You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do the Sheikh's ethics concern you?

Red Mist

Are you concerned with the way the Sheikh rules his country?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are you concerned with the way the Sheikh rules his country?

• Yes, if he is guilty of all the alleged charges, we should not be associated with him
    • No, don't give a shit as long as he pumps our club with lots of money

For me aslong as he treats our club with respect and keeps it's values then thats all I really care about to be honest. What he does in his own country is his buisness, unless of course he was some mad dictator then I think we would have a problem...

Absolutely. If he does what's in the best interest of our club, our heritige and image (i.e. not transforming us into detestable cunts like Chelsea), what he does in Dubai shouldn't concern us too much. Unless of course he turns into a genocidal maniac and starts wars with his neighbours or something.

He's presiding over the greatest success story in recent Arab history, his state is a model for all other Arab nations to aspire to IMO. If his country was so bad and treatment of guest workers so awful, why do hundreds of thousands of foreign workers go their for jobs? Why do countless tourists go there for their holidays? It's thanks to our prospective owner that Dubai is such a progressive place that attracts so many foreign workers, tourists and businesses.

I think we'll be in safe hands with these people in charge.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. If he does what's in the best interest of our club, our heritige and image (i.e. not transforming us into detestable cunts like Chelsea), what he does in Dubai shouldn't concern us too much. Unless of course he turns into a genocidal maniac and starts wars with his neighbours or something.

He's presiding over the greatest success story in recent Arab history, his state is a model for all other Arab nations to aspire to IMO. If his country was so bad and treatment of guest workers so awful, why do hundreds of thousands of foreign workers go their for jobs? Why do countless tourists go there for their holidays? It's thanks to our prospective owner that Dubai is such a progressive place that attracts so many foreign workers, tourists and businesses.

I think we'll be in safe hands with these people in charge.

Exactly! And look at these hilarious pictures - what kid WOULDN'T want the chance to ride camels, eh?

http://www.antislavery.org/homepage/resources/cameljockeysgallery/gallery.htm

I agree... its amazing how people in the west believe their way of doing things is the Right way to do things simply because its their way...

So you don't agree that the Right Way is to treat people with respect?

To (for example) pay them a decent living wage, give them decent living conditions, and allow them to form trades unions?

It's not a question of us in the West "believing" we are right - we fucking know we're right. You treat people as you would wish to be treated yourself. Simple and correct.

Guest bigf00t

To (for example) pay them a decent living wage, give them decent living conditions, and allow them to form trades unions?

It's not a question of us in the West "believing" we are right - we fucking know we're right. You treat people as you would wish to be treated yourself. Simple and correct.

Doesnt the government over here tax you on the money YOU earned?

How much are you going to be paying when you buy your first house? How much is said house actually worth?

How many British people were completely against the idea of Britain going to war?

Interest?

Pensions?

tuition fees?

NHS?

i could go on... but the truth is i wouldnt be able to do my argument justice.

Yes, we were right to invade a nation for no reason whatsoever, killing 100,000+ civilians, leaving the country in a civil war which is killing dozens of people every day. How wonderful we are compared with those horrible anti-union Arabs.

Guest bigf00t
I actually think Bigf00t is the racist here; judging by his views on some of the RF threads and the way he's acted on here.

I can honestly say i have no problem with anybodys race...

my problem is normally with someones belief:

eg: people believing theyre superior to others simply because of the colour of their skin or the amount of money they have...

How much are you going to be paying when you buy your first house? How much is said house actually worth?

How many British people were completely against the idea of Britain going to war?

Interest?

Pensions?

tuition fees?

NHS?

You're saying the British have no right to pass comment on human rights violations in the Middle East because we have high house prices?

Just want to be sure, like.

Uh, yeah, they do, that's one of the responsibilities of living in a liberal democracy.

When I bought my first house, it cost £66,000, and it is worth every penny. I have no idea of the relevance of this though!

Most of them. However, the good thing about us here in Britain is we actually get a say in what our government does, unlike people in the UAE. 80% of people in UAE are migrant workers with no say in anything.

Interest? Pensions? tuition fees? NHS?

Mate, I have no fucking idea what your argument is!

I can honestly say i have no problem with anybodys race...

eg: people believing theyre superior to others simply because of the colour of their skin or the amount of money they have...

That's not how you're coming across. I have a problem with this investment but it would concern me no matter who invested not because the dude is from Dubai. It wouldn't matter if was Dubai, Darlington or Durban. Chill out, Sasquatch.

No, it's a belief that our values are superior, because we don't (for instance) race children through the desert on pack animals.

Guest bigf00t
You're saying the British have no right to pass comment on human rights violations in the Middle East because we have high house prices?

Just want to be sure, like.

No... im saying the amount of tax you pay when you buy/sell a house is a violation of YOUR human rights...

Yes, we were right to invade a nation for no reason whatsoever, killing 100,000+ civilians, leaving the country in a civil war which is killing dozens of people every day. How wonderful we are compared with those horrible anti-union Arabs.

I don't know what our (admittedly misguided) foreign policy has to do with the human rights we bestow on our own citizens, but I'm sure you're going to try and make it relevant. I'm all ears.

Guest bigf00t
I think I'll pay stamp duty and keep the vote, but that's just me.

oh yes... the vote...

that which keeps the people in control of the govt... good on you lad.

I would say it a brave move by LFC. Like it or not there is a current focus on the Muslim faith in Britain at the moment. This is because of many reasons, the press, recent events, the anti war movement etc etc. It shows a lot of bottle in the fact that they know it could make us an easy target for some bigots,, but they feel they are doing the right thing., because of this I have complete faith they know what they are doing so don‘t feel to discomfort when reading the shit in the papers. Only time will tell.

oh yes... the vote...

that which keeps the people in control of the govt... good on you lad.

You're learning fast... would you like us to explain how taxes work now, or is your brain hurting from exposure to too much evil Westernisation already?

Guest bigf00t
You're learning fast... would you like us to explain how taxes work now, or is your brain hurting from exposure to too much evil Westernisation already?

naa... your allright.