You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manager 2007

Stu Monty

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahais? Where from and how much?

Am in work so cant tell you exactly, his full name is Matias Cahais I think hes from Boca hes Argentinian, he was about 15 Mil in 10/11 season but if you get him earlier he may be cheaper. His position is DL/C but Ive played him left back and his average rating over a season was 7.95. He even keeps Marcelo out the team who is fantastic and another must buy Fluminese very little money if you get him early.

Have just paid #15m for Micah Richards having been given a 40m transfer budget. Only intend on spending the rest on some youngsters. Paul Anderson is going to get a good few games this season as he's shaping up well and I've put on hold buying a new winger to see how he does. Bojan is doing really well in pre-season.

Richards is Arguably the best player on the game, hes even better at DM than he is at CB, Paul Anderson is a weird one. I sold him for 6 mil to Newcastle and he had a great first season for them. Now hes gone really average though, my advice would be sell when you can. Hobbs is worth keeping hold of though, loan him out and do the same with carson because he becomes really good. Sanli Tuncay (L) D Capel (L) A Lennon ® Cardenas ® are top class wingers.

cardenass is still knocking me back - hes gone from wanting £16k to £52 and ive offered £10.5K bonus's - dont know if its just cause im pompey.

ive noticed any player i go for man city or spurs sign him when i cant afford them

othere players of note - Ustari - argentinian keeper

enyamana - some indian keeper

higuain - the argie reak have signed is performing well

gago - is immense

jagielka - not worth the 9million were signing him for !!!!

Also does anyone know when i should unleash millan hes only 16 at the moment and is in the youth team should i send him on loan or move him to the rseverves - sorry to sound so in to this game but its now loved more than my kids !

cardenass is still knocking me back - hes gone from wanting £16k to £52 and ive offered £10.5K bonus's - dont know if its just cause im pompey.

ive noticed any player i go for man city or spurs sign him when i cant afford them

othere players of note - Ustari - argentinian keeper

enyamana - some indian keeper

higuain - the argie reak have signed is performing well

gago - is immense

jagielka - not worth the 9million were signing him for !!!!

Also does anyone know when i should unleash millan hes only 16 at the moment and is in the youth team should i send him on loan or move him to the rseverves - sorry to sound so in to this game but its now loved more than my kids !

Yeah hes quality, as for Cardenas you should really keep an eye on your bonuses you allow players it whacks into your budget and you will struggle to break even if you offer more than 2-4k to any player.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in 2011 and I've turned Tranmere in biggest club in the World. My stadium in Birkenhead holds 70,000 and is expanded every year.

My manager is Norwegian and I've milked Scandanavia for every cheap good prospect they had. I own every Norwegian that will develop into Class and I am simply battering everyone. Beat Liverpool 8-0 in the League Cup Final a year ago.

Had my first crack at Champions League Football after two years in the UEFA Cup and won it.

So far have two league cups, three FA cups, two UEFA cups, One League Title, and one European Cup.

Best buys of the game for me? Kyle Richards, Diego, Kevin Monnet-Paquet, Fernando Gago, Oscar Ustari, Jan Berger, Johannes Kessler, Valon Behrami... the rest are all oddly named Nords.

Unfortunately, it seems, that Game-time is the only sure way to make players Attributes rise.

I've got some of the best coaches I could find at the moment but my players need serious game time to get better. Loans, and feeder clubs are what the game pushes you to utilize. Time to make judgement calls on who you can afford to sit a lot of games as backup and who you cannot.

Sergio Aguero is godlike in my save with Liverpool. So far this season he has scored something like 35 goals in 22-23 games. Totally unrealistic of course, but great fun nonetheless. I guess that's what you get with Messi and Downing (!!) down each flank...

I haven't played these games regurarly since CM 01/02, and when I tried my old diamond formation (4-1-2-1-2), it didn't work at all. Now I'm playing almost like Chelsea. 4 at the back, 1 def mf (Momo), 2 central mf's(Stevie, Xabi), 2 attacking wingers (Downing, Messi) and Aguero up front. Works like a charm. I can't get Gerrard to play to his best though, no matter what I do.

• 4 weeks later...

Im into my third season with Real Zaragoza and managed to sign Cisse, Pongolle and Le Tallec on bosman from Liverpool. Le Tallec has been an absolute revelation. Scoring goals and playing very well. May reach the CL for the first time, if he keeps on performing. Struggle to get the best out of Aimar though, while Zapater also have been very very good.

• 3 weeks later...