You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you like your job?

Guest jonnyb1978

Guest jonnyb1978

Sitting in work bored with nothing to do whatsoever and is a complete waste of time. Recently put in a grievance about an internal application as i think the job was fixed and had the new person earmarked. So at the moment im pissed off with the job.

What job does everybody else do?

Do you love or hate it?

I was working in call centre operations. Specifically focused on relationships with outsourcers and operational communication. I really enjoyed the job in some ways, but it was hellishly frustrating in others. I got made redundant and am currently retraining into IT. Through a mate I managed to blag a job contracting as an IT engineer and I earned about £230 yesterday for piss easy work. I'm working with a gang of lads that are sound (I'd been working mainly with women for the last few years) and so you could say that I am currently happy. I no longer take work issues home with me either.

I stayed in a job that I did take home for way too long. You spend too long at work to stay in a job you don't like.

I do indeed hate my job.

I work in a shop in the city centre.It's an easy but boring,badly paid,boring,soul destroying,boring job.

I had one customer today and i swear if she was not a woman and over seventy years old i would have punched her in the throat.

They've also stopped paying us any extra money for bank holidays!Yet the delivery drivers get three times their pay on a bank holiday.

Don't work in retail!

I love my job - 5 years ago I was bored shitless doing a job I hated, so decided to start my own business, and am still here 5 years later. I get hassle from Clients, the bank and my wife still, but am my own boss. I get to watch the Sopranos and the Wire while I work, which is great.

I'm gonna quit my job, I decided last week. Its very easy but also boring, as its a charity i'll never get promoted and am not going to get any kind of training, in your 20's they're the two things you should be aiming for IMO. Raised a load of money for them though and can go with my head held high. Currently have three interviews lined up, one with Trinity Mirror for a newspaper job (not the Echo like, small one like Southport or Ormskirk probably) an Advertising agency in Manchester (not sure about that one, don't like the sales 'types' i've met in the past, and i imagine it will be packed to the brim with those kinds of flash mouthy gits) and an Interview in London to teach in Japan for a year - thats the one i'm leaning toward at the mo, talk about a big leap though, I just don't know which way to aim at the moment...

I love not having a job, but I'm kinda being forced into getting one due to the lack of money nowadays..

get a job yer lazy bastard ;) so yer can get down the coast. IF you can ever get yer arse down here one of my mates who's an instructor will give you a couple of free lessons.

get a job yer lazy bastard ;) so yer can get down the coast. IF you can ever get yer arse down here one of my mates who's an instructor will give you a couple of free lessons.

:wow: sound mate, I'm pretty sure I'll get a car for Christmas so I might well take you up on that offer ;)

Hate it. It's a small insurance firm in town. Mostly sales but I do a bit of everything from the post to negotiating claims and stuff.

Handed in my notice a few months back as I was so pissed off with the way things were going. Silly thing to do as we were just on the verge of getting a mortgage and I had nothing lined up. So, I retracted it. Luckily, my boss is sound and more of a friend than a boss (which is part of the problem) and said he understood things weren't great at the moment so just bide my time.

The office is alright, most of the people are sound and I can switch off at 5pm and whatever has gone on in the day I leave at work. But, it's the old familiarity problem. I feel semi-institutionalised in this current role, so much so that it's a struggle to make it sound exciting on my CV.

Worked as an UPS driver for 10 years. Once you got the hang of it and your own route is was good; had a few mancs and Italians on the route and it was fun winding them up. I still remember this one Italian fellow, he had a tailor shop and he would go on aboot the shady goings on in Serie A, B and C. He would always point out stuff in Gazzetto Del Sport and go on aboot it. Class fellow, he would get so worked up. I honestly thought he was a conspiracy nutjob but he probably had connections- the bloody shop rarely had anything being altered and there was always a back room full of Italian men drinking coffee. My favourite was Emilio, he was so worked up aboot Euro 2000 and the four minutes of added time.

I like what I'm doing now- supply teaching and guarding. It's on-call so I usually get to watch weekday matches. Wife makes enough to cover all expenses and then some, I just run the house and finances.

Quit mine on Friday- Handed notice in on Thursday evening- got a call from the big boss Friday morning, took car, phone, cards and sat nav back Friday pm and now holding company PC to ransom for final commission and expenses.

Got fed-up with ripping people off, selling them stuff they didn't really need or want and found out I actually do have a morals.

Not quite sure what to do next, but fuck it feels great!!

I'm a vicar and I love my job.

I have previously worked for an educational charity (in marketing and publications), and I've also dabbled as a day trader on the stock market.

The money for being a vicar is not very good, but I'm doing it for reasons other than money (though obviously you need money to live!) It is a very fulfilling job, and I often have moments where I'm very grateful to be doing this.

Guest molbyscorchio

I have previously worked for an educational charity (in marketing and publications), and I've also dabbled as a day trader on the stock market.

The money for being a vicar is not very good, but I'm doing it for reasons other than money (though obviously you need money to live!) It is a very fulfilling job, and I often have moments where I'm very grateful to be doing this.

more tea?

I'm really really sorry.

Not the Dirty Vicar from Monty Pyhton?

There are many souls to save on here, though so this is the place to be.

Is there a prayer for Red Nick?

It's funny that this thread came up today. I had an ace day at work a while back and considered a thread like this then. I've been back from work about an hour now and it was a shift from hell. Turned up and the job was on it's arse and we have been three hours behind pretty much all day. I ended up doing over twelve hours* in a physically demanding job as the lads on my relief shift decided to turn up whenever they wanted. The funny thing about it is that even on a day like today I feel a sense of achievement in keeping the job running well and making some class decisions to catch a bit of time up and save the later shifts some time. We won't over-run tonight hopefully and it will feel good on tuesday to have a wash-up meeting where we did a reasonable job on a nightmare project that had 'disaster' written all over it. I also get to look forward to tomorrow off, and Friday, due to the way our roster works. I like it a lot more than other jobs I've been in.

*For anyone who might know the heath and safety regulations in the industry please not that the above is obviously a joke, I would never break those regulations, obviously.

It's funny that this thread came up today. I had an ace day at work a while back and considered a thread like this then. I've been back from work about an hour now and it was a shift from hell. Turned up and the job was on it's arse and we have been three hours behind pretty much all day. I ended up doing over twelve hours* in a physically demanding job as the lads on my relief shift decided to turn up whenever they wanted. The funny thing about it is that even on a day like today I feel a sense of achievement in keeping the job running well and making some class decisions to catch a bit of time up and save the later shifts some time. We won't over-run tonight hopefully and it will feel good on tuesday to have a wash-up meeting where we did a reasonable job on a nightmare project that had 'disaster' written all over it. I also get to look forward to tomorrow off, and Friday, due to the way our roster works. I like it a lot more than other jobs I've been in.

*For anyone who might know the heath and safety regulations in the industry please not that the above is obviously a joke, I would never break those regulations, obviously.

You're job sounds like a nightmare compared to the lads in the office. You want to get yourself in there.

You're job sounds like a nightmare compared to the lads in the office. You want to get yourself in there.

You might have it wrong mate, a lot of the lads in the office will be out at weekends. Only the QS department and the clerical girls don't go on site.

You get the bad ones and then you get the shifts painting sleepers in the scorching sun out in the country and getting paid eight hours for four hours work.