You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your best Club night.

drewy

As a seasoned clubber, now retired. (Back off NP, this is about drugs, drink, dance and social interaction.) I have many, many quality memories from all around the country.

Cream, Ministry, Home, Slinky, Passion, Golden, Turnmills, Cultural vibes and not forgetting the festival type events Universe, Tribal Gathering, Fantazia, Obsession etc.

As the saying goes "There can be only one" and for me it has to be "The Quad". I could go on for ever and a day about that magic and mystical time we had, sufficed to say it was just that. Proper house music, when the rest of the country was immersed in the remnants of acid house and upcoming hardcore and jungle. I was proud as a scouser that Liverpool was leading the way along with a few other underground clubs around the country.

So come on people share your best club nights. Dance, Hardcore, Rock, Metal, Indie, Folk, Country it doesn't matter. Share the wealth.

Quad link below, clip 1 was the Quad on a quiet night!

http://www.quadrantpark.com/video.php

If by club night you mean a regular night at a particular venue, then I never really went to any on a regular basis. Since I've been old enough to get into clubs I've never lived anywhere with a really good club scene, bar six months or so in London when I was too skint to go out regularly. I feel like I missed out in that sense.

My best one-off night was LTJ Bukem at Loughborough Students Union in 1997, my final year at uni. It was especially memorable as there was usually nothing but shite on there, but that night it fucking rocked.

As a seasoned clubber, now retired. (Back off NP, this is about drugs, drink, dance and social interaction.) I have many, many quality memories from all around the country.

Cream, Ministry, Home, Slinky, Passion, Golden, Turnmills, Cultural vibes and not forgetting the festival type events Universe, Tribal Gathering, Fantazia, Obsession etc.

As the saying goes "There can be only one" and for me it has to be "The Quad". I could go on for ever and a day about that magic and mystical time we had, sufficed to say it was just that. Proper house music, when the rest of the country was immersed in the remnants of acid house and upcoming hardcore and jungle. I was proud as a scouser that Liverpool was leading the way along with a few other underground clubs around the country.

So come on people share your best club nights. Dance, Hardcore, Rock, Metal, Indie, Folk, Country it doesn't matter. Share the wealth.

Quad link below, clip 1 was the Quad on a quiet night!

http://www.quadrantpark.com/video.php

Ah the Quad. 7 minutes walk from my house but I was just a bit too young. Got in once though 'Gotta Have House' was playin.

It was probably a lot later before I really appreciated a great nite though.

Summer 1995 in The State. Monster Jam I believe. The 1st time I ever went. I was terrified of the some of the 'eds in there. I wont name names but those of you who used to go know the 'family' and their crew I'm on about. We'd had some beef with them and I knew it was suicidal goin in there but a few birds from by ours got me to go with them and I fancied one of them rotten. She was sexy as fuck, a year older than me and had legs like Salma Hayek in Dusk Til Dawn (Hiya Sadie). As I walked in my arse was twitching like Siralex on a motorway.

"Knocker" on the door give one of the girls the nod and in we went. I stood there in my best Moto striped grandad shirt, Sonnetti jeans and ellesse shoes. It was like something out of a Dali painting. The most fucking awesome light show I'd ever seen with speakers like tanks with every fucking scamp in the city goin mental.

Lee Butler is a bit of a has been now but by god him, Mark Simon, Ste McGhee were fucking awesome that nite. The sweat dripped off the ceiling and the women were incredible. So many sassy brassy scally birds dressed in very little with bodies that'd give Hugh Hefner a heart attack.

I hid in the far left hand corner with all the Bootle eds and danced me legs off. The girls were on the tablets but the strongest thing I had that nite was 1 bottle of lager. Didnt need drugs.

By 2 am I was drenched in sweat, physically exhausted but was swaggering round like a Don. The bird I fancied had spent the last hour writhing and grinding on me (to House music an all. She mustve been off it!) before necking the gob off me for what seemed like eternity. The 'eds hadn't spotted me and the dreaded trip to the mens bogs that resemble the steerage section of the Titanic became less and less harrowing as the night wore on. Who would want to fight when you could dance and get onto birds?

As the strains of Oomph there it is faded out, the lights went up and it looked like the living dead were in the house.

Needless to say there was a scuffle outside between a few lads. Someone threatened a comeback and it was time to bail.

That was the nite I really fell in love with clubbing.

Being a bit younger than all you's old farts on here like :whistle: we used to go to the Paradox EVERY SINGLE week. I know it might sound a bif naf but we used to love it.

We used to go for a bevy first in a pub in Crocky then jump a cab straight down. I never got the knock back once, and the first time I went i was 16! :party:

People in the club scene didn't drink enough for my liking. I did a few, like Cream and that. I went to Ibiza, but I was never a proper clubber. I just took my drugs in pubs.

I did have one particularly odd night. I was seeing a bird from Shrewsbury, so for Millenium New Years Eve we went to God's Kitchen in Birmingham. From there off our trolleys we ended up in some fucking crazy place. It was like three houses knocked through and it made human traffic look well gay. Old radges smoking bongs, mad bints dancing on their own in front of strobe lights and more worryingly big bastards sat in the corner with guns on their knees. As I came round a bit I could not wait to get myself out of there.

Started off going to Ferraris in Huyton (anyone?) when I was 16, when that burnt down the Buzz was the one. My sister used to go the quad, club4 and some other place in stoke.

Talkin about Garys, I lost the plot in the Paradox off a moody one.

Bad night...........but miss those days.

I remember having this one tablet in Ibiza and thought my heart was gonna jump out of my chest! It was in an outdoor rave called 'Sundance'. That night is in the top 3 best nights of my life, ever!

Cafe Mambo in Ibiza watchin the sun goin down dancin our asses off...

memories dude

The proof is in the name.. 414 in brixton along with the Fridge (my old stomping ground) - if i had to say best night/club/rave of all time its got to be Exodus - I imagine you havent heard of it - but it was the loudest sound sytem known to man (made you visably shake)..

Cafe Mambo in Ibiza watchin the sun goin down dancin our asses off...

memories dude

Loved that holiday. I remember Being in Es Paradise and the roof came off about 5:30am and the sun came shining through onto the dance floor, I was necking the face off some bint from Bristol at the time, she was about 25, I was 17!

Loved that holiday. I remember Being in Es Paradise and the roof came off about 5:30am and the sun came shining through onto the dance floor, I was necking the face off some bint from Bristol at the time, she was about 25, I was 17!

I remember coming out of Es paradis at about stupid o clock when some christian fella stopped me and told me I had to change my satanic drug taking ways....... I was really off my tits so I chewed his ear off for hours making him contradict his religious beliefs.... he ended up fucking off.

Good times

I used to love clubbing and have travelled the country in my youth and been to all the big nights of that era (early-mid/late 90s). However, there were four that I really loved and all for the same reasons: the music was fucking ace, a big gang of us went and we were regulars every week.

1. The Palais/Music Factory in Sheffield on Saturday nights. Dave Seaman was resident and he was fucking ace playing loads of funky house and garage.

2. Make It Funky at the above venue every Friday night. A mix of hip hop, soul, funk, jazz and rare groove. Basically, party tunes with a crowd who were there to dance and who really knew their music.

3. Renaissance in Mansfield. A proper mission to get there and full of absolute stunners. The fact that you had to make an effort seemed to make it all the more special. I was there for their first birthday when M-People played their tribute to the place for the first time. Their name really dates it, and they became cheesy as fuck soon after, but that night was one of the best I ever had in a club in my life.

4. Golden in Hanley. What a fucking club! The best I've ever been to. The music was very funky/soulful house and they were the first I went to where they had live percussionists playing alongside the DJs. Gordon Kaye was my favourite there and he always dropped a little bit of a Latin flavour into his sets.

As I said, I've been to loads of other places and had great nights (Cream being one), but the above were my favourites. I really miss clubbing, but I simply cannot last the pace any more - I want to go to bed by half ten (and I gave up stimulants a long time ago). The other thing is that it is very much a gang thing, for me. Going clubbing with an other half just doesn't seem right.

I still throw a few shapes in front of the decks with the kids, these days - but that's as close as I get to a club.

Best club I've been to has to be The Cross in Kings Cross, London. Fuckin ace place, music was tops too, but loads of choice, about 6 different sections, and plush as fuck.

My best clubbing nights have generally been stumbling on smaller, out of the way quirky places in London and Manchester with killer music playing and just going mental. Had a great new year's eve a few years back in the big car park behind Deansgate Locks in Manc, opening out onto all the bars on there, with loads of DJs playing great tunes.

Being a bit younger than all you's old farts on here like :whistle: we used to go to the Paradox EVERY SINGLE week. I know it might sound a bif naf but we used to love it.

We used to go for a bevy first in a pub in Crocky then jump a cab straight down. I never got the knock back once, and the first time I went i was 16! :party:

Used to go every week, me an me mate still get emotional now when we think about it, it got knocked down the other day so were goin to get a brick for keppsake tomorrow (serious).

Used to go every week, me an me mate still get emotional now when we think about it, it got knocked down the other day so were goin to get a brick for keppsake tomorrow (serious).

:D Love it.

When we first used to go, we'd take £20 and get bladderd! Sweet.

had some cracking nights her ein dublin, and abroad of course, seen Dave clarke in The End in London, i must admit the lighting in that club is something to behold

probably my most enjoyable night EVER was a New Years Eve gig in the Redbox dublin, Eric Morillo played, he came on at 11.15, first thing he does is spill a FULL PINT over the mixer, no fucking sound!!!!!! had to wait for 15 minutes which seemed a lifetime to get a new mixer hooked up, then his first track just skipped all the way across, everyone thought the night was doomed but he then ripped the place apart which was just unreal, plus with the amount of jimmies and other narcotics inside of me, i was bound to have a savage night

first time in Amnesia Ibiza was eye opening as well ,Billy Nasty and Mr C, that bloody smoke machine, scared the bollocks out of me, but its wicked

Homelands Ireland, the second one, just stayed in the Shine arena all day, Richie Hawtin, Justin robertson, Dj Dan, Slam, thats the first time i experienced Techno and fuck me ive never looked back :yes:

Rockshots in Newcastle circa 1998 - 2000 was my pill popping clubbing heyday.

Before that Riverside in Newcastle for indie nights.

Leicester Uni 1995 - 98 Starlight 2000 I think it was called with the Babble collective.

Been to a few nights down here at Turnmills and The End but not recently.