You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Music listening amnesty thread...

Section_31

This amnesty doesn't feature much bad music; not really much of an amnesty really.

I own a Lighthouse Family album. I don't like them but I do still own it.

You obviouly missed my Girls Aloud confession then Monty - either that or you've got a well disciplined mind that blocks out gruesome shit, like a veteran CID officer.

This amnesty doesn't feature much bad music; not really much of an amnesty really.

I own a Lighthouse Family album. I don't like them but I do still own it.

Atomic Kitten - Tide is High. Have some of that. It rocks, hard.

Wasn't it 'Its hip to be square' by Huey and the boys?

'Hey Alberstrand, is that a rain coat your wearing?'

'Yes it is Paul!'

Am really digging Whitney's "The Greatest Love of All" from the same film at the moment. I need the version played by the orchestra used in the film, think it's the Royal London something something Orchestra.

Del Shannon - currently listening to a "Best of.." album, which contains a load of songs that are evocative of feelings and frustrations I had in my early teens.

There are a couple of dodgy numbers, and the falsetto grates in parts (or maybe parts were grated to get the falsetto?), but on the whole it's great.

Looking through iTunes I also have some other shockers including (but not limited to):

The Ordinary Boys

Katie Melua (although you would, and you know you would)

All Saints (ditto comments regarding Ms Melua)

The Mavericks

and many, many more that are probably best left alone...

Incidentally, "A Grand Don't Come For Free" shouldn't be on this list, as it is a great album that requires no amnesty - and LP that has songs entitled "Such a Twat" and "Fit But You Know It" must be worthy of a place in the musical hall of fame.

Am really digging Whitney's "The Greatest Love of All" from the same film at the moment. I need the version played by the orchestra used in the film, think it's the Royal London something something Orchestra.

I cant think of that song without picturing the fat landlord from early doors cleaning the ciggies out the bogs singing "they cant take away my dignity"

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...