You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lets just try and knock real out and beat sunderland and get within 4 points of united. Then lets beat them at Old Trafford and see where we are. We may not win the title but lets not give up! United may capitulate, we just dont know.

When have they ever capitulated? Old Trafford fills me with dread, it will be their 18 Times celebration party, and even if we win they need to lose another 2 or 3

For the sake of the argument, if you were right, what point are you trying to make?

He's negative.

There's so many instances in each and every game where your left wondering why a player hasn't made that run, why the winger didn't move inside there to open up the play, where are the two cetre-mids breaking from deep?

Really basic things you see with nearly all the other top sides. We're not even doing it "wrong" we're just not doing it full stop. Thats what gets me most of all. I can understand things taking time and all that, but if there are signs to begin with.

i think we have built the squad and now we need to add the two or three world class players in the gerrard and torres bracket

Rafa may be negative but if the players had taken their chances this season. We creat more than enough chances we just need a better standard of attacking player. The defence have also been poor at times this season which is unusual

• 7 months later...

Unfortunately our hands are completely tied with the stupid contract the Yanks gave Rafa.

As always it has to be a case of wait & see but to be completely honest I have never, ever taken to Rafa ceratainly not the way a lot of Liverpool fans have done. I think he's a great coach (not sure about manager though) but i find his stubborness and inability to learn from basic mistakes a massive handicapp. He's better than Ged was but he's making/made them same mistakes he did.

I'm pretty fed up of the football now tbh. Without Gerrard and Torres we're decidedly average to say the least. There's no spark anywhere else in the squad to put these shite sides to the sword.

Fullbacks, rarely overlap. Centre-mids aren't allowed leave their zones and join in the attacks. Wingers(Babel and Kuyt) with zero footballing ability, cant cross, cant control a ball, zero vision, thats £20m right there on those two folks.

I like Rafa. He's unquestionably a good coach, but extremely limited. We simply wont win a League Title under such a negative thinking coach.

god knows i've gone back and forth on this. But i think i'm back to here.

I really like the man, feel a great deal of affection towards him and don't like seeing him getting ripped to shreds fro mall angles, BUT, i simply do not think he is capable of doing the job at hand. Too many poor buys, too stubborn in his selections of Kuyt and now Carra.

There's more but i simply can't be arsed. Fed up with him, the squad, the press, the owners.

Rafa has my full support as manager because the owners have to go first

However once the owners have gone I am beginning to wonder If Rafa can ever recover from this.

Ofcourse he can, and he will. Get our main men back and let's get on with it. Tonight needs fucking off out the system now. We've been through worse than this under Rafa and came out the other end.

Two arguments:

(1) Rafa has pissed away a lot of money given to him and bought some utter shite.

(2) The owners are holding us back with lack of funds given to Rafa.

I'm somewhere in between the two, but closer to the first statement.

Rafa doesn't have any excuses any more and has hidden behind the owners excuse for far too long in my humble opinion.

Apart from last season when we started playing proper football after we let the Manc cunts overhaul our lead, we've been fucking woeful to watch. Without Stevie and Torres bits of magic in games, we're relegation fodder.

I'd never thought I'd say this, but Carra has to be dropped too.

Ofcourse he can, and he will. Get our main men back and let's get on with it. Tonight needs fucking off out the system now. We've been through worse than this under Rafa and came out the other end.

No we haven't. First time we have lost 4 games on a trot in 22 years.