You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which Mobile Phone Company should i sign my life away to?

Street Preacher

I'm currently with vodafone and my 18 month contract has just come to an end.

I'm not sure whether to get a new mobile with them and a new contact or change to Orange,T-Mobile etc.

My current contract is £14.99 a month for 100mins and 50 free texts.

Anybody have any advice on which companies to go with and the ones to avoid?

Vodaphone are fucking scandleous! (sp)

My bills are rolling in at 100 quid a month and I really don't use it that often. Just to ring clients, send the odd text and give anon dirty calls to a girl in work.

Its cheaper to buy a hundred walkie talkies and distribute them to your mates and talk that way!

Vodafone are the most wank company i've ever had the missfortune of dealing with. I had a price plan which meant that on top of the 20 notes a month rental i'd pay a tenner for 300 messages and 100 minutes (or something like that - this was nearly three years ago like)

Anyway my bills kept coming back at 70 quid plus and i phoned them up and said (WTF, I'm not a teenage girl, no way i'm going over my limit!) Turns out they were charging me for all the first 300 messages AND the extra i was supposed to be paying to get them 'free'

They refunded the money (after three phone calls) and then did it again!

I'm with 02 now and have never had any complaints, got a good phone (at the time) and 500 messages with 100 anytime minutes for 25 quid. They've never messed me around - plus i know when i ring up to cancel my contract they're guaranteed to offer me 50% off all future bills and a new phone - its retention policy or something.

I'm boycotting Vodafone due to past Manc associations and also their adverts which always feature smug twenty-something cuntrags, breezing through life with the aid of a mobile and a bunch of smug cuntish mates.

I'm currently with vodafone and my 18 month contract has just come to an end.

I'm not sure whether to get a new mobile with them and a new contact or change to Orange,T-Mobile etc.

My current contract is £14.99 a month for 100mins and 50 free texts.

Anybody have any advice on which companies to go with and the ones to avoid?

Are you a dolphin, a racoon, a panther or a canary though ?

You can always text 82ask and for a pound they'll tell you - might even be a laugh.

Guest molbyscorchio

I'm with Orange. I'm a stoat or something, but it gives me 500 mins anytime any network plus free calls to any landline for £35. Can't remember how many text messages, but plenty.

With 3, 750 free minutes and 150 free texts and premiership video highlights and other stuff (£5) for £40 a month.

Not enough though, as my bill was £140 last month due to battering it with work, used about 1400 minutes in a month, need to get a more expensive tariff :( Normally though I just pay line rental, no extra.

Choice of phones isn't the greatest with 3, is about all I can criticize them for. Been with them for 4 years now I think... Their call centre's offshore (one of the first to do so, and always have been, to justify their low-as-fuck prices) but also probably the best offshore one nowadays - you can actually understand them 99% of the time and they're ultra-friendly and helpful.

Try http://www.dotmobile.co.uk/home/home.php. It's a mobile phone company for students, buit don't worry the salespeople will happily make up a student number for you (I used to be one briefly!). There deals are very competitive, especially if you go for the stop the clock option on an 18 month contract. They use units instead of free minutes so that if you use more texts it doesn't matter, or vice versa - a bit like pay as you go. The price plan may be a little confusing at first, so any questions ask me.

By working for them, I also know the downsides - which are customers services are a bit slow (but at least UK based). If having trouble mention writing to the industry ombudsman (goes for most customer services actually) and they are liable to make a couple fuck ups.

Kopite - is that free phone / contract malarkey much hassle or not? Sounds ace!

I've had a contract with Mobileshop (on O2) and got my 12 months line rental back no problem. I've also had free line rentals/half-price deals with Dialaphone and have got all my money back without any problems.

Basically you pay the line rental and then claim it back at intervals. The deal I have is with Cool New Mobile which is part of the Caudwell (Phones4U) Group.

I send in the 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th and 13th (final) bills with a claim form that you download and get £73.50 each time (the total cost of the contract is £367.50).

I'm upto my 3rd bill, so I will get the 5th in November. I've put the dates into my calendar so I know when to send the claim form and have a file with all my bills and claim forms in.

I'm with 3 and get 400 minutes plus 250 text messages for zilch (well you pay and then claim it back).

http://www.nocostmobiles.co.uk/?gclid=CJ7Qtb3b94UCFSonEQodVkvH5w

My auld fella got stung with that deal from 3, it doesn't actualy go through 3, it goes through another foriegn network and my auld fella claimed his dosh back a few times and then after leading us into a false sense of security they kept saying the claim forms were recieved too late, you can't have your dosh back, even though said form was sent well in time...

My advice after seeing what my auld fella went though is stay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay clear of this deal....waaaaay clear...infact, don't even think about it, don't look at it...

Fookin murder we had, fookin murder..