You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Panorama show tomorrow

Stu Monty

I know allardyce is a cunt, but why did the show focus solely on him, and when other clubs and managers were named, they were bleeped out? They may aswell of named the rest but in hindsight probably thought it a bad idea with knob all evidence. BBC wankers i can either see Allardyce getting sacked and starting his own world wide pie empire or suing the bbc heads for chatting shit and failing to provide anything concrete. Aldo will be loving this though.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FA must have got wind of this before eventually plumping for Mclaren for the Ingerlund job. Becuase as bad as super cunt Fat Sam is, he's a better manager and has acheived more than that boring fuck Mclaren. I bet the F.A suspected the fucker and just went throught the motions with him.

In the cold light of day it looks to me like Fat Sam is being hung out to dry cos he's either more stupid than the others or doesnt have a very good lawyer. I suspect many of the bleeps were added after letters from lawyers. The Beeb are pushing this for all they're worth. It gets them PR and keeps them in the making the news rather than reporting it bracket of which they are so fond. They smell blood with Allardyce and I suspect they'll get their man.

Annoyed that we got named when others didn't. It smacks of the Beeb thinking they can push us around wheras they're probably too scared to mention Mancs & Arse. On the plus side that's obviously all they could dig up on us after 12 months investigation cos if they'd've had anything more concrete they'd've shown it.

Would like to see the club handle this one properly. They need to issue a statement quickly today condeming the practice of tapping up and conduct a swift internal investigation into that particular incident. I expect we'll get a wee fine. However a lot depends on the unseen footage which they say has gone to the FA. If there really is evidence (and I mean evidence not arseholes with an overinflated view of their own self importance mouthing off in posh hotels) then it's going to be very difficult to deal with specific incidents and I expect a thorough FA whitewash, er, I mean, hard hitting sanctions. :whistle:

BBC wankers i can either see Allardyce getting sacked and starting his own world wide pie empire or suing the bbc heads for chatting shit and failing to provide anything concrete. Aldo will be loving this though.

I haven't seen the programme, but there is no fucking way Jabba will sue anyone if he's involved. He will just sit tight and hope it blows over.

He may of course threaten to sue, but no way will he actually do it.

I notice that before either us or Chelsea got a mention the agent told them that officials from Newcastle had met with the kid and his parents at their home. Let's see if anyone goes out to criticise them.

Personally I don't think we came out of that too well at all.

Whilst I am disapointed to see us involved at all, what we did was only small in relation to what others did. This is no excuse however, and I expect a fine (and possible suspended sentence ala Chelsea?) to head our way.

I hope that is the extent of our involvement, as I believe Rafa is a real footballing man with real values and a love of the game that he would not drag down by being involved in something like this.

Chelsea should get the point deduction they were promised previously.

Fat Sam and 'Arry could be in serious shit.

That programme was shite I thought.

The rules are pathetic if you ask me - if an agent comes to you and talks about a player, what do you want the club/manager/chairman to do? Say no because talking about it contravenes FA rules? I'm sorry but that's just not feesible.

If managers or clubs in general accept cash off agents to broker deals for their clients, then that is definitely bent but as far as I could see there was little evidence of that going on.

The clip of us was laughable - an agent travels all the way up to the academy to ask if we'd be interested in a player. We say yes - big fucking deal! We never mentioned any figures (if we did they'd defo have shown it) or anything sinister, just that we'd like to have the player at the academy. As Cath said earlier in the thread, that's business.

If we did everything by the exact rules, then we'd have a team full of shite players, that's a fact.

EDIT - the Andy Todd bit was a bit of an eye-opener. Redknapp did fuck all wrong, he was asked if he'd take him and said yes. It's Todd and his agent who were in the wrong for touting him about to other clubs.

That programme was shite I thought.

The rules are pathetic if you ask me - if an agent comes to you and talks about a player, what do you want the club/manager/chairman to do? Say no because talking about it contravenes FA rules? I'm sorry but that's just not feesible.

If managers or clubs in general accept cash off agents to broker deals for their clients, then that is definitely bent but as far as I could see there was little evidence of that going on.

The clip of us was laughable - an agent travels all the way up to the academy to ask if we'd be interested in a player. We say yes - big fucking deal! We never mentioned any figures (if we did they'd defo have shown it) or anything sinister, just that we'd like to have the player at the academy. As Cath said earlier in the thread, that's business.

If we did everything by the exact rules, then we'd have a team full of shite players, that's a fact.

EDIT - the Andy Todd bit was a bit of an eye-opener. Redknapp did fuck all wrong, he was asked if he'd take him and said yes. It's Todd and his agent who were in the wrong for touting him about to other clubs.

Would you still feel that way if you were a Carlisle fan or is it only okay because we are at the top of the food chain?

You can't half be a pretentious tit at times Stu.

The same things happen with our players, that's just how business works.

How is it pretention?

It's an outrageously arrogant stance that it's just business. It's there to make sure that clubs get rewarded for investment in youth and just pinching them isn't acceptable.

Whilst I am disapointed to see us involved at all, what we did was only small in relation to what others did. This is no excuse however, and I expect a fine (and possible suspended sentence ala Chelsea?) to head our way.

There's no way we should get a suspended points decuction for that imo. What Chelsea did with Ashley Cole is totally different, they actively arranged a meeting with the player and/or hs representatives. All we did was hear out some dudes about another club's youngster, and not on our own initiative, I don't think what we did constituted making an illigal approach.

There's no way we should get a suspended points decuction for that imo. What Chelsea did with Ashley Cole is totally different, they actively arranged a meeting with the player and/or hs representatives. All we did was hear out some dudes about another club's youngster, and not on our own initiative, I don't think what we did constituted making an illigal approach.

A points deduction may be harsh but I can see the FA going to town on all the clubs mentioned to make an example of it.

What we did seems to be part of football, and, in theory, we didnt do much wrong but that still doesn't make it right.

The programme was good as it lifted the lid on a few things but I expect to see the real dirt coming out in the next few weeks.

Has Fat Sam been sacked yet?

A points deduction may be harsh but I can see the FA going to town on all the clubs mentioned to make an example of it.

What we did seems to be part of football, and, in theory, we didnt do much wrong but that still doesn't make it right.

The programme was good as it lifted the lid on a few things but I expect to see the real dirt coming out in the next few weeks.

Has Fat Sam been sacked yet?

I don't even think what we did deserved to be in that programme. It would be better if we didn't get invloved in that kind of thing, but it's like the BBC thought "shit, this has all been about Bolton so far, we better get some big clubs in to spice things up a bit and even it out".

I don't even think what we did deserved to be in that programme. It would be better if we didn't get invloved in that kind of thing, but it's like the BBC thought "shit, this has all been about Bolton so far, we better get some big clubs in to spice things up a bit and even it out".

Tapping up happens all the time. Rafa quit Valencia then two weeks later was our boss. Do we think that he would have left Valencia without a job to go to?

Who cares anyway?