You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meningitis scare for daughter of Reds skipper

terry mac

Liverpool Echo

STEVEN Gerrard rushed his six-month-old baby Lexie to hospital in a meningitis scare, it was reported today.

The Reds captain and his fiancée Alex Curran parked in an ambulance bay and ran into Whiston hospital carrying six-month-old Lexie, a newspaper report said.

Lexie was suffering from a rash and a temperature.

Hospital sources say she and her parents stayed overnight.

Yesterday Lexie was given the all-clear and returned to the couple's Formby home.

Reports say she had fallen ill on Saturday night while being baby-sat by Gerrard's family and doctors now suspect she had an allergic reaction.

A club spokesman said: "We don't have a comment, it's a personal matter."

Whiston hospital staff said they were unable to comment

Yep. Sickening. I'm surprised he played at all; probably shouldn't have done.

Must have been a bad fever. Our lad went up to 42 degrees which is 107.6 in old money. Turned out to be pneumonia but they had started treating him for meningitis. They had tried to send us home, that was the worrying part, the stupid twats. My missus said that they would have to sign something saying it was against our wishes if they wanted to discharge him. Half an hour later he had 8 members of staff around him trying to get a line into his vein because they had all collapsed.

Must have been a bad fever. Our lad went up to 42 degrees which is 107.6 in old money. Turned out to be pneumonia but they had started treating him for meningitis. They had tried to send us home, that was the worrying part, the stupid twats. My missus said that they would have to sign something saying it was against our wishes if they wanted to discharge him. Half an hour later he had 8 members of staff around him trying to get a line into his vein because they had all collapsed.

Fuck me, that's some spine-shivering shit, right there. I was never squeamish until we had kids and now I can't bear to hear anything like that (in a non-professional context).

Do you feel a bit silly your little agenda has been blown to pieces?

There was no agenda, Redknapp has said those things, Phil Thompson said in the radio that he knows Gerrard hates rotation and wants to play in CM - we all know that.

I am sick of you and your cuntish ways. And likewise you are of me... fucking ignore me cos I am going to ignore you... fucking twat.

Fuck me, that's some spine-shivering shit, right there. I was never squeamish until we had kids and now I can't bear to hear anything like that (in a non-professional context).

My wife is a nurse, which helps, but she said she was going of gut instinct rather than anything else. You have to be willing to look stupid when the kid is up and running around an hour later. Stuff happening to your kids is the worst possible thing. At the same time our third kid, who was 2 months old was having an MRI scan to test for encephelitis. Added to that the fact that we were about to emigrate, so it was all a right hoot.

i had double pneumonia when i was 17 and the doc thought that was meningitis. dont remember much about it apart from being a miserable sod in an old peoples ward, about 4 days after i was admitted. Not really important to the story, but i like to get the violins out.

My wife is a nurse, which helps, but she said she was going of gut instinct rather than anything else. You have to be willing to look stupid when the kid is up and running around an hour later. Stuff happening to your kids is the worst possible thing. At the same time our third kid, who was 2 months old was having an MRI scan to test for encephelitis. Added to that the fact that we were about to emigrate, so it was all a right hoot.

My close mate took his one year old in for the flu/fever - the kid came back out with MRSA. Went back in again to get that looked at and died. They feel sick for even taking him in in the first place, Tragic.