Quantcast
Christmas Adverts - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Owen

Christmas Adverts

They've been pissing me off already.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!" No it's fucking not.

That M&S one's quite good though, with Shirley Bassey doing the Bond theme inspired Pink song though. Classy.

They've been pissing me off already.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!" No it's fucking not.

That M&S one's quite good though, with Shirley Bassey doing the Bond theme inspired Pink song though. Classy.

I do like the M&S ad as well, what makes it better is that M&S are using a song about drug taking to advertise itself, I wonder if they know. That is almost as good as the US military using 'Born in the USA' and 'In the Navy' in recruitment drives.

I do like the M&S ad as well, what makes it better is that M&S are using a song about drug taking to advertise itself, I wonder if they know. That is almost as good as the US military using 'Born in the USA' and 'In the Navy' in recruitment drives.

Which song is it they use?

Not sure of it's title but it's got the line 'Get the party started'.
That would be Get the party started. The drug reference is I'm coming up so you better get the party started

All over the telly. Its not even December. It pisses me off. I love Christmas. Love it. But only in December. 

Ive just seen the new John Lewis one. Not on of their best. They will make a fortune selling that stuffed Dragon toy though. 

This is the best ever one IMO. Spanish but fuck me it brings a tear to the eye. I walked past some woman playing the tune on the piano to this in Madrid a few weeks back. She was gorgeous... I mean really good on the ...... fuck it. Just watch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Love the music, it's Nuvole Bianche” composed by Ludovico Einaudi if anyone is interested. He's an excellent pianist, real sit back and relax stuff. 

23 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

All over the telly. Its not even December. It pisses me off. I love Christmas. Love it. But only in December. 

Ive just seen the new John Lewis one. Not on of their best. They will make a fortune selling that stuffed Dragon toy though. 

This is the best ever one IMO. Spanish but fuck me it brings a tear to the eye. I walked past some woman playing the tune on the piano to this in Madrid a few weeks back. She was gorgeous... I mean really good on the ...... fuck it. Just watch.

They’ve been on the telly since before Bommie Night. Probably because the high street is struggling and sales are poor throughout the rest of the year.

I like the Raymond Briggs Barbour ones.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

They’ve been on the telly since before Bommie Night. Probably because the high street is struggling and sales are poor throughout the rest of the year.

Been on since the 1st November mate. Fucking sick of it all already.

They really do seem to have been hammering it this year. Not just the adverts; the lights, the shitey Christmas Market. They have the Remembrance Sunday event next to the Scott Monument on Princes Street and 2 days later it’s cleared away for 6 weeks of ripping families and tourists off.

Did I say this last year?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mook said:

IMG_20191120_180434.jpg

We are in the midst of a revolt form the underage voters in the household (read kids).  

Mom wants to drag down the Chritmas stuff and no one is engaging.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

We are in the midst of a revolt form the underage voters in the household (read kids).  

Mom wants to drag down the Chritmas stuff and no one is engaging.

Can she be gotten rid of in some way?

Just come back from the daughters, saw that awful xmas advert with Maria Carey in it. How fucking CGI'd is she? I doubt she even turned up in person, everyone else looks normal, she looks like plastic. 

1 hour ago, блядь said:

Just come back from the daughters, saw that awful xmas advert with Maria Carey in it. How fucking CGI'd is she? I doubt she even turned up in person, everyone else looks normal, she looks like plastic. 

She could barely be arsed eating that crisp, a single crisp.

• Upvote 1