You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neil Ruddock

Guest bigf00t

What brought this thread on?

Well... i was about 9/10ish when he was playing and i always found him hilarious, and thought he always gave his all for the club... i was just a child at the time though.

and i've just seen an argument on another forum...

One, a 25yr old at the time, claims Ruddock was great, loved by the fans etc,

the other, a 13 yr old at the time, claims he used to be around anfield/melwood alot about that time, and Ruddock was a complete disgrace and opitimised everything which was wrong with LFC during the 90's and also the unfortunate demise of Mr Roy Evans...

"Pass the pound" during every game etc- and loved his drink...

So i just wondered what other fans thought.

No matter what price he was still a over weight/paid cunt in my eyes !

no time for him at all ! Sorry boys he was shite !

He could be what he wanted for all I care we've had alot worse at the club, he gets my vote purely on scoring a bullet header to make it 3-3 against the scum cunts when we were 3-0 down and also for breaking both of Andy Cole's legs in a reserve game... he rules !!! :whistle: :whistle:

He could be what he wanted for all I care we've had alot worse at the club, he gets my vote purely on scoring a bullet header to make it 3-3 against the scum cunts when we were 3-0 down and also for breaking both of Andy Cole's legs in a reserve game... he rules !!! :whistle: :whistle:

:D Forgot all about that. Also, the turning down of Cantona's collar was just one of those perfect comedy moments especially because it was done to that po-faced pseudo-intellectual knob, but that's the thing with Ruddock - he'd have been great if he were a character in a TV series, he's great to read about now years after the fact, but he was surely one of the least professional players we've ever had.

• 15 years later...

Absolute fucking twat & up there right on the top of my ‘most detested’ list. Took the piss out of us, the story were he was coming back from injury & on the treadmill overlooking the training pitches, took some sarnies in & sat off, could see anyone approaching, so sprayed himself with water to make it look like he’d be busting it. Sums the cunts lack of proffesionalism up, I absolutely detest the fat waste of skin

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Absolute fucking twat & up there right on the top of my ‘most detested’ list. Took the piss out of us, the story were he was coming back from injury & on the treadmill overlooking the training pitches, took some sarnies in & sat off, could see anyone approaching, so sprayed himself with water to make it look like he’d be busting it. Sums the cunts lack of proffesionalism up, I absolutely detest the fat waste of skin

But apart from that….

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Ruddock and the rest of the team would pass a pound coin round during the game when defending free kicks and corners etc. Whoever had the pound at the end of the game paid for the drinks that night!

No wonder we where fucking shite back then, our back line were too busy playing musical fucking chairs. 

I thought I still had the ticket stub for that 3-3 United game as I went to every game, home and away for a few seasons before and after.

But the best I could up with at short notice was Leeds and Spartak Moscow and a paper cutting of Roy Jones in his pomp.

I used to keep proper scrapbooks in those days, all the tickets and clippings from the press.

931.jpg

932.jpg

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I thought I still had the ticket stub for that 3-3 United game as I went to every game, home and away for a few seasons before and after.

But the best I could up with at short notice was Leeds and Spartak Moscow and a paper cutting of Roy Jones in his pomp.

I used to keep proper scrapbooks in those days, all the tickets and clippings from the press.

931.jpg

932.jpg

Those ticket stubs bring back some memories like

• Like 1