You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

DT

30 minutes ago, Champ said:

I don’t know it it works but it sounds like a good idea

It cools the hot air from the fan. As long as the water is colder than the air passing through the fan it will cool the air

Screenshot_20210720-164213_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I’ve got to go to Manchester tomorrow. There and back in a day.  6 hours on a train in the sun. Going to be no fun. 

If it's a 158, I swear they turn the heating on June to August and switch it off the rest of the time on those things!

11 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Pre Covid, I spent my life on trains or planes. 10 - 15 hours a week easy. You get to read a lot of books. 

I bet you do.

I never needed to travel long distances for my job before I retired, so I've always driven and also driven for holidays etc.

My brother in law who lives in America has to travel extensively for his job both internationally and domestic. 

Rather him, or anybody else than me.

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I don’t mind it. I’ve a bit of a nerdy interest in railway architecture so if I see an old signal box rusting away by the side if the track in the weeds it makes my day. 

I've seen quite a few pairs of tits over the years travelling up and down the country on the train. I remember us stopping randomly once, no station the train just stopped about half an hour from London and some woman was getting changed, if she had looked out the window she would have just seen a train full of fellas all starting at her tits. She didn't look up. Also remember one morning on my way into Victoria station and just before Brixton seeing some bird getting a serious seeing too half hanging out of a window. 

Passes the time. 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

That's par for the course in Brixton. There as a chap a few years back caught shagging a goat when a train stopped  unexpectedly at a red light adjacent to the field hence creating scores of startled witnesses. He's now in D wing no doubt putting beans on his fry up. 

He's got a decent internet connection though eh @Remmie

• 1 month later...

This has been one of the worst summers I can remember. Granted we haven't had weeks of it pissing down, but it just seems like wind has gone out of fashion. What's the problem. Night after night of still humid overcast shit. Been ludicrous number of them this summer and I fucking hate it. 

I like sun as much as most (it seems I was abroad during the sunshine in the past week), but there has barely been any of that either, just a shitty cloudy day with no wind and a permanent state of stickiness. Get in the fucking bin. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...