You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russell Brand

Thants

Russell Brand - Well?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Russell Brand - Well?

• Surreal genius on speed?
    • Unfunny twat
    • Who's Russell Brand?

41 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I love seeing people work up and do well for themselves. I've never held any envy to decent hard-working successful people.

Cunts like Alan Sugar though they are different. Came from fuck all and is now worth 500 million or whatever however as completely forgotten his roots despite liking to think he is still a pwopa east end boy. He doesn't give a fuck about low paid workers. All he cares about his lining his own pockets regardless of who suffers and how. 

I don't know much about Sugar but doubt he 'came from nothing' myself.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't know much about Sugar but doubt he 'came from nothing' myself.

Early life

Sugar was born in Hackney, East London, into a Jewish family.[7] His father, Nathan, was a tailor in the garment industry of the East End.[8] His maternal grandparents were born in Russia, and his paternal grandfather was born in Poland. Sugar's paternal grandmother, Sarah Sugar, was born in London to Polish parents.

When Sugar was young, his family lived in a council flat. Because of his profuse, curly hair, he was nicknamed "Mop head", a name that he still goes by in the present day.[9] He attended Northwold Primary School and then Brooke House Secondary School in Upper Clapton, Hackney, and made extra money by working at a greengrocers.[9] After leaving school at the age of sixteen,[10] he worked briefly for the civil service as a statistician at the Ministry of Education. He began selling radio aerials for cars and other electrical goods out of a van which he had bought for £50 and insured for £8. To afford this, he withdrew all of his postal savings which totalled just £100.[11]

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Early life

Sugar was born in Hackney, East London, into a Jewish family.[7] His father, Nathan, was a tailor in the garment industry of the East End.[8] His maternal grandparents were born in Russia, and his paternal grandfather was born in Poland. Sugar's paternal grandmother, Sarah Sugar, was born in London to Polish parents.

When Sugar was young, his family lived in a council flat. Because of his profuse, curly hair, he was nicknamed "Mop head", a name that he still goes by in the present day.[9] He attended Northwold Primary School and then Brooke House Secondary School in Upper Clapton, Hackney, and made extra money by working at a greengrocers.[9] After leaving school at the age of sixteen,[10] he worked briefly for the civil service as a statistician at the Ministry of Education. He began selling radio aerials for cars and other electrical goods out of a van which he had bought for £50 and insured for £8. To afford this, he withdrew all of his postal savings which totalled just £100.[11]

He definitely had a leg up somewhere and a tailor was a step up from the proles.

Sugar  was granted permission to travel to and from Australia to appear on a television show, in a quarantine bubble (no mandatory 14 day isolation).

Over 25000 Australians are stranded overseas, 4000 airplane seats a week in but entry requires Government permission, the airlines are selling 99% first and business class seats and there is a mandatory 14 day quarantine in a roach hostel for $3000.

All animals are created equal but some are more equal than others.

Twat.

On 22/09/2020 at 13:46, VladimirIlyich said:

Not having a go at you mate,I am simply saying that people who make vast fortunes like he has aren't without significant help along the way. That wont be on wikipedia.

I agree, a lot of the rags to riches stories are exaggerated a bit.

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Fuck me, "a tailor is a step up from a prole".  Drag those self improving bourgeois cunts back to their roots.  

It was back then. A small business owner was generally well off compared to their community,not because they were wealthy but because their clientelle and community was so poor. Like I said though,there will have been a few 'leg ups' along the way.

On 22/09/2020 at 13:46, VladimirIlyich said:

Not having a go at you mate,I am simply saying that people who make vast fortunes like he has aren't without significant help along the way. That wont be on wikipedia.

Is it tough carrying such a heavy chip on your shoulder? There's always a "But.." lurking somewhere when people make successes of themselves, isn't there?

10 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It was back then. A small business owner was generally well off compared to their community,not because they were wealthy but because their clientelle and community was so poor. Like I said though,there will have been a few 'leg ups' along the way.

Sugar is a cunt. But who said his dad was a business owner. He was a tailor, but doesn’t mean he owned the business. 

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

When it's a cunt like Sugar,yes.

Its very, very presumptious. What a bitter world we live in when even the route of those who have overcome the hurdles of society is tainted and sought to be dragged back down.

8 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Its very, very presumptious. What a bitter world we live in when even the route of those who have overcome the hurdles of society is tainted and sought to be dragged back down.

Sugar is a massive cunt and I have nothing against people who have relatively poor upbringings doing well for themselves,see Russell Brand and numerous sportsmen and women for example. I simply doubt the official version of Sugar's rags to riches story.

I don’t believe the Sugar rags to riches story at all.  Just because he’s said these things and they’ve been reported on doesn’t make any of them true.  Similar to the JK Rowling “I was living on benefits” story that does the rounds.  There’s very little detail on any of it.  It’s all PR.

Sugar may very well be a rags to riches story, but it doesn’t change the fact that the man is a Platinum Class Cunt of a human being.

Brand can be annoying sometimes when he goes off on a stream of consciousness monologue, but his heart is in the right place and he seems to genuinely give a shit about people less fortunate than him.

• Upvote 4

• 2 years later...
On 22/09/2020 at 09:47, Bjornebye said:

Is the 'My little booky wooky' or something? Yeah it was good that. He is very intelligent. I'd vote for him. 

EDIT: I notice I previously voted him as "unfunny twat" when the poll started. I must have been having a bad day. 

On 08/05/2015 at 18:55, Bjornebye said:

Hard to trust a man who voluntarily chose to stop fucking Katy Perry. 

Read that line again. 

I like him though. 

Fucking hell I wanted to shag him but had my suspicions..... 

On 08/05/2015 at 08:04, Strontium said:

What's to be humble about? We leave Britain in a better state than we found it, which has to be the ambition of any politician. For that we get a royal kicking. I wouldn't be human if I didn't question the logic of that.

Hahahaha Thatcher said that when she left office. 

It’s sad to see where Brand is now,

He’d dragged himself out of his drug lifestyle and had pulled his life back together. He supported some good causes, and genuinely helped a few people.

But since the latter posts in this thread he’s gone down sone conspiracy rabbit holes, and become a bit of a beacon for questionable knobheads.

If these allegations do turn out to be true then people, me included, will have given him more credit than he ever actually deserved. 

• Upvote 3