You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Panorama show tomorrow

Stu Monty

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they talked about that they had a distorted picture of a player - the player was Evra.

And I think Fat Sam is fucked. He'll get ripped to shreads. Hopefully he'll be out of a job before we play them.

funnily enough i read in a book that around the time George Graham was caught a certain manager was found to have a substantial amount of money that was for "safe keeping" in the managers safe. the money was later returned to the club claiming an over payment was made to the agent.

I thought it was a big of a let down. It probably goes on all the way through football all over the country but there was not enough evidence of enough deals for me. Regarding us and the lad from Middlesborough, I don't think there was anything too incriminating there. It's not as if we have offered £150k is it?

My general feeling is that they know a lot more about managers who have been on the take but they are either too powerful or privileged to be blown up and that Allardyce and Redknapp are managers who can be 'outed' without too much comeback on the BBC.

If we had a very promising 15 year old player, and a documentary revealed his agent had met with Chelsea or United, and the Chief exec (or whoever) said "Yeah, he's a top player, we'll be very interested in bringing him in a couple of years", we'd all be calling for sanctions against Chelsea/United. We shouldn't be getting involved in shite like this.

I think the beebs hyping this up a lot and like Stu I wonder how much real evidence they've got. But they got me cos I'll sit and watch and add to their viewing figures so I guess it's worked. I'd heard Big Fat Sham was involved (allegedly - to save Dave's legal bill) and I was really hoping that rumour was true.

You were pretty spot on there. I do feel sorry for Mr.Cath sometimes!

Still think there's be some more fallout from this other than just Allardyce being shafted. We were never shown actually offering that kid a deal; as JoeyB said, all we did was declare our intrest for when he turns pro. The FA will have a very hard time defending themselves if they don't bring that suspended sentence into force for Chelsea.

asking one club wheter their interested in a player is nothing, that doesnt count for a thing,

if the young lad was there and been sugar coated with promises and other bullshit, then yeah ,thats wrong, but that agent could be talking a random lad in a pub saying "you know Gerrard, he`s unhappy at liverpool" is that against the law then as well?

the bung issue seriously dishonest though, putting more money onto a transfer for your own personal gain is simply wrong!!!

If we had a very promising 15 year old player, and a documentary revealed his agent had met with Chelsea or United, and the Chief exec (or whoever) said "Yeah, he's a top player, we'll be very interested in bringing him in a couple of years", we'd all be calling for sanctions against Chelsea/United. We shouldn't be getting involved in shite like this.

Deffo, but at least we showed some level of morality eh?

"Yeah, once he turns 17, we'd be interested in bringing him over."

or

"Here's £150k over three years; bring him down."

The most we can hope for out of that is; 3 points off Chelsea, fat Sam and his offspring totally fucked and the rest of the corrupt wankers cleaning up their act.

Nothing we didn't already know as far as I gleaned. I proper shit myself when we came into it, heart in the mouth time.

I don't hold out any hope of the game being cleaned up.

Deffo, but at least we showed some level of morality eh?

"Yeah, once he turns 17, we'd be interested in bringing him over."

or

"Here's £150k over three years; bring him down."

Agreed, but would have loved our guy (Not a clue who it was tbh) to say "Go fuck yourself, we only deal directly with the clubs you dirty, cheating, snivelling cockroach." Don't think it would have made the final cut though... :no

True that. Of course, I'd also be calling for santions against the agent. It's just agents in general that wind me up. I realise that with the complexities of players contracts these days they need representation, but way too many of these characters seem to exist soley to generate revenue and then take it out of the game, often exploiting players, clubs and ultimately fans in the process.

Just for those curious about the footage of our youth team on this film tonight....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5360700.stm

We aren't even mentioned on the BBC website's analysis of the programme. What I did notice when the game was on was that the BBC made a point of saying that we were 'Britain's most successful club' and talked about us winning trophies in the last couple of years. Maybe they are trying to show that we if we are involved and we are so successful that there is no morality in football?

I'm not being funny, but if this lad at Boro is as good as he is meant to be, surely he would have been touted to United and Arsenal as well? Or maybe the BBC are scared of upsetting United now as Ferguson still isn't talking to them?

To me it is the agents fault for offering the lad about. The agent was whoring the kid about.

He then goes back and offers him buckets of money. This unsettles him and off he goes - it is shocking. Agents the like of him should be banned from not only Anfield but everyground in the country.

In my eyes we did not come out of it too bad. I feared a lot worse when I seen the ground.

To me it is the agents fault for offering the lad about. The agent was whoring the kid about.

He then goes back and offers him buckets of money. This unsettles him and off he goes - it is shocking. Agents the like of him should be banned from not only Anfield but everyground in the country.

In my eyes we did not come out of it too bad. I feared a lot worse when I seen the ground.

Spot on. Also, the kids parents.

I live in bedfordshire and in the summer i was shopping in a well known diy store on the A6 on the outskirts of the county's largiest town. I saw a number of players of the youth team who might or might not have beeten in last years fa cup waiting in the car park with somebody who appered to be dressed as a coach. These palyers were dressed in the type of kit you can not buy at the club shop. These players were picked up by a team (acadamy) mini bus of a london team who play in blue and have a east euroupian owner. I know one of the players dads who addmitted they had a "trial" I wonder if the bedfordshire team knew this happened, these lads were 14-16. The dad i know lads son is unlikley to make it as a pro but like his dad is going to become a solicitor so is unlikly to make it up as he has no reason. If this is the normal procedure this makes me sick or am i being niaive as it goes on all the time? Not trying to be clear as I do not want to be in court as i have no prof but you do see strange things on a early sunday morning waiting for the diy store to open when being nagged by the girfriend to do some painting

As for our involvement with the Middlesboro lad, compared to Fat Sam and 'arry it's fuck all - but still discussing a player with his agent without the club knowing about it is bad shit to me...

Especially considering we've already been done once for tapping up Boro's players ;)

I live in bedfordshire and in the summer i was shopping in a well known diy store on the A6 on the outskirts of the county's largiest town. I saw a number of players of the youth team who might or might not have beeten in last years fa cup waiting in the car park with somebody who appered to be dressed as a coach. These palyers were dressed in the type of kit you can not buy at the club shop. These players were picked up by a team (acadamy) mini bus of a london team who play in blue and have a east euroupian owner. I know one of the players dads who addmitted they had a "trial" I wonder if the bedfordshire team knew this happened, these lads were 14-16. The dad i know lads son is unlikley to make it as a pro but like his dad is going to become a solicitor so is unlikly to make it up as he has no reason. If this is the normal procedure this makes me sick or am i being niaive as it goes on all the time? Not trying to be clear as I do not want to be in court as i have no prof but you do see strange things on a early sunday morning waiting for the diy store to open when being nagged by the girfriend to do some painting

Class