You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do the Sheikh's ethics concern you?

Red Mist

Are you concerned with the way the Sheikh rules his country?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are you concerned with the way the Sheikh rules his country?

• Yes, if he is guilty of all the alleged charges, we should not be associated with him
    • No, don't give a shit as long as he pumps our club with lots of money

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest molbyscorchio
So you don't agree that the Right Way is to treat people with respect?

To (for example) pay them a decent living wage, give them decent living conditions, and allow them to form trades unions?

It's not a question of us in the West "believing" we are right - we fucking know we're right. You treat people as you would wish to be treated yourself. Simple and correct.

Were you the child on the Alan Partridge show many years back? You really are a sanctimonious arsehole young man. I'm glad Bush and Blair are treating people as we would like to be treated. You profess to be following your dad as a liberal democrat. I fucking know you're wrong. Put the ladybird book of global politics down. I read your posts , especially the non-football stuff, with a mixture of incredulity, hooting laughter, and often quite genuine sadness for the state of our youth. I try very hard not to sneer. I don't normally respond, because you are just the sort of self-righteous little shit that cannot understand anything outside their very narrow experience.

However, today's Sunday. A day of rest from my usually well observed approach of tolerance and goodwill. So let me get it out of the way before I return to my otherwise impeccable behaviour. You are a prick, and I cannot take you seriously.

I'm off out with my kids. If my 10 years old kicks off in the manner in which you often do, I shall gently have a word with him, and tell him that other people often have a different (and often more accurate) worldview, and he should listen, try to understand, adopt their perspective, and rationalise before forming his opinions. If that doesn't work I'll cuff him round the ear and send him up to his room with copies of the New Statesman, the Spectator, the Beano, and an Atlas. What a pity that didn't happen to you six or seven years ago. Especially the Beano.

Toot toot!

Were you the child on the Alan Partridge show many years back? You really are a sanctimonious arsehole young man. I'm glad Bush and Blair are treating people as we would like to be treated. You profess to be following your dad as a liberal democrat. I fucking know you're wrong. Put the ladybird book of global politics down. I read your posts , especially the non-football stuff, with a mixture of incredulity, hooting laughter, and often quite genuine sadness for the state of our youth. I try very hard not to sneer. I don't normally respond, because you are just the sort of self-righteous little shit that cannot understand anything outside their very narrow experience.

However, today's Sunday. A day of rest from my usually well observed approach of tolerance and goodwill. So let me get it out of the way before I return to my otherwise impeccable behaviour. You are a prick, and I cannot take you seriously.

Are you going to tell me why you think I'm wrong, or are you just going to waffle on like the moronic cunt you so obviously are?

Fuck off and don't ever bother me with your tripe again you insect.

Who was it who mentioned that banning Rashid would restore harmony to the former utopia that is TLW?

molbyscorchio started it >:(

I'm sanctimonious and self-righteous because I care what happens to people in other countries apparently :telloff:

PS the >:( smiley needs fixing

Who was it who mentioned that banning Rashid would restore harmony to the former utopia that is TLW?

I like SD and Molbyscorcio but SD's he started it first response does smack of the kids playground. The lack of respect and abuse is far worse than most of Rashid's posts but there are a lot of posters who abuse others when they dont like what they type and until those posters excercise personal restraint this site will continue to go downhill

I think it's a sorry state of affairs when an option like "No, don't give a shit as long as he pumps our club with lots of money ", is winning a poll on a LFC website. I hope it's just peoples way of saying, that they think DIC is alright. Otherwise we might as well sell the club to Murdoch/Hitler/whoever...

I like SD and Molbyscorcio but SD's he started it first response does smack of the kids playground. The lack of respect and abuse is far worse than most of Rashid's posts but there are a lot of posters who abuse others when they dont like what they type and until those posters excercise personal restraint this site will continue to go downhill

The problems arise when people (like me) make intelligent points with evidence to back their opinions up, and then get shouted down by people who disagree, but provide little or no evidence whatsoever to support their difference of opinion (molbyscorchio, isr, bigf00t etc).

I'll leave the sensible members of the forum to decide with whom the problem lies.

That in a nutshell is what it is all about. I started out as a bit of a hothead on here but i quickly learned that it gets you nowhere throwing insults around, and in fact flags you up as a bit of a knob. Engage in heated debate by all means but the insullts really do lower the tone and impress nobody.

The problems arise when people (like me) make intelligent points with evidence to back their opinions up, and then get shouted down by people who disagree, but provide little or no evidence whatsoever to support their difference of opinion (molbyscorchio, isr, bigf00t etc).

I'll leave the sensible members of the forum to decide with whom the problem lies.

I'm not taking sides but just making the obvious point that personal abuse just lowers the tone of the site. It can be quite funny in small doses ala Tom Ross but at the moment there is just too much of it

I think it's a sorry state of affairs when an option like "No, don't give a shit as long as he pumps our club with lots of money ", is winning a poll on a LFC website. I hope it's just peoples way of saying, that they think DIC is alright. Otherwise we might as well sell the club to Murdoch/Hitler/whoever...

its a sad state of affairs for sure but unfortunately most fans wouldnt give a shit if it meant us winning the title. I dont think the new owners would have a problem in appointing Wenger or Mourinho if it meant winning the title wheras id have a big problem with that

I'm not taking sides but just making the obvious point that personal abuse just lowers the tone of the site. It can be quite funny in small doses ala Tom Ross but at the moment there is just too much of it

You're right Red Nick and I shouldn't respond in kind to that sort of thing.

I blame the weather :whistle:

Apparently our potential new owner is less than perfect after some journo's decided to make an issue out of the fact that his country bans Israeli's from going to Dubai, that he hires children for work, and that Arabian women in Dubai don't have the freedoms they have in the west.

Does anyone really care about any of this, or are you just interested in his money funding our impending domiantion of the world?

whether anyone cares or not, doesn't really matter; there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. If the Liverpool management wants the Dubai guy, and the Dubai guy wants Liverpool, then it's a done deal.

We are all just hangers on.

SD, even you can't believe what you type. Can you?

READ MY POSTS. I have argued the points. If anything, I have waffled TOO MUCH on them, not too little. Unfortunately, I'm not intelligent enough to make my point concisely.

This is your behaviour:

1) You make outrageous and hugely inflammatory comments ("we're superior", "they are savages", etc) IN COMPLETE SINCERITY, without a hint of tongue in cheek. This is an entirely different kettle of fish than the juvenile crap which has flooded this forum this week.

2) You completely ignore lengthy arguments to the contrary (AGAIN, read what I have posted, in this thread and the other one).

3) you sit back and claim that only you are making an intelligent argument, and no-one else is responding (sniff, sniff)

You don't have to agree with counter-arguments. I'm sure there are many people here who can pick holes in what I say. But, you can't ignore them, and then whine that no-one is responding.

I see it. Others see it (if they can filter out some of the overly abusive crap which has flooded these threads). You're fooling no-one.

PS: and I meant what I said in my last reply to you. You're an irritating little pipsqueak, and if I spoke to you in person, I would do EXACTLY what I said. Not because I can't respond to your, ahem, arguments. Did that.

Because you would DESERVE it. Some people do. You sound like one of them.

whether anyone cares or not, doesn't really matter; there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. If the Liverpool management wants the Dubai guy, and the Dubai guy wants Liverpool, then it's a done deal.

We are all just hangers on.

Strangely enough, after 6 pages of this thread (and countless ones in the original one), this is the truest comment on the whole matter.

EVERY ONE HAS AHISTORY MOST OF ALL THE MONEYMEN THE JEW THING WORKS BOTH WAYS I RECKON HE WILL DO FINE FOR THE MIGHTY REDS WE NEED HIS MONEY TO BUY TOPCLASS PLAYERS NOMORE SECOND RATE PLAYERS IE PENNANT ZENDEN IAM NOT SURE ABOUT BELLAMY ALVES IS APLAYER WE NEED NOT SWP AWINGER VINCENTE CLASS ROUMAN

EVERY ONE HAS AHISTORY MOST OF ALL THE MONEYMEN THE JEW THING WORKS BOTH WAYS I RECKON HE WILL DO FINE FOR THE MIGHTY REDS WE NEED HIS MONEY TO BUY TOPCLASS PLAYERS NOMORE SECOND RATE PLAYERS IE PENNANT ZENDEN IAM NOT SURE ABOUT BELLAMY ALVES IS APLAYER WE NEED NOT SWP AWINGER VINCENTE CLASS ROUMAN

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

SD, even you can't believe what you type. Can you?

READ MY POSTS. I have argued the points. If anything, I have waffled TOO MUCH on them, not too little. Unfortunately, I'm not intelligent enough to make my point concisely.

Jog my memory please. All I remember was some feeble apologist nonsense for illiberal brutality.

You CANNOT argue the points, because the points are unarguable. There is NO justification for child abuse, slave workers, criminalising homosexuality. This is what you don't seem to grasp.

That's one mean Vicky Pollard impersonation, that. ;)

Don't worry lads, he must be a wool!

I'd agree if he was doing something really terrible, but as somebody mentioned, this fella is a saint compared with other leaders in the region. And indeed, leaders of some of the so-called civilised western nations too.

Do you believe in Capital punishment?

I'd agree if he was doing something really terrible, but as somebody mentioned, this fella is a saint compared with other leaders in the region. And indeed, leaders of some of the so-called civilised western nations too.

But that sort of reasoning shows that you do give a shit about what he's done.

I'm not in any way suggesting that it's sad that people want Dubai inc to but LFC, just that the 'yay' option in this poll isn't about that but about wanting whoever's got enough cash to own Liverpool Football Club.