You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manager and Players and Owners all need to take responsibility. When all 3 are working back in harmony together then we will se progress.

The manager needs the backing of the owners, and the players need the backing of the manager. But also the Manager needs the backing of the players. They all need to believe in one and other. Come on lads. we back you. (execpt for those cunt stained owners)

Rafa is the least of our worries. The club is in turmoil and it seems rotten right through at the moment. Totally disillusioned with football in general at the moment.

Things will not change with a new manager - what manager would want to come and join us currently - it's a poisoned chalice at the moment.

Manager and Players and Owners all need to take responsibility. When all 3 are working back in harmony together then we will se progress.

The manager needs the backing of the owners, and the players need the backing of the manager. But also the Manager needs the backing of the players. They all need to believe in one and other. Come on lads. we back you. (execpt for those cunt stained owners)

And that above is very true. Everyone needs to take blame. Throwing one person on their sword will not make a difference.

There is no question that we have had very bad luck with having a bad spell and losing Torres, Gerrard, and our player of the season Johnson to injury, having Mascherano not his old self because he wants to leave because his wife doesn't like it here, and Alonso rightly or wrongly demanding a move a year after trying to be sold (and you know once he got his form back to make sure he didn't have to move to a shite team - thanks Xabi, could have done with that form the previous 2 years also). But we are also playing very badly and seem bereft of ideas. We could, and should have won last night, but once they scored you started getting worried. I still firmly believe that with Gerrard and Torres back on Sunday, we will win, but without them, we'll struggle to a draw. I say this because Utd have been no great shakes either but are getting the same luck we got at the start of last season.

We are in trouble though. And this need to change pronto. Losing our two best players (and 2 of the best in the World) could not have come at a worse time.

Completely unacceptable post at a time like this.Our problem is a lack of quality squad players. This is because THE YANKS HAVEN'T SPENT THE CASH This is not Rafas fault:telloff::telloff:

He has had 5 years to build a squad mate. No good blaming the yanks.

If our squad is thin there is only one person who can take responsibility for that.

If our squad is thin there is only one person who can take responsibility for that.

Not really.

We have a similar 1st team to the Chavs,Mancs or Arse so that costs the same.

Which means they have £70m, £35m or £10m extra to pay squad players every year which we don't.

The Mancs can match our 1st team spending & still afford roughly the equivalent of Torres&Gerrard (approx £9m per year each) on their bench twice.

Our squad is paper thin because we have to devote all our resources to the 1st team if we want that to be competitve.

At least it stops the nonsense of "no more squad players" when that was precisely the opposite of what we needed, but couldn't afford.

Fuck oof you prick you obviously havent got a clue about transfer dealings, Do you honestly think that rafa was going to bring in 11 world quality players in his first year and then they were all going to stay for the next 4 and we would have silverwear after silverwear?????

Look at Uniteds transfer dealings over the last 5 years. How many of these are still at the club- you MORON.

2003 (Summer)

Coming In

David Bellion - Sunderland to Manchester United (2 mil)

Eric Djemba-Djemba - Nantes to Manchester United (3.5 mil)

Tim Howard - MetroStars (MLS) to Manchester United (2.2 mil)

Cristiano Ronaldo - Sporting Lisbon to Manchester United (12.2 mil)

Kleberson - Atletico Paranaense to Manchester United (5.9 mil)

Going Out

David Beckham - Manchester United to Real Madrid (25 mil)

Juan Sebastian Veron - Manchester United to Chelsea (15 mil)

2004 (January)

Coming In

Louis Saha - Fulham to Manchester United (12.82 mil)

Going Out

Fabien Barthez - Manchester United to Olympique de Marseille (loan - released from contract and signed for OM in June 2004)

2004 (Summer)

Coming In

Alan Smith - Leeds United to Manchester United (7 mil)

Gabriel Heinze - Paris Saint-Germain to Manchester United (6.9 mil)

Wayne Rooney - Everton to Manchester United (27 mil)

Going Out

Nicky Butt - Manchester United to Newcastle United (2 mil)

Diego Forlan - Manchester United to Villareal (reportedly 3 mil)

2005 (January)

Coming In

None

Going Out

Eric Djemba-Djemba - Manchester United to Aston Villa (3.5 mil)

2005 (Summer)

Coming In

Edwin van der Sar - Fulham to Manchester United (undisclosed)

Park Ji-Sung - PSV Eindhoven to Manchester United (4 mil)

Going Out

Phil Neville - Manchester United to Everton (3 mil plus)

Kleberson - Manchester United to Besiktas (2.5 mil)

David Bellion - Manchester United to West Ham (season-long loan)

2006 (January)

Coming In

John Obi Mikel - Lyn to Manchester United (undisclosed)

Nemanja Vidic - Spartak Moscow to Manchester United (7 mil)

Patrice Evra - Monaco to Manchester United (5.5 mil)

Going Out

>David Bellion - Manchester United to Nice (6 month loan)

2006 (Summer)

Coming In

Michael Carrick - Tottenham Hotspurs to Manchester United (18.6 mil)

Tomasz Kuszczak - West Brom to Manchester United (swap)

Going Out

John Obi Mikel - Manchester United to Chelsea (12 mil)

Jonathan Spector - Manchester United to West Ham United (0.5 mil)

David Bellion - Manchester United to Nice (undisclosed)

Quinton Fortune - Manchester United to Bolton Wanderers (free)

Ruud van Nistelrooy - Manchester United to Real Madrid (10.2 mil)

Gerard Pique, Bardsley, Howard, Lee Martin and Ben Foster (out on loan)

January 2007 Transfers

In:

Henrik Larsson (loan, Helsingborgs)

Out:

Jonny Evans (loan, Sunderland)

David Jones (£1m, Derby)

Adam Eckersley (loan, Barnsley)

Phillip Bardsley (loan, Aston Villa)

Giuseppe Rossi (loan, Parma)

Danny Simpson (loan, Sunderland

Summer 2007 Transfers

In:

Owen Hargreaves (£17m, Bayern Munich)

Luis Carlos Almeida Nani (£14m, Sporting)

Carlos Alberto Tevez (loan, unattached)

Kieran Richardson (£5m, Sunderland

Out:

Tim Howard (£3m, Everton)

Floribert Ngalula (released)

Danny Rose (released)

Giuseppe Rossi (£6.7m, Villareal)

Alan Smith (£6m, Newcastle United)

Ryan Shawcross (loan till Jan 08, Stoke)

Gabriel Heinze (£8m, Real Madrid)

Craig Cathcart (loan till Jan 08, Antwerp)

January 2008 Transfers

In:

Mateus Alberto Manucho (undisclosed, Petro Athletico)

Fabio Da Silva (£5.2m combined fee with Rafael Da Silva, Fluminese)

Rafael da Silva (£5.2m combined fee with Fabio Da Silva, Fluminese)

Out:

Kieran Lee (loan, Queens Park Rangers)

Adam Eckersley (free, Port Vale)

Fraizer Campbell (loan, Hull City)

Phillip Bardsley (£2m, Sunderland)

Darron Gibson (loan, Wolves)

Jonny Evans (loan, Sunderland)

Ryan Shawcross (£1m-2m, Stoke City)

Lee Martin (loan, Sheffield United)

Febian Brandy (loan, Swansea

Summer 2008 Transfers

In:

Dimitar Berbatov (£30.75m + Fraizer Campbell on loan, Tottenham)

Out:

Kieran Lee (free, Oldham)

Gerard Piqué (£6m, Barcelona)

Febian Brandy (loan, Swansea)

Chris Eagles (£1.25m, Burnley)

Danny Simpson (loan, Blackburn)

Craig Cathcart (loan, Plymouth)

Lee Martin (loan, Nottingham Forest)

Mikael Silvestre (£750k, Arsenal)

Louis Saha (undisclosed, Everton)

Fraizer Campbell (loan, Tottenham

January 2009 Transfers

In:

Zoran Tosic (undisclosed, Partizan Belgrade)

Adem Ljajic (undisclosed, Partizan Belgrade)

Ritchie De Laet (undisclosed, Stoke City

Out:

David Gray (loan, Plymouth)

Adem Ljajic (loan, Partizan Belgrade)

Sam Hewson (loan, Hereford)

Mateus Alberto Manucho (loan, Hull)

Tom Cleverley (loan, Leicester)

James Chester (loan, Peterborough)

United Summer Transfers 2009

In:

Luis Antonio Valencia (undisclosed, Wigan Athletic)

Michael Owen (free, Newcastle United)

Gabriel Obertan (£3m, Bordeaux)

Mame Biram Diouf (undisclosed, Molde)

Out:

Carlos Alberto Tevez (released, Manchester City)

Cristiano Ronaldo (£80m, Real Madrid)

Rodrigo Possebon (loan, Sporting Braga)

Fraizer Campbell (£3.5m, Sunderland)

Richard Eckersley (undisclosed, Burnley)

Mateus Alberto Manucho (undisclosed, Valladolid)

Mame Biram Diouf (loan, Molde)

Danny Simpson (loan, Newcastle United)

Come back with some stats for your arguments dont just fucking say shit!

Fuck oof you prick you obviously havent got a clue about transfer dealings, Do you honestly think that rafa was going to bring in 11 world quality players in his first year and then they were all going to stay for the next 4 and we would have silverwear after silverwear?????

Look at Uniteds transfer dealings over the last 5 years. How many of these are still at the club- you MORON.

!

Me thinks you best wind yer neck in lad.

Who mentioned United. Have a look at Lyon or Sunderland before you start hurling insults around you internet turbomong.

There's a huge black cloud hovering over the club at the moment. Some people think that will lift with Rafa's sacking, but for me it will remain in place until those 2 sheisters disappear for good. I hold out no hope for a decent replacement if Rafa is relieved of his duties, and anyone coming into the club would be trying to manage with one hand tied behind their back with no changes at the top.

Rafa has made mistakes and I have hated his politics at times as it has been destabilising, but from a managerial point of view he has has been a big success and really moved us forward. As bad as it has been lately, we are nowhere near as bad as we were at the end of the reigns of Souness, Evans and Houllier. Some of you need to get some backbone and support the team and manager through this current crisis.

I'm listening to Tequila Sunrise by the Eagles having been the match, sat with the booing Wooltras in the Annie Road and watched 4 and a half years of Rafas work. I'm at peace with myself knowing that an inevitable hiding is coming our way this Sunday.

I want to especially thank George Gillett, Tom Hicks and Rafael Benitez for making me hate following my team. But I will do anyway because it's what I'm born and bred to do.

It can't get any worse.

Other than being in the ko, and swapping tequila sunrise for classic fm (the first time i've ever listened to classic fm) that is me.

I was thinking all the drive home last night of what i was going to post on here, and i re-wrote it in my head loads of times, but basically it was that.

I am so fed up with it all, but i'll be there on saturday, i'll still be singing my heart out, and I'll still probably feel like this again on monday morning.

fuck, things need to change. I've never felt like this about footie before, I've always had the blind faith somewhere inside, but right now, optimism is something i am severely lacking.

There's a huge black cloud hovering over the club at the moment. Some people think that will lift with Rafa's sacking, but for me it will remain in place until those 2 sheisters disappear for good. I hold out no hope for a decent replacement if Rafa is relieved of his duties, and anyone coming into the club would be trying to manage with one hand tied behind their back with no changes at the top.

Rafa has made mistakes and I have hated his politics at times as it has been destabilising, but from a managerial point of view he has has been a big success and really moved us forward. As bad as it has been lately, we are nowhere near as bad as we were at the end of the reigns of Souness, Evans and Houllier. Some of you need to get some backbone and support the team and manager through this current crisis.

I agree with you and even more worrying is the fact that we have two monkeys at the helm who have absolutely no clue whatsoever as to who the best replacement for rafa would be .

I have never felt so worried for LFC as i do today

Rafa has been shafted over money of that there is no doubt , he mentioned yesterday that he wanted a 4th signing that could have been really good , but he went no further with the statement.

If Rafa goes or is pushed then we will be in the deepest shit we have been in for years.

This is the kind of simplistic stuff I see from facebook people with their titles of “JOHN SMITH says Rafa out”

There is so much more to such a simple line as above. Chelsea, Man Utd, and now Man City decide they need a winger or striker so they shop around for the very best. (Keep in mind that the Mancs failed in bids for Benzame and Ribery this summer). There is very little danger in signings like that. Ask Rafa to do up a list of his top winger and attacking targets and he can’t get any of them and has to shop for the next level, or two levels down and hope one manages to take a step up and become really good. Nearly every single signing is a huge risk as there is more often than not the chance he will fail when trying to be at the very highest level. So because of that a lot of players will always come and go as very rarely will someone step up like Bennayoun has when not bough for £30m+. Mancs, City and Chelsea get to do this all the time and it is a shit load easier to just pick from the top table.

I think a lot of Liverpool fans forget that we are trying to sign players that will make us the very best team in Europe. Not 4th or 5th, but league and European Champions. To try and do that when you have can only shop for the lower prices is almost impossible. This squad has, for the most part, been put together on a shoe string when talking about the top top clubs looking to win the European Cup. To suggest our squad is solely down to Rafa is blinkered rubbish. I can 100% guarantee you that if Rafa had Chelseas, Man Utds or Man Citys cheque book, then our squad would look very very different.

I think we're going to see a total different side Sunday. Reckon we'll fly out at them from the start. Although we're in awful form, I don't believe they are that good and are there to be beaten if we attack them. Could do with Stevie and Nando back too obviously, but if they're not there then fuck it, we'll have to do it without them as we did last season. We as fans need to play a massive part. Cannot fuckin wait, let's have the cunts!

Why should we see a different side on Sunday? It'll comprise of the same players who started last night, bar for 1 or 2 changes.

Why should we fly at the mancs from the start on Sunday but we can't fly at the likes of Sunderland and Lyon from the start?

When the players pull on that red jersey that should be more than enough to make them fly at any team but suddenly because its the mancs people should up their game. Pisses me right off.

I'm not gettin at you Randy because I believe this will happen we will fly at the mancs, but it shouldn't be like that.

I'm completely demoralised at the minute, owners shafting us, a squad that has babel and voronin as our only options on the bench, and a game against the mancs looming.

Having to explain the American charlatans running this club into the ground to others - fair enough - however the sports press could do more to highlight this but they're useless sycophants duly obliging the clubs with the biggest trough - but the ignorance of some Liverpool fans screaming for Rafa's head is infuriating.

The man has no money to spend - Jesus even Birmingham City have been told they've got about 40 mill - according to the newspapers - come January. And Rafa can have 20 mill a year for the next 5 fucking years - because of the massive debt these 2 bastards saddled LFC with. It's a directive from RBS - how fucking great is that?

Well I for one could understand that getting any, any manager down. So if Rafa chooses to get out of the straightjacket he has to work within - who'd blame him?

So the media might not like the tone of our attitude towards the owners - and some don't - so what - no other club has achieved what we have - on a level and more decent playing field.

It's time to get offensive - time to get the message over - or we're going down the pan.

It's a watershed.

I'm no fairweather fan neither - I've been around for decades.

To be fair, the owners haven't anything to do with our slump. How could they? If the players we have are influenced, or affected by the 'situation' with the owners, then they need to have a word with themselves.

They have a simple task that is very clear - play to the best of their abilities, in the role in which they are instructed to do it. Now they may not be in their best position, or possess ability, but it doesn't get any simpler than that. What the owners have to do with that, is beyond me.

If any player is using the fans dislike or the owners as an excuse to themselves, well good night and good luck; not fit to wear the red.

This is a slump, with a few mitigating circumstances: missing men, missing tactics and missing moral etc. Let's not get caught up with the whole lazy "Yanks Out" campaign. It's undignified, even on internet forums.

We all felt and heard the collective groan when Benayoun was subbed off - was this down to the owners?

We do have shyster-owners, but they have nothing to do with the slump. We have lost very winnable games with the player we do have.

We got beat by Sunderland and Aston Villa. What's their 'net-spend', compared to ours?? What's Fiorentina's and Lyon's? How long are their managers in their job?

So what am I saying? It's just a slump, due to some self-inflicted actions. I'm clearly not saying sack Rafa, as it's his first real trial since he came. But let's not keep bleating on about the owners.

Edited by aiyic

This is the kind of simplistic stuff I see from facebook people with their titles of “JOHN SMITH says Rafa out”

There is so much more to such a simple line as above. Chelsea, Man Utd, and now Man City decide they need a winger or striker so they shop around for the very best. (Keep in mind that the Mancs failed in bids for Benzame and Ribery this summer). There is very little danger in signings like that. Ask Rafa to do up a list of his top winger and attacking targets and he can’t get any of them and has to shop for the next level, or two levels down and hope one manages to take a step up and become really good. Nearly every single signing is a huge risk as there is more often than not the chance he will fail when trying to be at the very highest level. So because of that a lot of players will always come and go as very rarely will someone step up like Bennayoun has when not bough for £30m+. Mancs, City and Chelsea get to do this all the time and it is a shit load easier to just pick from the top table.

I think a lot of Liverpool fans forget that we are trying to sign players that will make us the very best team in Europe. Not 4th or 5th, but league and European Champions. To try and do that when you have can only shop for the lower prices is almost impossible. This squad has, for the most part, been put together on a shoe string when talking about the top top clubs looking to win the European Cup. To suggest our squad is solely down to Rafa is blinkered rubbish. I can 100% guarantee you that if Rafa had Chelseas, Man Utds or Man Citys cheque book, then our squad would look very very different.

I say again mate who mentioned United or Chelsea.

5 years and a lot of money later our squad is weaker than the top 6 or seven teams never mind the champions.

You may choose to ignore the fact that we have no adequate cover for virtually any of the first team. I see that as an indictment of the current manger.

Great post. Simple thing people don't get is that in the past season or two Rafa has looked to improve the first XI. In doing this the squad has become weaker, but with everyone fit there's no one better as last season proved. It's a compromise all the time for him that his rivals (who people expect him to compete with) don't have to contend with. I've said it before, people are expecting a title winning side on a relegation budget, these past 2/3 windows especially.

Why should we see a different side on Sunday? It'll comprise of the same players who started last night, bar for 1 or 2 changes.

Why should we fly at the mancs from the start on Sunday but we can't fly at the likes of Sunderland and Lyon from the start?

When the players pull on that red jersey that should be more than enough to make them fly at any team but suddenly because its the mancs people should up their game. Pisses me right off.

I'm not gettin at you Randy because I believe this will happen we will fly at the mancs, but it shouldn't be like that.

I'm completely demoralised at the minute, owners shafting us, a squad that has babel and voronin as our only options on the bench, and a game against the mancs looming.

When I say a different side I don't necessarily mean loads of different players. I mean a change in attitude from the first whistle. I'm not saying it is right or defending them, but it's the nature of the beast with Liverpool. I do agree with what you've said in the rest of the post mate, but I honestly think the manc game will come as a blessing in disguise. It really can be a catalyst to the rest of the season, the team can silence everyone in one swoop. No one will be able to hide on Sunday.

I say again mate who mentioned United or Chelsea.

5 years and a lot of money later our squad is weaker than the top 6 or seven teams never mind the champions.

You may choose to ignore the fact that we have no adequate cover for virtually any of the first team. I see that as an indictment of the current manger.

But mate, how can you not consider Chelsea or United when it is those team's we are being expected to challenge with and beat?

I say again mate who mentioned United or Chelsea.5 years and a lot of money later our squad is weaker than the top 6 or seven teams never mind the champions.

I did, because that's who we are competing with. To ignore them as referance points is daft. Look what happens to Arsenal with a few injuries. They are in the same boat as us.

But mate, how can you not consider Chelsea or United when it is those team's we are being expected to challenge with and beat?

Of course mate but I think we are more at the spurs, villa level. Against whom with this squad we will struggle.

Yes I think Rafa is a great manager and a top bloke but a blind man on a galloping horse can see our squad is no where near strong enough.

Over 5 years we have had enough cash to at least be in a stronger position than we are now.

Yes the owners have a responsibility but the buck stops with the Boss. It's his team with his players and they ain't good enough.