You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NelCarra

My old man has punched Keith Chegwin.

I also witnessed him punching Mark Bright in a Saturday league match in Stoke (they used to play in the same semi-pro division), Bright had fouled him and wrecked the old man's knee ligaments in the process, my old man got up, sparked him out, then had to be stretchered off whilst the ref was sending him off.

It became apparent that there was a scout watching my Dad from Crewe, who surprisingly lost interest shortly after.

My arl fella went to school with Chegwin. Said he's as equally as much a fucking bell now as he was then.

Guest davelfc

Myself and Stella Rimington had a coffee over which we spoke about our respective tours of Northern Ireland. I was there at a particularly juicy time, Ireland I mean, not Stella. She seemed impressed. Could have been wind though.

My dad (again!) went to Old Swan Boys Club and Freddy Starr used to go at the same time. Said he was one of these kids who used to have snot permanently dripping down onto his upper lip and eventually drying and encrusting into a sore looking rash!

As mentioned in the Summer Transfers thread, my mate's mate's dad was the actor who says "Eccellente" in the famous Ferrero Roche advert. I saw him putting out the bins once when I went round.

That same mate (as in mate number 1), was the son of famous British artist Patrick Caulfield.

My aunt is Beverley Martyn, a singer from the 60s/70s (well, still is). She dated Paul Simon and later married (and divorced) John Martyn, another famous musician who was one of musics biggest ever wildmen (which is really saying something!), who was made OBE but was unable to collect it as he died shortly after it was announced.

Another mates aunt is Lulu. I met her once when my mate had a spare ticket for a Michael Jackson concert at the old Wembley in the royal box. It was a last minute thing and it was before my mum had a phone, so I had to go home first to let her know (was a young teen), but she wasn't in, so I left her a note saying I had gone to see Michael Jackson. My mum was actually out on the piss with her boyfriend of the time and got home late in the evening to find I wasn't in and was worried. Her fella found the note and read it out, and my mum punched him. I've been round Lulu's house as well since.

One of my best mate's dad was an MD at a record label, amongst others, he signed Paul Weller (he also signed my uncle John and they became good friends, small world again!). My mate went to dinner at his dad's when Paul Weller was there, and after dinner Weller played a few songs on the piano.

Jude Law used to live across the road from my mum. I was getting out of a taxi there once, and Jude was outside and asked me if cab was now free.

My dad used to share a room with Robert Plant from Led Zepplin, and used to know Ozzy Osbourne. We was walking through Birmingham once visiting my Gran when I was a teenager and he pointed up at a block of flats and said "I went to a party there once hosted by Black Sabbath where everyone had to be naked" That wasn't an image I wanted to think of!

I bounced on Robbie Coltrane's bed at a party when I was a toddler.

I was in the year above Rachel Yankey at school, who has just equalled the record number of caps for the England Ladies football team. I was better than her.

At my old work, a few lads in a different dept won a competition to play a 5-a-side match against some ex pros. A call went out for a keeper, and even though I'm not really a kepper, I am alright in small goals and offered my services to get a game. Clive Allen took a pen and gave me the eyes and casually sent me the wrong way. Just found an article about it. Legends In Your Lunchtime - The Result The photos aren't showing on my work PC, are they working for anyone else?

I've had a pint or few with Vincent Vega and Furmedge. Met Paulie Dangerously too.

I've been in Usher's house.

I've also been for a drink with you when you were on £5 bottles of wine in the Hogs Head. I was on£2 pints of Carling. We're so classy it hurts.

I'm a distant relation to Steven Gerrard. My Nan and Alex Curran's Nan are sisters, so since they got married, I think that makes Steven my second cousin-in-law (or something like that). Or "our Ste," since I found out about this. ;-)