You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You Know you really want to

Red Nick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same as Paco's.

I would also play the same team most of the time only changing it to give players an occasional rest rather than a rotation policy. I feel most players benefit from a run of games were they can build up an understanding. Hopefully now the Internationals are out of the way we will have more of a settled team.

So go and do it and pick your best 11 from the current squad.

Exclude current form and injuries ie you can include Riiise and Alonso but if the game was tomorrow you probably leave Alonso out and Riise wouldnt be fit

So if you had a must win game what team would you pick, not what Rafa would pick but who would you pick

Here's mine

----------------Reina-----------------------

Finnan-------Carra------Agger---------Riise

Gerrard------Xabi-------Momo---------Gonzalez?

---------------Bellamy--------- Kuyt---------

The only touch call is LM where you could pick one of 4 players but ive gone for sheer pace with a goal threat

If i Had to pick the team for the chelsea game id bring in Pennant for Alonso and Warnock for Riise.

So whats your best 11

Can I have Dalglish?

Kenny to play, Kelly to play with.

Indeed.

Alternatively, put Kelly in the team with a kit that's too small for her and watch the opposition be rendered useless. Obviously, there is a slight flaw in this plan, in that our team will also not be able to function properly.

-------------------------Reina----------------------

Finnan----------Carragher-----Agger------------Riise

Gerrard---------Alonso--------Sissoko---------Kewell

---------------Crouch--------Kuyt------------------

Alot of effort in getting your dashes in order there.

----------------Reina-----------------------

Finnan-------Carra------Agger---------Riise

----Gerrard------Xabi-------Momo---------

--Bellamy----------------------- Kuyt------

---------------Crouch---------------------

That is very interesting indeed. I would like to see that tried at home some time.

---------Reina---------

Fin---SH--Carra---JAR

-----Alonso--Momo--

Pennant--Gerrard---Gonzales/Kewell

---------Kuyt-----------

SG free role to do whatever he pleases, but not from the right, straight down the middle. This team has width, defensive solidity and enough threat going forward, and I think Kuyt would make an excellent lone striker, but could be rotated with Crouch. I know many disagree with Gerrard playing that role but I'd like to see that team start. Against weaker teams at home it wouldn't be appropriate.

I'm not saying that's the strongest XI, just a team I'd like to see. There's no such thing as a strongest first XI imo.

I spoke to Roy Evans and he advised me on 3-5-2 (those were the days..Babb,Ruddock, Scales..tasty indeed)

anyway

___________Pepe______________

____Agger___Carra___Sami______

____Alonso_______Momo________

Finnan__________________Riise__

_________Gerrard______________

______Bellamy___Kuyt__________

Think it’s a bit odd nobody has gone for the obvious, whats wrong with:

Reina

Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Riise

Sissoko, Alonso, Gerrard

Wide player (Pennant or Gonzalez or Garcia)

Bellamy, Kuyt

You either play Gerrard on the left of the three if Pennant’s playing or on the right if Gonzalez is playing and wherever you want when Garcia is playing.

You can swap Crouch for Kuyt, Warnock for Riise, Sami for Agger and Robbie for Bellamy when you want to ‘rotate’ without greatly weakening the side.

Dudek, Zenden, Aurelio and Paletta get to play in the league cup or when the others are crocked and suspended.

Kewell can have a nice long break.

This is virtually impossible as there are so many players with big question marks hanging over them. Assuming full fitness and peak of their powers, it'd be ten of last season's side plus Kuyt (who's there on a hunch rather than evidence in a Red shirt) for me. I don't see how anyone could put Danny Boy in at Sami's expense after two good games. It's a fucking insult to the big man.

Pepe

Finnan Carra Sami JAR

Gerrard Xabi Big Mo Kewell

Crouchinho Deadly Dirk

Just to be different, what about this?

----------------Pepe

------Carra----Hyypia----Agger

----------Momo-----Alonso

----Pennant----Gerrard---Gonzalez

----------Kuyt----- Bellamy

Sure, it needs Momo and Alonso to work their socks off, and center back cover is short, but I really think we could murder some teams with this line up.

Just to be different, what about this?

----------------Pepe

------Carra----Hyypia----Agger

----------Momo-----Alonso

----Pennant----Gerrard---Gonzalez

----------Kuyt----- Bellamy

Sure, it needs Momo and Alonso to work their socks off, and center back cover is short, but I really think we could murder some teams with this line up.

I agree, it's 3-5-2 variation of the team I posted, again with Gerrard in the middle. Yours is more attacking. You can count on Momo to work his socks off that's for sure.

I agree, it's 3-5-2 variation of the team I posted, again with Gerrard in the middle. Yours is more attacking. You can count on Momo to work his socks off that's for sure.

Could get ugly against a team with quality wingers though.

Still would be nice to see it against some of the "bad" teams in the premiership,

at least at Anfield.

At home

---------------Crouch--------Kuyt------------------

Away

---------------Bellamy--------Kuyt------------------