You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Garcia

Duncan Clench

We beat Bordeaux, got three points and are likely to progress into the next round.

I'm happy about that.

Now at the risk of being shouted down, can I have a moan about Garcia please?!?

The guy infuriates me. How many times does he give the ball away in a game?! Why does he get picked on that 'off-chance' the he'll produce something 'special'? I haven't seen much of the 'special' for along time and I think he needs to be dropped. Hard.

He's a waste of a player. Any bit of magic is offset against woeful distribution, weak tackling, an inability to keep posession under a challenge. In the Galatasaray game it was his lack of defensive awareness that was exploited on numerous occasions, eventually leading to 2 goals and some skid-mark action in my keks for the last 20 minutes.

Love the guy, but can't stand him.

You can have a go at me for being negative in the wake of a good result. I don't care. This isn't knee-jerking, he's been playing badly for months.

you must watch a different footballer. he had a decent game last night i thought. his movement off the ball was fantastic, he pulls players around everywhere. he's work rate is 1st rate and he's one of the few players we have who can make things happen. as for he can't tackle, i don't give a fuck to be honest. he's not in there to do that - he's in there as a creative spark in the team. does he do it all the time? of course not, he'd be one of the best players in the world if he did. but he's worth a place in the team everyweek for me - who would you have picked last night instead? pennant?

He hasn't played much recently.

A better post would have been to come on and complement how well Finnan has played this season regardless of whose in front of him.

Garcia is the type of player you have in your side for the sublime bit of play he can produce, and accept the errors when it goes wrong.

We beat Bordeaux, got three points and are likely to progress into the next round.

I'm happy about that.

The guy infuriates me. How many times does he give the ball away in a game?! Why does he get picked on that 'off-chance' the he'll produce something 'special'? I haven't seen much of the 'special' for along time and I think he needs to be dropped. Hard.

He's a waste of a player. Any bit of magic is offset against woeful distribution, weak tackling, an inability to keep posession under a challenge. In the Galatasaray game it was his lack of defensive awareness that was exploited on numerous occasions, eventually leading to 2 goals and some skid-mark action in my keks for the last 20 minutes.

Love the guy, but can't stand him.

You can have a go at me for being negative in the wake of a good result. I don't care. This isn't knee-jerking, he's been playing badly for months.

You don't like puppies, and you dont like Christmas!

I also thought he was ok. Nothing fantastic. I was greatly releived to see himthere instead of Pennant, who has been abysmal recently. Wee Luis always looks capable and is a proven performer. I just think that he seems to be more effective when coming on as a sub as he tends to have a plan after watching from the sidelines. I like him and hope he plays on Sunday

Bit odd to criticise Garcia on last nights game for losing the ball - none of the midfield kept the ball - Zenden, Alonso, Gonzalez all failed to keep possession why pick out Garcia?

None of the other three have played well all season, so its not even like its one off.

Of all of our midfield only Garcia looked like he could spark us into life.

Post says more about your attitude to Garcia than it does about his performance last night.

Im sorry...but no you can`t! ;)

The thing about Garcia is that no matter how frustrating he can be, i believe we are a better team with him in the side than without him. Pennant has been given a very good chance to stake his claim for the right wing spot, but so far failed to capitalize. In the games were Garcia has started, or been brought on as a sub he has improved the team. The lack of balance was a problem against Galatasaray, with him and Aurelio an accident waiting to happen defensively. But going forward they were a joy to watch.

Im sorry...but no you can`t! ;)

The thing about Garcia is that no matter how frustrating he can be, i believe we are a better team with him in the side than without him. Pennant has been given a very good chance to stake his claim for the right wing spot, but so far failed to capitalize. In the games were Garcia has started, or been brought on as a sub he has improved the team. The lack of balance was a problem against Galatasaray, with him and Aurelio an accident waiting to happen defensively. But going forward they were a joy to watch.

He makes things happen. At the moment he's the only creative spark we've got. Stevie's ideaof creativity at the mo is to bomb forward and until he settles down and regains his form it looks like Luis is all we got.

Pennant and Gonzalez appear to be outright wingers and nothing else.

Rather have him in the side than out of it.

Has the ability to open defences and produce that magic that we lack. So what if he gives the ball away, players like him always will because they aren't afraid to try something different. Take that out of him and reduce him to a safe and steady player and you lose whats great about him.

I should reiterate that I'm not just talking about his performance last night, and not just this season either. Last night everyone was giving the ball away.

I see a lot of people saying that he's the one who can do something special, but the number of times his mis-placed passes get us in the shit when we're bombing forward are not worth the magic moments every 6 months. Give someone a decent run in the team on either flank and we'd be a better TEAM I feel.

I honestly believe we're better without him. Gerrard is 1st choice on the right. Garcia is last resort for me. Nice option to have on the bench though.

And no, I don't like Christmas! But I love puppies. Any sort really.

I can't stand Garcia, but I really don't want to get into the debate about him. You either like him or you don't. The derby made my mind up on him. I do agree that he does produce that one bit of magic once in every 10 games but I can't see and feel affection for him that some people on here do. I can't remember thinking to myself after a game "Garcia was boss today!".