You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Dark Tower series is really good but you'll take a year or so to get through it.

The Man With No Name meets Lord of The Rings.

I ordered it off your original recommendation to someone else on this

(or the other) thread.

I ordered it off your original recommendation to someone else on this

(or the other) thread.

Stick with it. The first is good but probably the weakest ( I don't think he had the series mapped out when he wrote it about 20 years ago). By the second and third it's flying.

• 4 weeks later...
How are you finding Paul?

I totally gave up on Catch 22, only 15 or so pages in.

You had another go at Catch 22 yet? Should stick with it - it's ace. Having said that, I did exactly the same with the sequel, Closing Time.

I've only ever gotten through half of Catch 22 and half of The Dice Man due to finding both quite repetitive after what seemed like great and original beginnings.

I felt that the 'cleverness' takes priority over the story with both.

I've only ever gotten through half of Catch 22 and half of The Dice Man due to finding both quite repetitive after what seemed like great and original beginnings.

I felt that the 'cleverness' takes priority over the story with both.

Can sympathise with the Catch 22 thing but stick with Dice man its fucking ace. It gets a bit technical with the Psychology thing but keep with it and you'll be playing with Dice in no time

You had another go at Catch 22 yet? Should stick with it - it's ace. Having said that, I did exactly the same with the sequel, Closing Time.

No I haven't yet, it's still sat next to my bed though.

I just read Batman: Year One and next I'm on Equal Rites, the third Discworld book. Currently working myself through the series and thoroughly enjoying it.

No I haven't yet, it's still sat next to my bed though.

I just read Batman: Year One and next I'm on Equal Rites, the third Discworld book. Currently working myself through the series and thoroughly enjoying it.

The Guards books are the best Discworlds.

What'd you think of Year One? There's loads of stuff there that Nolan mined for Begins. That's one of my favourites, that is.

The Guards books are the best Discworlds.

What'd you think of Year One? There's loads of stuff there that Nolan mined for Begins. That's one of my favourites, that is.

Really enjoyed it, left me wanting more.

COnfession time. I picked up 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.' My wife bought it and read it and then passed it to me. I read the first chapter then didn't read any more. She asked me whether or not it gripped me and I had to be honest and say 'no'. I found it to be formulaic claptrap and not especially well written. This, of course, made me sound a bit snobbish, so we exchanged words. The irony is that she is much better read than I and is well able to appreciate good writing. Still, I've made my stand. I'm not reading it.

I suppose I've just answered the question "What are you currently not reading?"