You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Surely we just need to wang him in the general direction of the sun. A cannon might cost a bit. I say some sort of catapult would be more entertaining.

I thought of an alternative idea whilst in work today.

Remember when Jerzy arranged that plane to fly over Anfield with the "JERZY THANKS LFC FAMILY" banner behind it? Well, I was thinking that maybe a few of us could chip in with Baz and arrange for a "RAFA OUT - PLS SUPPORT CAMPAIGN" banner to be flown over Anfield during the match this weekend.

Obviously Baz would be allowed to go up in the plane since it's his campaign and as I used to be in the RAF cadets many years ago and have actually flown gliders and light aircraft (flying is pretty easy really, it's landing that takes a touch of skill) I'd be more than happy to accompany him for moral support. We could time it so that we fly over Anfield at half time to ensure we don't distract the players or anything and have the full attention of the fans.

Then by carefully calculating trajectories, velocities and the like, I could work out the appropriate time to jetison the banner and throw the snivelling WUM cunt right through the windscreen, hopefully ensuring that his bloodied remains impact the centre circle at terminal velocity. If I got really lucky I might even be able to land him in the away dugout, splattering Ferguson and Phelan with entrails and gore. Considering the amount of added time it would probably generate, even Ferguson would likely be happy with it after the shock wore off.

Ideally, I'd like a parachute in case Baz was unfortunately disembowelled by the propeller on his way out, he strikes me as the kind of selfish cunt that would damage my plane out of sheer fucking spite, but if that wasn't possible I could aim for JLA, or I could always ditch it into the sea as a last resort and take my chances. Maybe someone at the ground could be good enough to give the coastguard a quick ring at the moment of impact and arange a pick-up for me?

It's just a thought like.

Remember when Jerzy arranged that plane to fly over Anfield with the "JERZY THANKS LFC FAMILY" banner behind it? Well, I was thinking that maybe a few of us could chip in with Baz and arrange for a "RAFA OUT - PLS SUPPORT CAMPAIGN" banner to be flown over Anfield during the match this weekend.

Obviously Baz would be allowed to go up in the plane since it's his campaign and as I used to be in the RAF cadets many years ago and have actually flown gliders and light aircraft (flying is pretty easy really, it's landing that takes a touch of skill) I'd be more than happy to accompany him for moral support. We could time it so that we fly over Anfield at half time to ensure we don't distract the players or anything and have the full attention of the fans.

Then by carefully calculating trajectories, velocities and the like, I could work out the appropriate time to jetison the banner and throw the snivelling WUM cunt right through the windscreen, hopefully ensuring that his bloodied remains impact the centre circle at terminal velocity. If I got really lucky I might even be able to land him in the away dugout, splattering Ferguson and Phelan with entrails and gore. Considering the amount of added time it would probably generate, even Ferguson would likely be happy with it after the shock wore off.

Ideally, I'd like a parachute in case Baz was unfortunately disembowelled by the propeller on his way out, he strikes me as the kind of selfish cunt that would damage my plane out of sheer fucking spite, but if that wasn't possible I could aim for JLA, or I could always ditch it into the sea as a last resort and take my chances. Maybe someone at the ground could be good enough to give the coastguard a quick ring at the moment of impact and arange a pick-up for me?

loving this plan. Will chip in for airplane fuel.

I like the idea, but with our luck, the ref will probably not notice the bloody carcass on the pitch. The Mancs will attack, and the ball will deflect off dead-Baz into the net.

:wallbutt:

EDIT: hmm, 1000th post. And nearly 4 years to get there. Damn I'm slow ....

"When are people going to realise that a players transfer fee and his wages have very little to do with his actual quality."

How do you explain then that there is over a 90% correlation over the last 20 years in English football between wage rank & final finishing position?

Any chance of this being answered, Code?

I like the idea, but with our luck, the ref will probably not notice the bloody carcass on the pitch. The Mancs will attack, and the ball will deflect off dead-Baz into the net.

:wallbutt:

EDIT: hmm, 1000th post. And nearly 4 years to get there. Damn I'm slow ....

Mascherano will be sent off for protesting the decision and banned until bonfire night 2014, whilst Rafa will receive a six month touchline ban for raising a quizzical eyebrow at the fourth official.

In the post-match press conference, Ferguson will praise the ref (Mike Riley, making a special one-off return to officiating duties) for refusing to be swayed by the home crowd, describing Rafa's behaviour as "beyond the pale" and will later be spotted fellating Riley in his car as Wiley administers frankly brutal pegging.

I still think it might be worth the risk though.

Say again?

But more interestingly what about Barry?

Right fool , please give me a logical explanation of the following

"When are people going to realise that a players transfer fee and his wages have very little to do with his actual quality."

Rafa "valued " barry at a level he considered correct due to the fact that he thought barry was a lot keaner on the move to us than he was to the bank of MCFC, and as such thought he was in the bag. Barry went for the money , nobody forced him to join city, he chose to.

Once again, you prove that you know fuck all about Football.

Sorry to break this to you, but I probably know more about football than you and the next five genarations of your family ever will do.

I suggest everyone chip in with a tenner in lets say a Lucas fund, he will turn into a world beater at once I guess.

Happy days.

No, not really as its far more complex than players ability.

I`d like an answer to my cut down example of Barry though.

You mean "cut price" i assume ?

Look mate , its simple the better a player is - the more he costs .

If he gets near the end of his contract you can often get him for less.

I f the selling club digs its heels in he might cost more.

Can you tell me what the hidden complexities are please?

No, not really as its far more complex than players ability.

I`d like an answer to my cut down example of Barry though.

Barry does not become a better player because he is on more wages.

Like your hero Alonso, he is a player who was coveted by many different teams, including his previous employers & quite naturally & rationally chose to go to the 1 that paid him the most.

It does not take a genius to note that LadyBoy was the most effective player in the PL over the last 3 years.

He is therefore now playing for the top paying side in the world.

Players win football matchs & they go where they will earn the most, which means that the best payers ends up with the best players.

If all you had were secret names (team A, team B etc) with no knowledge of the actual players,the actual manager,fans,history or tactics you would be able to predict 90% of their finishing position in the PL simply from knowing the rank in which they pay wages.

Everything else explains less than 10%.

That result holds across vast quantities of data now (an excellent summary is in the 1st chapter of Kuper's latest book) & if you are clever enough to find a flaw in it, then good luck: you will make a great splash in the whole sports-economics field & finally find the fame in this sport that your knowledge have always deserved.

Sorry to break this to you, but I probably know more about football than you and the next five genarations of your family ever will do.

I suggest everyone chip in with a tenner in lets say a Lucas fund, he will turn into a world beater at once I guess.

Happy days.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Futher proof that you are a fucking mental act. I suppose you think you should be a professional Manager as well?

CONGRATULAIONS!!

"Well done sir. You have won one free ride on the Bazzapult. Step up, step up. Let's just fasten the safety straps about you. What? Oh, no sir, no need to worry, that 1cm patch of velcro that holds them together will do just fine. You're perfectly safe. Trust us."

CONGRATULAIONS!!

"Well done sir. You have won one free ride on the Bazzapult. Step up, step up. Let's just fasten the safety straps about you. What? Oh, no sir, no need to worry, that 1cm patch of velcro that holds them together will do just fine. You're perfectly safe. Trust us."

:P And it's always ready to go...

Can we at the very least stop spouting this '4 pts off' shit. unless of course its a 2 team table or the assumption is everyone else above us loses.

do we want to win the league or just finish above man u. if we win and celski win we will be 6 points of the top .not 4.

Which is why you should be managing a football team in the Premiership.

Why will nobody listen?

If your talent ends up being ignored and wasted I am almost certainly going to kill myself.

• 2 months later...