You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russell Brand

Thants

Russell Brand - Well?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Russell Brand - Well?

• Surreal genius on speed?
    • Unfunny twat
    • Who's Russell Brand?

You'd think these people would get behind Brand instead of slagging him off and doing the Tories work for them.

I like Brian Reade and Ive heard good things about Charlie Brooker too but they are going to feel the pinch less than the rest of us.Reade's friends and some family will be at the sharp end though so why gang up on a fellow leftie when he's saying the same as them,just in a more manic way?

You'd think these people would get behind Brand instead of slagging him off and doing the Tories work for them. I like Brian Reade and Ive heard good things about Charlie Brooker too but they are going to feel the pinch less than the rest of us.Reade's friends and some family will be at the sharp end though so why gang up on a fellow leftie when he's saying the same as them,just in a more manic way?

Because if they were leftists they wouldnt be there, these are among the many faux left slippin jim, stronts, brooker, theres more of them than true leftists or rightists but they always obediently follow power so fuck them anyway false flag bearer mocha latte sedgeway bollock flappers.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, A Red said:

I love the working class such chirpy happy go lucky fellows

To be fair he is pretty working class himself, sure he may be able ostentatiously erudite, and a bit of a lovey.

better surely than the liberal who would always be happy to help someone out as long as they remember they are a fucking smack head and so always below them.

He is working class isn't he? Only the British could see their arse over a tweet like that yet remain content to subsidise bum wipers and butlers for the Royal family, one of whom is almost certainly a paedophile, and vote for a party that's largely comprised of people who went to the same private school and university. It's almost like we're totally full of shit.

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He is working class isn't he? Only the British could see their arse over a tweet like that yet remain content to subsidise bum wipers and butlers for the Royal family, one of whom is almost certainly a paedophile, and vote for a party that's largely comprised of people who went to the same private school and university. It's almost like we're totally full of shit.

Yeah he is. He's not my personal cup of tea but he is working class lad, with addiction problems,made good. I don't know whether he made an effort to become more educated or whether his addiction and withdrawal made him look deeper at issues than a person generally would. I think he's sometimes a bit annoying but there are far worse people out there(see Section's post) in far more responsible positions.

I like the story of Noel Gallagher trying to get him to have a beer in the pub (he is tee-total) and he wouldn't. "Go on just have half a lager" and Brand said if he had half a lager within an hour he would be in a flat in Kings Cross with a needle hanging out of his arm. Thinking about it, Noel is a bit of a dick there trying to egg him on to have a drink. People with addictive traits should be supported not encouraged to fall off the wagon. 

I like Brand. I couldn't have him talking at me for an hour but I don't mind him at all. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I like the story of Noel Gallagher trying to get him to have a beer in the pub (he is tee-total) and he wouldn't. "Go on just have half a lager" and Brand said if he had half a lager within an hour he would be in a flat in Kings Cross with a needle hanging out of his arm. Thinking about it, Noel is a bit of a dick there trying to egg him on to have a drink. People with addictive traits should be supported not encouraged to fall off the wagon. 

I like Brand. I couldn't have him talking at me for an hour but I don't mind him at all. 

Yeah, it’s really bad form from Gallagher there. He probably didn’t realise the potential consequences but he must have known it was cunty. 

As for Brand, he just seems like a weirdo bohemian type trying to be a better person. I enjoyed his book, it gave a bit of insight into why he is like he is. Seems like a fairly harmless bloke. 

6 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yeah, it’s really bad form from Gallagher there. He probably didn’t realise the potential consequences but he must have known it was cunty. 

As for Brand, he just seems like a weirdo bohemian type trying to be a better person. I enjoyed his book, it gave a bit of insight into why he is like he is. Seems like a fairly harmless bloke. 

Is the 'My little booky wooky' or something? Yeah it was good that. He is very intelligent. I'd vote for him. 

EDIT: I notice I previously voted him as "unfunny twat" when the poll started. I must have been having a bad day. 

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is the 'My little booky wooky' or something? Yeah it was good that. He is very intelligent. I'd vote for him. 

EDIT: I notice I previously voted him as "unfunny twat" when the poll started. I must have been having a bad day. 

My Booky Wook, yeah. There’s a second one but I’ve not read it. 

It is the old play the man, not the ball. If he was poor and working class it would be the politics of envy, but because he had done well for himself and talks funny his opinion shouldn't count as he is a hypocrite.

Either too poor or too rich to have an opinion when it comes to caring about working people. Shame the same rules don't apply to the multimillionaire politicians who happily vilify the poor at every opportunity. Or the rich businessman who explains why paying a decent wage is the worse thing you can do for people, their opinions obviously count.

Cunts

• Upvote 1

I love seeing people work up and do well for themselves. I've never held any envy to decent hard-working successful people.

Cunts like Alan Sugar though they are different. Came from fuck all and is now worth 500 million or whatever however as completely forgotten his roots despite liking to think he is still a pwopa east end boy. He doesn't give a fuck about low paid workers. All he cares about his lining his own pockets regardless of who suffers and how.