You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Music listening amnesty thread...

Section_31

I'm not messing around here, but it really is my lifetime ambition to dance like this while dressed in a German WWII major's uniform, especially the bit at 1.17

It'd just be the greatest thing ever, ever.

and here i was thinking i was all alone.

S31, did i ever tell you about my old boss (now deceased) who had a private island near vancouver. he had a replica gestapo uniform and a luger, and used to dress up for target practice on the secluded side of the island.

he showed it to me, but i never had the chance to join him (he was english, btw, and grew up in london during the war).

Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac.

A stone cold class tune.

A fucking brilliant song from one of the greatest albums ever recorded.

My band are just finishing off a pretty much straight up version of, "I've got a brand new Combine Harvester of Sorrow."

Must confess to not being a massive Metallica fan anymore, but The Wurzles fucking well ROCK.

dvf--10EYXw

Fuckin love this song. Part of it is the video. Katy Perry is hot as fuck in it and those guys are pretty funny. But I love the song too.

I quite like the chorus, but not the talky shouty bits from them. She's awesome though, just awesome.

and here i was thinking i was all alone.

S31, did i ever tell you about my old boss (now deceased) who had a private island near vancouver. he had a replica gestapo uniform and a luger, and used to dress up for target practice on the secluded side of the island.

he showed it to me, but i never had the chance to join him (he was english, btw, and grew up in london during the war).

Sounds like an absolute legend, there's got to be a Mike Myers character in there somewhere mate!

dvf--10EYXw

Fuckin love this song. Part of it is the video. Katy Perry is hot as fuck in it and those guys are pretty funny. But I love the song too.

Grrrrrrrr

Katy Perry = capital F for FILTH :yes:

She's a fucking doppelganger for Zoey Deschanel.

I love Zoey Deschanel. I mean, REALLY fuckin' LOVE her.

I thought this was great when I was a kid, and I STILL think it's good even now. Yes you heard me right.

[YOUTUBE]rog8ou-ZepE[/YOUTUBE]

This is more recent, and very kitsch, as well as being the type of thing I wouldn't normally listen to, but hey, amnesty right?

[YOUTUBE]ha7whcIXHcc[/YOUTUBE]

Some of the stuff on these pages, such as Fleetwood Mac, should be nowhere near amnesty because there's nothing to be ashamed of there.

My dad, like Monty, owns a Lighthouse Family album and I used to borrow it. All the time.

osAoJ7mhF5Q

I also own a Chaka Deamus and Pliers album, in my defence it came out when I was 9 and my dad bought me it. I always thought What's the Story... was the first album I ever owned, turns out it was probably this instead.

3HhCWzNBq1U

[YOUTUBE]5n1mfhFBYdg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]riBsOHkApmU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]AFFo1pu4q7Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VSQq_mU7jUg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ipOz_k9zvzo[/YOUTUBE]

Erasure get a frequent airing in my gaff as well.

As other have said, these probably arn't really amnesty as they are classic songs, some of my favourites, or are they and I just think they are ?? who knows, as womanly as it gets I suppose.

All top tunes Zeke.

I have to confess I took my kids to see this man on Sunday night. I'm trying to inspire them to concentrate on their piano. This man is so talented it makes one slightly sick. And he's playing a Fender Rhodes stage - my fave set of keys...

[YOUTUBE]nS3XXDQoZkc[/YOUTUBE]

Every fibre of my being should hate this. It's a cover version, so straight away I'm holding something against it; it's a cover version of a rubbish song; the artist is offensively dull with no discernible talent; it's over-produced, throwaway teeny bopper fodder.

But I danced round Walkabout to it one drunken Christmas. Ironically, to begin with.

[YOUTUBE]rk7zhB_m4gc[/YOUTUBE]

(As I uploaded it, I played it and I still love it)

I'm going away to have a good think now...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 years later...