You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manager 2007

Stu Monty

Been reading some stuff about it and it looks like there have been some neat additions for this one.

Firstly you can set up feeder clubs and farm out players to get experience and as a smaller club you will recieve good youngsters from the parent club. There is also merchandising links which will improve cashflow from foreign markets.

The scouts will need to have knowledge of an area to scout that area and will give much better reports.

Chairmen will intervene a lot more if a good offer for a player comes in.

Pre-match team-talks.

More media interaction and the ability to talk to individual players.

Should be good but I'm not sure they've announced a release date yet?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading some stuff about it and it looks like there have been some neat additions for this one.

Firstly you can set up feeder clubs and farm out players to get experience and as a smaller club you will recieve good youngsters from the parent club. There is also merchandising links which will improve cashflow from foreign markets.

The scouts will need to have knowledge of an area to scout that area and will give much better reports.

Chairmen will intervene a lot more if a good offer for a player comes in.

Pre-match team-talks.

More media interaction and the ability to talk to individual players.

Should be good but I'm not sure they've announced a release date yet?

Sounds fricking boring. What next, you get to fill out p45's and tax returns? Do you get to play football in it?

I picked Tranmere... Doing great after signing 13 players on a £45000 bugdet. But i like to tackle hard, and i have lost count on how many red cards i have received...so i went down to normal tackling. But still...players frequently gets sent off... Cardemarteri receivbed a 6 match ban... As had Sean Heesey when I bought him.

Anyone else experienced the same? By the way Don Hutchison has been superb for Tranmere... Scoring 8 goal in 10 matches! Bought him from Coventry for £1000.

I picked Tranmere... Doing great after signing 13 players on a £45000 bugdet. But i like to tackle hard, and i have lost count on how many red cards i have received...so i went down to normal tackling. But still...players frequently gets sent off... Cardemarteri receivbed a 6 match ban... As had Sean Heesey when I bought him.

Anyone else experienced the same? By the way Don Hutchison has been superb for Tranmere... Scoring 8 goal in 10 matches! Bought him from Coventry for £1000.

I usually go hard tackling and just discipline straight reds and they usually die down eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

Started off really poorly with Liverpool and spent a few months skirting around the bottom of the league but brought in Marcelo and Van Borre (all my money gone) and have flown up to 3rd by February.

Dirk is godlike with over 20 goals already but Bellamy is whinging and has started missing training (he's for the bullet).

Got just the CL final to go to complete a historic treble in my first season. Gerrard has been injured all year so I been using Luis in a free role on the right instead and he has been tearing everyone apart. Momo scored a 30 yard screamer against the mancs in a 4-0 demolition and is basically world class crazy beating the crap out of everyone. Man U won their first 13 games till they came to us and were 11 points clear then they fell apart and lost 6 games by the end of the year including 1-0 at old trafford to Carra.

Kuyt out for 8 months now though and kewell went off in the FA final, gonzo is already out, so is riise and aurelio so I have no cover on the left for the CL final..... Harsh

Bought it yesterday, going to start playing tonight, will be having withdrawal symptoms from my 13 season old game on FM2006 were I brought Crewe to the Prem, took the Celtic job, had two good seasons there losing out in the CL final to Munich and then to Liverpool were I succeeded Marco Van Bastan.

I'm doin shite, I assumed our squad would be somewhere close to real life, but we're fucking shite. I'm a season in and have bought Marcelo (can't get a permit though and had to loan him out) and a load of kids for the reserves who should come good in a few years.

Just bought Nani from Sporting and bought Barragan back from Depor too (Finnan is shite in it)