Quantcast
Stanley Victor Collymore - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
S1 LFC

Stanley Victor Collymore

When people talk about "wasted talent" and "what might have been" Stan is right up there at the top of the list in my opinion. Roy Evans once said that he could be better than Ronaldo and I agree with him.

Pace, power, athleticism, vision, two footed, good passer. He had it all. If you were building a robot with all the qualities needed for the perfect forward then that robot would be very close to Stan Collymore. If only he could have found a good psychologist.

I completely agree. He was ace. The ball stuck to his foot. He had an ace strike and was strong as anything, just fucked up in the head. Real shame, I was convinced he was going to be an Anfield legend when we signed him.

"Harry Redknapp and Sam Allardyce are rumoured to be fighting for his signature. "

:D

Get over it Collymore, you had your chance to be a top player and ruined it spectacularly. What a 'kin waster.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Stan after he played for my hometown club, Southend United, and then eventually got the move us here at Liverpool.

He’s had a chequered past but it appears he genuinely wants to help Southend who are dead certs to drop out of the Football League.

It’s a long video but it highlights some of the struggles of clubs in the lower leagues and, I think, paints Stan in a pretty decent light.

https://youtu.be/zDY8WIS8KnU

On 04/10/2006 at 18:44, Strontium Dog™ said:

I actually think Stan could have a future in professional football. He's only 35, but he's not played for 5 years, so he's only been subjected to the same wear and tear as a 30-year-old footballer. Sometimes when you're out of the game for a while and come back, it's like you get the time you missed out on added to the end of your natural career. Look how Gary Mac's playing career was extended because he had a couple of long injuries and was out of the game for ages.

Good luck to the guy, I hope he's put his demons behind him.

What a simp.

5 hours ago, Simbo said:

I’ve always had a soft spot for Stan after he played for my hometown club, Southend United, and then eventually got the move us here at Liverpool.

He’s had a chequered past but it appears he genuinely wants to help Southend who are dead certs to drop out of the Football League.

It’s a long video but it highlights some of the struggles of clubs in the lower leagues and, I think, paints Stan in a pretty decent light.

https://youtu.be/zDY8WIS8KnU

In fairness, he's played for most people's hometown clubs at some point.

7 minutes ago, PrivateParts said:

In fairness, he's played for most people's hometown clubs at some point.

He’s also happy to hang around in the car park to interact with fans.

e2c36c30cbe58bb804aa5558eaea8f20b062dc1c

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

He seems to be mr moral outrage on Twitter a lot. Bit ironic seeing as he used to batter women and get sucked off in car parks at night by married fat birds from Solihull. 

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

He seems to be mr moral outrage on Twitter a lot. Bit ironic seeing as he used to batter women and get sucked off in car parks at night by married fat birds from Solihull. 

Which car parks exactly? 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

This is why I find it difficult to make my way to the ‘I like the guy’ camp. 

I feel sorry for Stan - he’s clearly got a lot of issues. I thought he could have been a phenomenal player for us - he had almost everything in his locker. But he’s also a prize arsehole on multiple counts, and is constant claims for the moral high ground don’t sit right with me.