You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

DT

9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Sitting in my spare room working is no fun, the fan i have is just blowing hot air. Not even looking out the window at ladies walking by on the way to the nearby gym is helping today.

Put a couple of frozen water bottles in front of the fan. Put them on a towel first

• Upvote 1

I was in town yesterday. Loads of people sitting outside eating and drinking. It was like being on holiday. 

It feels like it’s been like this for weeks. Is it just a decent summer for once or is this global warming?

2 minutes ago, Champ said:

I was in town yesterday. Loads of people sitting outside eating and drinking. It was like being on holiday. 

It feels like it’s been like this for weeks. Is it just a decent summer for once or is this global warming?

Decent summer? Its been pissing down and cold for months until this week! 

4 minutes ago, Champ said:

Can confirm it's being nothing of the sort in Liverpool, it's been warm and cloudy, hardly an sun at all.

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Decent summer? Its been pissing down and cold for months until this week! 

It has, perhaps, at times, been a little below average for the time of the year, but it hasn’t been cold. I haven’t had a t-shirt on my back indoors since the beginning of June.

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I did hear it thundering in the distance for a little bit before it started getting closer but other than that it was a total shock, especially when the lightening started. 

Still rumbling on. 

You'd think those pompous dicks in the met office would let people know.