You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Of course mate but I think we are more at the spurs, villa level. Against whom with this squad we will struggle.

Yes I think Rafa is a great manager and a top bloke but a blind man on a galloping horse can see our squad is no where near strong enough.

Over 5 years we have had enough cash to at least be in a stronger position than we are now.

Yes the owners have a responsibility but the buck stops with the Boss. It's his team with his players and they ain't good enough.

But he bought them with the yanks budget.

At a club like ours we should be spending 40million a season plus whatever we recoup from sales in the summer . We wont win the league withiout it.

I just dont understand why people dont get that .

Having to explain the American charlatans running this club into the ground to others - fair enough - however the sports press could do more to highlight this but they're useless sycophants duly obliging the clubs with the biggest trough - but the ignorance of some Liverpool fans screaming for Rafa's head is infuriating.

The man has no money to spend - Jesus even Birmingham City have been told they've got about 40 mill - according to the newspapers - come January. And Rafa can have 20 mill a year for the next 5 fucking years - because of the massive debt these 2 bastards saddled LFC with. It's a directive from RBS - how fucking great is that?

Well I for one could understand that getting any, any manager down. So if Rafa chooses to get out of the straightjacket he has to work within - who'd blame him?

So the media might not like the tone of our attitude towards the owners - and some don't - so what - no other club has achieved what we have - on a level and more decent playing field.

It's time to get offensive - time to get the message over - or we're going down the pan.

It's a watershed.

I'm no fairweather fan neither - I've been around for decades.

I agree. However, the real reason behind the current situation is not a sexy story for the media and the simpletons who soak up this stuff. The current agenda of Rafa is crap and must go is about as much as most of them can comprehend. BBC News this morning reported our game – the main focus was Rafa is under pressure and the fans are turning on him. Was there any coverage of us missing some key influential players, or that Gerard limped off, or that we had a 19 year old playing in only his second game? No, none of this was mentioned. Next story – Alex Ferguson, missing 5 first team regulars due to injury, is preparing his team for the very difficult task of playing on the plastic pitch in Moscow.

But he bought them with the yanks budget.

At a club like ours we should be spending 40million a season plus whatever we recoup from sales in the summer . We wont win the league withiout it.

I just dont understand why people dont get that .

Win the league? We will struggle for a top four spot. Really struggle.

I say again mate who mentioned United or Chelsea.

5 years and a lot of money later our squad is weaker than the top 6 or seven teams never mind the champions.

You may choose to ignore the fact that we have no adequate cover for virtually any of the first team. I see that as an indictment of the current manger.

What would you have done with the £84m he has spent? By your responses you would clearly go for quantity over quality?

Of course mate but I think we are more at the spurs, villa level. Against whom with this squad we will struggle.

Yes I think Rafa is a great manager and a top bloke but a blind man on a galloping horse can see our squad is no where near strong enough.

Over 5 years we have had enough cash to at least be in a stronger position than we are now.

Yes the owners have a responsibility but the buck stops with the Boss. It's his team with his players and they ain't good enough.

We punched above our weight last season. This led fair-weather fans to expect a challenge this season. Had we signed Silva and off-loaded a couple of players to bring in a decent back-up striker, then this season could have been very different. Someone earlier in the thread summed it up perfectly by describing the Yanks approach as a gamble. They thought Rafa would still pull them through by gambling on using the transfer money to placate RBS over the debt. If our objective is to finish 5th every year and compete with Spurs and Villa then Rafa would have no doubt approached his transfers in a different way (he also probably would have moved on to a more ambitious club). If our objective is to consistently challenge for the title and compete at the highest level in Europe then we are not going to do that with the current owners taking money out of the club to pay their debts.

Those two haven't reached 70 points in the last 20 years, so how can we be at their level? It was only 6 months ago we were humiliating Real Madrid and spanking the Mancs in our biggest win there in years. Of the players involved in those games we have lost Alonso, Hyypia and Arbeloa, the first two are a big miss granted but Arbeloa has been replaced by a far superior player. If our current run turns into a full blown crisis we'll learn soon enough, but I believe we will turn the situation around given time, though it may be too late for our CL campaign unfortunately.

Fuck knows. I'm not a football manager. Ask Steve Bruce, Roy Hodgson, Arry Rednapp or Pako. They would have a better idea than me.

This is what Bruce would have done - Bent or Torres? Cattermole or Masch? Agger or Turner? Who would you take from those? He spent £25m over the summer (Rafa was given zero net to spend).

Can we really gamble by waiting to see if rafa comes good? I don't for one moment that we have any say in it, and I don't think the yanks will do anything untill it's too late. But the bottom line is, if we finnish outside the top 4 next summer the yanks will sell Torres in a blink to pay the bills.

Can we really gamble by waiting to see if rafa comes good? I don't for one moment that we have any say in it, and I don't think the yanks will do anything untill it's too late. But the bottom line is, if we finnish outside the top 4 next summer the yanks will sell Torres in a blink to pay the bills.

Its fuck all to do with Rafa.

The owners are a pair of leeches. our debt is costing more in interest every year than the club makes.

We are on the slide and will be until we get rid of the pair of scummers who own us.

If Rafa went it would only hasten our decline.

so - to all those who want Rafa to go - who is going to come in and settle for a budget of 20 miilion pounds a year for players for the next 5 years?

And which of you actually has the ability to tackle that question?

And which of you are ignorant of how badly this club is being run by 2 charlatans who have only ever seen it as a vehicle for leveraging their fucking monumnetal debts?

So in your fucking knee jerk short term vision - fuck off - you're too fucking stupid to consider an issue thoroughly.

Any crisis has been brought about by the owners.

Guest The Chimp

We've got no fucking money!!!!!!!! How can we sack him and replace him? We win against the Mancs and we're four points off. We're still in with a chance of getting through the group stages easily - it's in our own hands. He took of Bennayoun (sp) at 1-1. With our two real goal threats injured Benitez might have seen the draw as OK and looked towards the League - you know like loads on here have fucking moaned should be his priority - and the game against the Mancs. Am I happy with Benitez? Not especially, and for all my "if" we win this weekend, and "if" we win in France and at Anfield against the Italians are by no means assured, but let's not throw in the towel yet eh? There are two cunts coming over from the States at the weekend who should be the focal point, not a decent man. Most clued in fans in the world? Special? Like fuck.

* Don't take this as a personal attack on you Magellano.

Edit: Only just seen the threads below Magellano's - some good points raised.

Not only have we lost our last 4 games, the future doesn't exactly look rosy does it? there is a long way to go this season, but due to our chronic lack of options from the bench, this is fast becoming the most depressing season in a while. People can continue to defend a manager who has won the champions league and an FA cup, and to a point they are right, they were both great achievments, but can we honestly keep on defending a manager who has had money, admitedly not as much as other top clubs, but enough to have players of a higher calibre than the shower currently coming off the bench, but continues to fall behind the mancs and chelsea season after season? Minimum requirement LAST season was to finish second, this season it is to finish top, which looks like that won't be happening. So I ask the question, are we happy to back a manager that continually fails to win trophies? bearing in mind if the mancs win the league this season they will have over taken us as the countrys most successful club in terrms of league titles. and that CANNOT be allowed to happen, but i fear with rafa still in charge, it is fast becoming a chilling reality.

If the criticism is that our squad should be stronger than it currently is, after 5 years of Benitez, then I fail to see how replacing him now will change things. We will still have Babel, Voronin and N'gog on the bench.

I would think that it makes more sense to wait until the end of the season, take stock of where we are in the league, whether we've qualified for the CL etc and then make a decision on whether Benitez should stay or go.

If we miss out on the CL, and fire him, the new manager will need funding for his own transfer targets. Where will that come from? Do we sell Torres for 70million? Then what happens? We slide a 40m envelope to RBS, a 20m envelope to Benitez, we're left with 10million plus whatever else we get from Mascherano and others. Do we really see that going to the new manager? Isn't it more likely that cash will be kept in reserve for the next years RBS payment?

It's going to be a difficult decision for the management to make. Benitez has to find a way to progress to the knockout stage in the CL this season and qualify for it the next.

As a club we should never have been put in this position. There's a lot of blame to go around for sure, but I'd much rather support the people who turn up and work hard everyday, than those who fly in occasionally and lie through their teeth at every available opportunity.

so - to all those who want Rafa to go - who is going to come in and settle for a budget of 20 miilion pounds a year for players for the next 5 years?

And which of you actually has the ability to tackle that question?

And which of you are ignorant of how badly this club is being run by 2 charlatans who have only ever seen it as a vehicle for leveraging their fucking monumnetal debts?

So in your fucking knee jerk short term vision - fuck off - you're too fucking stupid to consider an issue thoroughly.

Any crisis has been brought about by the owners.

This is certainly not knee jerk.

I don't see any room for optimism. The squad is paper thin. You cannot blame injuries to Torres when he has a history of it and the best you are bringing in is Ngog or Voronin.

At least if Sunderland loose Bent they have Jones.

Not only have we lost our last 4 games, the future doesn't exactly look rosy does it? there is a long way to go this season, but due to our chronic lack of options from the bench, this is fast becoming the most depressing season in a while. People can continue to defend a manager who has won the champions league and an FA cup, and to a point they are right, they were both great achievments, but can we honestly keep on defending a manager who has had money, admitedly not as much as other top clubs, but enough to have players of a higher calibre than the shower currently coming off the bench, but continues to fall behind the mancs and chelsea season after season? Minimum requirement LAST season was to finish second, this season it is to finish top, which looks like that won't be happening. So I ask the question, are we happy to back a manager that continually fails to win trophies? bearing in mind if the mancs win the league this season they will have over taken us as the countrys most successful club in terrms of league titles. and that CANNOT be allowed to happen, but i fear with rafa still in charge, it is fast becoming a chilling reality.

If we have the 5th highest wage bill and the 5th most expensive squad then do you think this is realistic?

we finished second last year and rafa sholud have been given the money to be able to bring in who he wanted but with them shower of cunts in charge it,s never going to happen. there is no one out there who would do a better job than rafa in the current circumstances we where without our 3 best players and we still aquallni to come back do people really think he wanted to bring voronin back lets judge him at the end of the season but the team does need investment carragher for me is finished and the likes of insua and lucas im sorry just are not good enough to compete.