You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match ratings from the tundra

Nunavut Patrick

on the barrenlands as the Beverly Caribou herd thunder by on their migration with the dish pointed at 17.3 towards the equator:

Reina 6.8 Not much to do but would have being called upon to produce a save from an opening shot by Harper (the footballer, not the Canadian PM) had Jamie not stuck a leg out. Reina now has more clean sheets than atk on laundry day.

Finnan 7.2 - Houillier's Million Dollar Baby is proving to be a very Swanky signing. Steady ready cross good perfromance.

Carragher 7.4 - The B52's have a song called Roam. JC had room to roam but when needed with his trademark Row 38 clearance he was there.

Hyypia 7.3 - Played some precision passes, but with the Reading managerial strategy of 7-2-1 he had to time to make a Finlandia screwdriver with freshly squeezed OJ (the juice, not the slasher), a quick sauna and then a Reading centreback might venture beyond the half-line. Memo to Coppel- it's not dodgeball.

Riise- 6.8 - still some questions defensively but the excellent and coiffed Zenden helped track back. The gulf in class between the rooster-coiffed ginger carrot top and Boloreal is chasmistic.

Pennant 5.9 - going for the blaxplotation look he would to better to exploit some defenders. Or he could watch The Outsiders. As in take it to the outside.

Gerrard 7.8 - Instrumental in Kuty's (or as Trevor Francis was calling him 'Kraut') first. Good movement throughout and had the Reading back 8 shatting themselves. Royally shatting themselves.

Alonso 7.4 - Did what he could, but with Hyypia and Carragher being able to carry the ball to the 18 -yard box his role was somewhat eliminated. Played a wonderful ball to Gerrard in the box but the Captain's control let him down.

Zenden 9.3 - Getting a good run of games and the hair is holding up. Benetiz has no one else to go to, although Pennant's retro-fro is asking some questions. Did I detect a hint of blonder streaks, or was it an extra 10 minutes on the sunbed.

Crouch 7.5 - lovely knockdown for the Kuyt's goal. Dare we mention Toshack-Keegan. I dare not, but this is indeed a positive partnership despite the machinations of a certain Bagpuss.

Kuyt 8.8- works hard, puts chances away. Is very much a complete player. Really enjoys the game and after his first made sure he called out Peter and Steven witha Dutch point. I am also impressed with his Igor Biscan tribute goal celebration- the man has his education (c. RTK).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to a prior committment the rating are based up to the 69 minute mark (oo-err matron) as my daughter's are involved in a basketball tournament. Sadly, they were blown out by Whale Cove. But there remain possibilities in the next game vs Chesterfield Inlet.

NP as usual quality mate. Remmie might have his own forum but he " forever lives in your shadow".

Might have a grumble about Pepe 6.8.

Apart from that almost perfert. Not as perfect as the blonde tinted bombshell on the wings. We Had Dreams and Songs to sing We Had Bolo on the Wings.

N.P.Fuck off twat the goalkeeper is a fuckin liability.

I hope a Seal or Whale gets stuck up your tart you fuckin Moose.

How the fuck can you give rating's you fuckin no-mark.

In Fact invade your country let's get 20 serviceman and invade the penguin shagging twats.

As you were!

Yes thats 6 clean sheet's for Reina TK421.(didn't i say 20?)

Do you honestly believe he is that bad.

At Cardiff he did have a howler and I think he has suffered a bit early this season, on the back of it.

I think he has the potential to be very very good.

N.P.Fuck off twat the goalkeeper is a fuckin liability.

I hope a Seal or Whale gets stuck up your tart you fuckin Moose.

How the fuck can you give rating's you fuckin no-mark.

In Fact invade your country let's get 20 serviceman and invade the penguin shagging twats.

As you were!

Yes thats 6 clean sheet's for Reina TK421.(didn't i say 20?)

Penguins reside in the South Pole dumbass, NP is a Moose shagger.

Don't talk shite, knobend.

Perhaps you could name 2/3 mistakes in every game so far this season?

i cant say that i have been to every game this season, but i have listened to every game and been to a few. I have seen 40 minute highlights of every game too and i know that reina has missed punches in every match. he has dropped the ball from corners in both matches against reading (thats all i can remember off the top of my head, but i am sure i will remember more when i think more) he has punched the ball into his own net against west ham.

There is no doubting that he makes mistakes in every game (maybe not 3, but it is 1 or 2 mistakes in every game).

Also, he makes a good save in every game.

I am not saying he is shit, im just saying hes a liability and as soon as i see us give away a corner or a set piece, i worry about what reina is going to do.

Just my own view, so dont rip my head off.

How can you make a definitive statement about a player making x number of mistakes if you haven't even watched the matches and are relying on radio commentary?

Reina did nothing wrong today as far as I can remember, so that's no mistakes today for a start.

Saying he makes 1 good save a game and up to 3 mistakes (or is it 1 or 2) is just a thick wank statement that is bollocks and you haven't bollocking thought it through.

How can you make a definitive statement about a player making x number of mistakes if you haven't even watched the matches and are relying on radio commentary?

Reina did nothing wrong today as far as I can remember, so that's no mistakes today for a start.

Saying he makes 1 good save a game and up to 3 mistakes (or is it 1 or 2) is just a thick wank statement that is bollocks and you haven't bollocking thought it through.

On the streaming of the match today, a corner came in and he missed his punch, he then tried to catch the thing but he missed the catch to only to finally make contact with the ball on his third attempt. Im making a statement about a player on what i have seen.

On the streaming of the match today, a corner came in and he missed his punch, he then tried to catch the thing but he missed the catch to only to finally make contact with the ball on his third attempt. Im making a statement about a player on what i have seen.

Well you're wrong.

Guest --LARRY-WBLSC
reina is a liability, have to agree with atk there.

he usually makes one good save a match, but this is up against his 2 or 3 mistakes in every game.

Whats the point in your arguement? Do you want a new goalkeeper? Is he not good enough for Liverpool?

so the commentators lie?

so the commentators lie?

Not necessarily as, for me, a lie is dependent on the intent. However, the constructing of the scene is dependent on the commentator's perception and their language ability. It stands to reason that seeing something with one's own eyes allows for a more balanced judgement than a secondhand interpretation via somebody elses.

Whats the point in your arguement? Do you want a new goalkeeper? Is he not good enough for Liverpool?

No but I see the likes of brad friedel, scott carson and to a lesser extent david james who are more consistent than pepe. Is pepe really much better than our previous keepers?

Not necessarily as, for me, a lie is dependent on the intent. However, the constructing of the scene is dependent on the commentator's perception and their language ability. It stands to reason that seeing something with one's own eyes allows for a more balanced judgement than a secondhand interpretation via somebody elses.

I couldn't agree more, but his mistakes are shown on the highlights of of the game on eseason ticket and on bbc and skys coverage of the games.

I couldn't agree more, but his mistakes are shown on the highlights of of the game on eseason ticket and on bbc and skys coverage of the games.

How many of his mistakes have not been rectified when he has made them, except for The Derby?

How many points have his mistakes cost us?

How many points has he kept us by producing top drawer save?

How many of the Riena is shit bandwagon hoppers, felt the same about Bruce Grobbelaar all them years ago?, he was prone to the odd fuck up from time to time.

I am sensing that as Djimi has left theclub all his baitors are now looking for a new 'victim'.

Reina is a quality young goalkeeper, he is only 23, keepers do not hit there prime till at least their 30's these days.

Like you are all perfect at your job too.

Miserable Bastards