coming round between Christmas Eve and Boxing Day to a minimum. Spent those few days in a perfect bubble, most of it using the dogs as hot water bottles, watching films and opening my valve at regular intervals.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Can't go out for a beer as I'm ill and have to pick up the other half later. Can't even watch a film in peace as people just want to talk every 20 seconds. Tried to read s book earlier, that was bloody pointless. 

I had it at home. All I wanted was a bit of peace and quiet. Just doesn't happen. Just pissed off upstairs.

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

No bloodshed but christmas has totalyl burnt me out, like it always does. NYE will be fucking Jools Holland again I suppose.

Actually fucking Jools Holland, which would be somewhat impressive in its own way?

”Allo Jools, I’m round for me annual new year’s buggery. Off with them, then”. 

Or are are we talking a sad wank in front of Jools on the telly? 

Which I suppose is also somewhat impressive if you can keep it up as a tradition. 

• Upvote 1