You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

-Kuyt agrees terms with Liverpool

kop

According to Liverpool.no. They're refering to "reports from Holland". Liverpool.no is normally a reliable source. They are also suggesting that we are selling a squad player to help finance the Kuyt-deal.

I appologize if this has been posted in the other 700+ posts Kuyt-thread, I couldn't see anything in between all the bullshit there.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Liverpool.no. They're refering to "reports from Holland". Liverpool.no is normally a reliable source. They are also suggesting that we are selling a squad player to help finance the Kuyt-deal.

I appologize if this has been posted in the other 700+ posts Kuyt-thread, I couldn't see anything in between all the bullshit there.

Nothing this concrete appeared in the other thread mate...

Any other details in the article? (My norwegian is lacking...)

Nothing this concrete appeared in the other thread mate...

Any other details in the article? (My norwegian is lacking...)

We have apparently agreed a fee of £10m, but Feyenoord want more money up front than we have offered. Other than that, nothing new, and no suggestions on who the squad player is.

They are saying in another article that Potter is on his way to Wolves on a one year loan deal though, but I doubt that's the squad player that is helping to finance the deal....

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

DIRK KUYT'S future will be resolved over the next 24 hours, as Liverpool edge closer to an agreement with Feyenoord.

Kuyt is on international duty with Holland, but negotiations have intensified behind the scenes with further talks today crucial if the transfer is to go ahead.

Feyenoord have continuously stood by their valuation of £10m, having so far rejected a player-plus-cash offer.

The Reds have made a bid in the region of £8m for the striker, and are also prepared to offer Jan Kromkamp as part of the deal.

Dutchman Kromkamp was left out of the Liverpool squad which travelled to Cardiff at the weekend, but has been pencilled in to play for the reserves in Lincoln tonight.

Having been informed by Kuyt he wants to move to Anfield, Feyenoord have become increasingly resigned to losing the striker.

If the Kromkamp swap remains a no-go, the key to the conclusion of the deal is whether Liverpool are prepared to makea straight £10m offer for Kuyt, or whether payments can be structured in a manner the Reds can afford.

However, it'snow clear Benitez is tantalisinglyclose to securing the signature of a player he's chased for two seasons.

The Dutchman is likely to be a Liverpool player in time to join the squad for the Premiership opener with Sheffield United on Saturday.