You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neil Ruddock

Guest bigf00t

14 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Absolute fucking twat & up there right on the top of my ‘most detested’ list. Took the piss out of us, the story were he was coming back from injury & on the treadmill overlooking the training pitches, took some sarnies in & sat off, could see anyone approaching, so sprayed himself with water to make it look like he’d be busting it. Sums the cunts lack of proffesionalism up, I absolutely detest the fat waste of skin

And his critics were less kind

• Upvote 1

Remember going to a game at Sheff Weds in 93 around Christmas I think and he was an utter disgrace (as was Mark Wright to be fair) he genuinely looked and played like he'd been on the ale all night and I wouldn't have been surprised if he had at least that would have been an excuse 

Both him and Wright scored own goals as well I mean how often does the two centre half's score OG's ...

Grim grim days 

• Upvote 1

On 20/10/2021 at 19:10, lifetime fan said:

Remember the cunt going on soccer am and bragging about how he avoided a drink drive charge? 

He got paid to lick peoples armpits on Soccer AM.

He always tells that story of throwing a bucket of water over himself on a treadmill when the fitness coach left the room and then came back to congratulate him on his hard work. All this while laughing to the youth players thinking he was hilarious. Fat prick.

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I blame him ‘cos he’s a bellend, and people shouldn’t be bellends.

He was. But the club should've known that before they signed him. Like they should have known Dicks, Scales, Piechnik, Kvarme, Walters, Saunders etc. weren't good enough before we signed them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

He was. But the club should've known that before they signed him. Like they should have known Dicks, Scales, Piechnik, Kvarme, Walters, Saunders etc. weren't good enough before we signed them.

Scales was a very good player and doesn't deserve to be in that group. Saunders was decent enough but not for a team that should have been aspiring towards the title.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Scales was a very good player and doesn't deserve to be in that group. Saunders was decent enough but not for a team that should have been aspiring towards the title.

I never took to him. He played well enough for Wimbledon, but I think my memory of him is tarnished by the performances of our team at the time.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Wright became a good player under Evans alongside Scales and Babb in a back three. He was pretty awful under Souness though.

He was a great sweeper, so probably best suited to being the centre of a back three rather than playing in a back four. I think most players were largely awful under Souness.

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Surely the treadmill Ruddock was on would be keeping a record of distance covered? Any mid 90s gym enthusiasts confirm?

As I remember it his story was that he left it going while he sat there eating, threw the water on himself and got back on him when the coach/trainer came back. 

20 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

I agree with you mostly, but wouldn’t have scales in with those gobshites. He was decent as I remember? Babb on the other hand