You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which is the trilogy king: Star Wars 4-6 or Lord of the Rings 1-3

wiiksie

Best Trilogy: Star Wars or LOTR?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Best Trilogy: Star Wars or LOTR?

• Star Wars IV, v, VI
    • LOTR 1, 2, 3

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Will Warmer
Wouldn't argue with that at all.

Amazing set of "revenge" films.

Still prefer Symapthy for Mr Vengence the first one.

Also love Infernal Affairs trilogy.

Not many people have seen either or both though. :whistle:

"Symapthy for Mr Vengence" Yes man

Have that at home, take a knife to the achilles.

Wouldn't argue with that at all.

Amazing set of "revenge" films.

Still prefer Symapthy for Mr Vengence the first one.

Also love Infernal Affairs trilogy.

Not many people have seen either or both though. :whistle:

I've only seen Infernal affairs 1 andthought yes it was good but not great which has not made me watch the other two yet

I have only ever watched each Star Wars (the proper old ones, not these new shit ones to make Spielberg a bit more cash) twice...that's all I can stand for the rest of my life. Utter boredom.

LOTR is different, it's imiganitive, it's telling a story with an end (and let's be honest, you coulda just never ever done another Star Wars past the first or indeed second and no-one woulda known the difference) and has shone in a day where it seems there is nothing that will impress or shock anymore.

Star Wars was only good because of when it was made. The Godfather is still good. Back to the Future is still good. The Matrix was revolutionary but let down by two sequels that were tripe. LOTR is boss, and will still be a great story in 20 years time.

I've never seen a Star Wars film or any of the LOTR stuff. In fact, I've hardly seen any films.

So I'm going to vote for whatever has the least votes and I hope it fucks things up.

Hehe, it's now 18-18

Its been bugging me for a while - is that paul daniels in your avatar?

I'm another one who hasn't voted because I haven't seen any of the Lord of the rings trilogy as I intended to read the books first. Turns out I'm too lazy to do that so will eventually see them, so the 1st person to reply to this post gets my vote.

PS thought the Star Wars films were pretty good, but essentially they are for kids

I'm another one who hasn't voted because I haven't seen any of the Lord of the rings trilogy as I intended to read the books first. Turns out I'm too lazy to do that so will eventually see them, so the 1st person to reply to this post gets my vote.

PS thought the Star Wars films were pretty good, but essentially they are for kids

Read the book.

Is a little daunting, as it's a fat bastard and can be a little difficult t get into, but it's well worth it. They've had to cut loads (and I mean loads!) out of the films.

Oh, and LOTR pisses on Star Wars!

Read the book.

Is a little daunting, as it's a fat bastard and can be a little difficult t get into, but it's well worth it. They've had to cut loads (and I mean loads!) out of the films.

Oh, and LOTR pisses on Star Wars!

LOTR it is then.

Read the Hobbit which was alright but it pissed me off that every time Bilbo was in the shite, some up to that point unnamed buddies of Gandalf would sort him and his homies the fuck out. Also someone was taking this piss out of adults who read Tolkien so I felt like a bit of a puss after that

LOTR it is then.

Read the Hobbit which was alright but it pissed me off that every time Bilbo was in the shite, some up to that point unnamed buddies of Gandalf would sort him and his homies the fuck out. Also someone was taking this piss out of adults who read Tolkien so I felt like a bit of a puss after that

Oh, it's you again. :tease:

The Hobbit's OK as far as it goes, but definitely a kids book. And anyone who takes the piss out of adults who read Tolkien are only doing it because they lack both the imagination and intellectual capacity to actually do it themselves!

Gotta love Monty vehemently defending The Matrix Trilogy even everyone else thought it was pretentious shite. All power to you, Stu.

Over time you have to develop batfink-like skills for deflecting everyone's scorn on certain issues. I dislike the way that most things that try to be a bit for ambitious in the themes behind them get labelled as pretentious. I also think it's a film that you get more out of the more time you invest in trying to understand some of the story and the theory behind it. I don't understand it all but don't see that as a bad thing for a film.